Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Blackberry + External Phone Antenna
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue
Blackberry + External Phone Antenna

Hi Everyone

Thought you might want to hear about my latest 'mod' - if it can be called that.

I've got a 06MY with the phone cradle in the arm rest, which for most people these days is useless as they don't make modern cradles to work with our phones.

So - I bought a Bury System9 passive car cradle for my Blackberry Bold 9000 to charge it - but it also has an external antenna connection.

This connection uses a SMB type plug, but unfortunatly the car has FAKRA connections. Now, if you pull the centre cup-holder out of the space just in front of the arm rest, there is a purple plug/socket (FAKRA type) and this is the phone antenna cable which goes from the arm-rest cradle to the phone antenna on the roof of the car.

I bought a FAKRA to SMB cable from a supplier in sinapore and received it yesterday. Plugged it all in and viola! I now get consistantly 1 to 2 bars more signal on my phone than when just propping it up on the dash or infront of the gear lever.

This is really important to me as on my 14 mile rural drive home it used to drop out 2 or 3 times when on a long call, but now it is perfect for the whole journey.

Simple, but I'm happy! FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #11077 14th Jan 2010 8:32am
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Any pics?

Post #11080 14th Jan 2010 8:48am
itguy

2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

sure, will take some FFRR TD6 06MY. Cairns Blue, Blue Hide. LR 7 Spoke 20" Wheels, S/C Grill and Vents. Privacy Glass and Side Steps

Post #11097 14th Jan 2010 4:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1