Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Permanent fix for leaking throttle body pipe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Nylands

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zambezi Silver

A little help before I start adding the said o rings from those who managed it. Is the sensor plug squeezed at the sides to release and is the electric wires long enough to manoeuvre / twist to release?
I don't want to get into this without advice as a simple pull does not just release it.

Many thanks

Post #692511 13th May 2024 11:12am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

I can't rememberexactly how it comes off but don't recal this being a particularly difficult procedure so just work it out as you go along. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #692536 13th May 2024 5:41pm
Mfcetin

Germany 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Alaska White

I recently undid it with a thin flat head. Just stick from top but be careful. Use a thin one 2011 Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Post #692541 13th May 2024 5:54pm
Nylands

Many thanks for your response both and a good light and small screw driver shd do the trick then.

Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #692565 13th May 2024 10:07pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Just did mine again.....
There is a latch at the back which you squeeze and it will pull of easily. To get the elbow out you need to totaly remove the short hose to the IC and then once the retaining spring is off twist the whole elbo 90 deg anti clockwise and it will come out upwards without disturbing the delicate connector on the coolant hose ( don't even look at this the wrong way or it will snap off). The sensor itself is a 1/4 turn bayonet into the housing so just depress the lever in the outside and twist anticlockwise. There is an internal O ring to seal it but if it's leaking just a wrap of PTFE should fix it. As said in my new post the gap is 4.5mm so a better seal solution is needed than 3mm O rings. I've ordered 80mm ID 5mm O rings to try but there are other possibilities inc 80mm ID silicone intake hose couplers which cut into a 10mm ring may work. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #692886 18th May 2024 9:57am
Nylands

Restrictive Performance

Many thanks JayGee for the precise description on this job. Its a "restrictive space" for the plug mentioned but your comments have given me confidence to try that plug again. I did put a little silicone spray to it when last looked at it which will help. I'm glad that I didn't try to force it and think you might add an update when you try the new size O rings you ordered out.

Have a small oil leak issue now which the garage will investigate Wednesday next - favourite is the oil cooler but they want to have a good look around first. They are aware of the delicate coolant hose as they had to replace it last month when they changed the auxiliary belts!

Again Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #692890 18th May 2024 11:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123