Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Retro Fitting Nav system
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy Powell

England 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Stornoway Grey
Retro Fitting Nav system

Can anyone help me in the retro fitting of the Range Rover nav system into my 2003 TD6?
I have the screen, ariel, computer and disc. I cannot locate a loom. I know there is a retro loom available but no-one has been able to find the part number or assist me.
Any help on this mattter would be greatly appreciated.

Post #3446 6th Mar 2009 12:39pm
Stuart528

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Andy, did you get anywhere with this? I am refitting a standard monitor back into my car (2002 4.4 Vogue), as it had a big Kenwood screen fitted in the dash by the previous owner. Unfortunately, the wiring was all spliced into ISO plugs to go into the Kenwood, so I no longer have the two simple 12-pin plugs required to go into the standard RR unit.

Did you find anywhere to get the loom, or at least bits of it?

Post #9618 17th Dec 2009 9:55pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

I am relatively sure there is no retrofit loom. There are the original harnesses which aren't cheap and even more expensive to fit... The only other option - and possibly the most viable - is to modify a BMW harness to work.
The reason I know all this is because I'm in the middle of this too. I hope to have a little time over the holidays to finish this up. I can let you know, if you're interested. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Last edited by SteveMFr on 18th Dec 2009 7:56am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #9642 18th Dec 2009 7:51am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

Stuart528 wrote:
Andy, did you get anywhere with this? I am refitting a standard monitor back into my car (2002 4.4 Vogue), as it had a big Kenwood screen fitted in the dash by the previous owner. Unfortunately, the wiring was all spliced into ISO plugs to go into the Kenwood, so I no longer have the two simple 12-pin plugs required to go into the standard RR unit.

Did you find anywhere to get the loom, or at least bits of it?

Stuart, the looms are all quite expensive. Generally bits of a harness aren't avail. either for exactly this reason. You're best bet is still from a breaker. If you can't find the plugs on the isles, let me know and I'll see if I can find a set at a reasonable cost in Germany. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #9643 18th Dec 2009 7:55am
Stuart528

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Thanks a lot - but my problems were only just beginning - seems water ingress had wiped out some of the boxes in the boot, which must have been why previous owner replaced the head unit. I needed new DSP amp, new radio tuner, phone module was shot (but not bothered replacing).

I went to NavTVMan Jason in Birmingham, took him a saturday afternoon to repair the wiring in the boot to make the standard kit (which he supplied me) work again. I can recommend him!

All works again now, but I must do some research on this water ingress problem before my new boxes suffer the same fate...

Thanks again.

Post #10407 3rd Jan 2010 9:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1