Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > How to remove rear lights?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
How to remove rear lights?

I need to help my dad replace a broken rear light, how is it removed?

Thanks Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #418 13th Aug 2007 4:20pm
Misery

2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

RRUK pop over to our other site as one of the guys works at LR he should be able to tell you if not i have an old light guard fitting kit instruction bookelt somewhere I will try and dig that out for you, if i can do it anyone can.

Post #435 25th Oct 2007 7:51pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Pop over to RRSport??

He's a mod' over there you.... Sorry no FFRR just a RRS at the mo

Post #445 21st Nov 2007 9:34am
matth

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Simply lift down the rear tailgate, remove the two screws from the side of the light, that will be easily seen when the tailgate is lowered.

Now look at the light from the side of the vehicle and you will notice two small notches about one inch down from the top of the light and one about the same distance up from the bottom, you need to lever the light from these notches.

So take a large flat bladed screwdriver, wrapped in a tea towel or cloth, to protect the paint work and insert it in the top notch first and gently lever the light forward, start off by just moving it slowly and then move the screwdriver down the the bottom notch and just repeat the process untill the light starts to move.

Just be brave and watch the paintwork!!! 2005 Full Fat Java Black 4.4 V8 Vogue Range Rover

Post #447 21st Nov 2007 11:28pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

some brute force got this done in the end, the 2 retaining lugs hold strong, you really do have to be brave. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #457 20th Dec 2007 9:25am
Robert_it

Italy 

Just removed my R/H rear light the other day (FFRR SC). And yes they do sit very tight in those holders. The upper plastic "insert" is a part of the lamp assembly body but the lower is a loose plastic "clip" which in my case broke when I gently took it off??? It looks like it is designed to break before the lamp itself and I was confident that I could just go to Land Rover and buy another one....
BIG SURPRICE????????

This little plastic clip is a part of the lamp and cannot be purchased alone? How stupid is this?
I am sure I am not the only one because I ended up with having to unscrew the holder and use 2 set of pliers to take the broken bit out of the holder that is how tight it was. Surely I am not the only one?

Anyway, Land Rover suggested that I glued the old one onto the lamp and that is exactly what I have done.
Not very nice on an almost new 100K car but it is the only option.

Good luck and be extra careful on those lower clips..

Robert

Post #1063 15th Oct 2008 7:38pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Robert,

This ALMOST made me laugh, purely because I fitted some rear lamp guards and the EXACT SAME thing happend to me on my RH rear light unit. The lower clip, the loose fitting plastic bit snapped in two.

I too went to a dealer and was told to glue it back together or, buy a new light unit.

I didn't bother glueing mine together again on the basis that it has 3 other fixings and was unlikely to fall out. But still, really annoyingly easy to break it and you're right, this must happen ALL the time. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #1064 15th Oct 2008 9:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1