Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Have Just Bought New 20" Michelin Diamaris and...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver
Have Just Bought New 20" Michelin Diamaris and...

I'm really impressed with them!

Long story short. Old 19" wheels off. Goodyear Wrangler tyres. Absolutely fine. Great tyres. No problems at all. Great in rain, ice and snow.

New-ish 20" Vogue alloys with part-worn Yokohamas. I thought they had a good 4 months life left in them. Needed them balanced for an upcoming trip to Scotland (I'm fusssy with balancing), so National Tyres local to where I work got my FF yesterday.

Turns out (and this is the second opinion I've had, so I'm pretty comfortable with the decision) that the Yoko's go out of round as they get worn. So what appears to be a good-ish tyre with 3mm of tread is in-fact a bit of a gonner. Had a chat with a few other large-tyre chaps and they say the same.

So, no Goodyears around yesterday. Bit the bullet, after some negotiation on price (Costco had given me a decent deal and I used that as the basis - NT were only £86 off it and it saved me 2 gallons of unleaded and my time at a weekend) and I went for the Michelin's.

Verdict after two trips and 30 miles? Instantly better ride. Much better steering feel. Quieter. Feels more planted on the road. Just nicer. Less harsh.

OK, so I'm comparing old Yoko's to new Michelin's. But I do like these Diamari's. Rarely do I ever instantly notice a new tyre's difference quite this much.

Let's just hope they last a while. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #122504 18th May 2012 5:05am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Michelin are pretty hard wearing, I had over 60k out of a set of XMS 244 Radials - all be it on a Classic RR. The best I have got out of Pirelli or Goodyears on FFRR seems to be around the 25k mark, the jury is still out on the Vred's

Post #122529 18th May 2012 9:30am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

My 19" with good years have gone as i have Just had a set of 20" wheels of Dan with pretty much brand new Miches on them, waiting to give it a test but SWMBO is out and i am sitting the kids.

Just spent a good hour fitting them.

Look great, hopefuily will wear well.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #124260 29th May 2012 8:32pm
MrP

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Used to have Diamaris on the FF but when it came to change two of the four (slow punctures and general wear) it worked out I could have a full set of four Toyo's for the price of two Michelin's. Had them changed yesterday and the ride is as good the Michelin's. I'm happy to pay around 140 per corner rather than the nearly 280 for the Diamaris. Diamaris seemed in very short supply and were priced accordingly. "On first name terms with my local Dealer......now."

'61 Plate 5.0SC Autobiography - in Black β€”β€”β€” Gone
'53 plate 4.4V8 Vogue Bonatti Grey inside and out. ----- Gone

Post #124468 31st May 2012 6:18am
VaguelyVogue

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

£140 a corner - for 20" wheels - tell me more !!!

Post #124475 31st May 2012 7:52am
MrP

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Best kept secret place in the south - Bracknell Tyre and battery. Been using them for years and they always are cheaper than anywhere else. The fitters are great and service is faultless - what more can I say. PM if you want their phone number. "On first name terms with my local Dealer......now."

'61 Plate 5.0SC Autobiography - in Black β€”β€”β€” Gone
'53 plate 4.4V8 Vogue Bonatti Grey inside and out. ----- Gone

Post #124476 31st May 2012 8:07am
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Just invested in a set of Kumho Eco Solus Kl 21 in 265/50/20 for my stormer rims @£120 per corner delivered from germany, best price I could get over here was £145 per corner. fitting next week so full report then, went for the Kumhos because they are sold as an all season tyre not a summer tyre like a lot of the others. Although a couple of the reviews were questionable the majority were quite positive so suck it and see. Its a diesel so dont drive like F1 anyway and they are suposed to save fuel Thumbs Up in a FF

Re the comments on Yokos got them on at the moment and ok they are worn but while I find them ok in the wet they were lethal in the snow and scared the Censored out of me. Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #124477 31st May 2012 8:14am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Funnily enough, I had a chat yesterday with a Scooby-owning colleague and he really rates Kumho's.

Said he can't fault them other than, when the weather is hot, the sidewalls become a bit flexible.

He does drive hard, though. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #124479 31st May 2012 8:27am
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Urban myth is that they are Far East Michelin's but will have to wait and see got a 60k milage guarantee so must be a hard compound. However dont really know about tyres and everybody as a favourite/horror Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #124482 31st May 2012 9:01am
AJS4X4

Nice tyres Michelin. Thumbs Up

Post #125368 8th Jun 2012 11:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1