Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Update on my search-now between FFRR and Cayenne Turbo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Overtaking in an S/C is still a scary thing, it can gets scary very quickly when you floor the accelerator Smile Especially for the oncoming traffic !!! Laughing MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #130869 13th Jul 2012 12:18pm
daz62

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Haha, I need an SC asap. 03 4.4 V8 petrol / lpg. 1st of many hopefully. I love my Rangie

Post #130919 13th Jul 2012 2:52pm
Restless

In fairness though a 4.2 SC is still a fair bit slower than a Cayenne Turbo, I've decided against one anyway, they don't look as good, the interior isn't as good and I want the added off road ability of the FFRR, I've found a couple of reasonably priced 4.4s so will try and get to look at them next weekend, one of them even has an LPG conversion which is an added bonus!!.

Post #131238 15th Jul 2012 5:56pm
daz62

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Try both, the SC and the 4.4.

I had a tough job convincing the better half to let me have the 4.4 alongside a few other motors so never considered the SC. I love the FF so much now that the others just don't get driven.

Time for a clear out, then she'll get the 4.4 I get my SC lol. 03 4.4 V8 petrol / lpg. 1st of many hopefully. I love my Rangie

Post #131250 15th Jul 2012 7:34pm
Paulo

Scotland 

Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Another little cost to add is tyres. I had its cheapskate brother, the Touareg with the lowly 3.0TDi V6, sitting on low profiles on 20" rims. Even that wore its tyres out approx every 10k miles, and I reckon a Cayenne Turbo would easily reduce that with some enthusiastic driving.

I do about 30k miles a year, 12 tyres a year is no joke when they are £200 a pop for semi reasonable ones! I read somewhere on this forum that if careful I might get up to 30k miles out of my Vredestein Wintracs on the FFRR. Perhaps optimistic but 6k miles into my ownership and they are not 60% worn out so for sure the FFRR is miles easier on its tyres.

I've had the same 275/45/20 tyres on my Cayenne for 18k miles and have still got 5mm tread.... Shocked

I can't be driving it hard enough... Laughing

Post #131396 16th Jul 2012 3:20pm
Paulo

Scotland 

Restless wrote:
In fairness though a 4.2 SC is still a fair bit slower than a Cayenne Turbo, I've decided against one anyway, they don't look as good, the interior isn't as good and I want the added off road ability of the FFRR, I've found a couple of reasonably priced 4.4s so will try and get to look at them next weekend, one of them even has an LPG conversion which is an added bonus!!.

Keep us posted....

I too wasn't originally taken with the Cayenne's looks but with the optional Porsche or GTS bodykit, I think they look great and you would be surprised how good a Cayenne is off-road....

Post #131399 16th Jul 2012 3:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12