Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > LPG > Poss SC buyer on LPG : Advice please.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
number76

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black
Poss SC buyer on LPG : Advice please.

Hi all, have been over in the RRS land for a few years after selling my FF 3.0 TD 2003, for a 2007 RRS TDV8.

Back again after selling the RRS and now looking for another FF.

Have been looking for a 2005 / early 2006 3.0 TD, but have been reading about the SC and its got me thinking!.

So, after spending a few nights reading on here and looking at what's for sale, I do have a few questions please.

The SC does look an awesome buy, in a general overall package ( I have never driven one, or been for a spin!, but read lots and many on here who have bought have been impressed and its held my attention!), but I would only really consider one that's all ready been converted to LPG, as i wouldn't do enough miles in her to warrant the conversion spend in the first place, or "earn" my conversion back.

So, unless someone has a nice one for sale.....this one seems to be all ok?, is she anyone's here?, it's on Autotrader too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-LAND-ROVER-...1c37e87d30

Does anyone have any pointers on this sort of model? (thats not been said!) as I have read all through the posts and have a great check list with thanks to some other posts from people on here, I am new to the whole SC way of FF's, but does look mighty tempting I do have to say!.

The superchargers, an oil change is a good idea at what miles?, and should I expect it to have been done, like a gearbox oil and filter change too?, on these models I'm guessing the gearbox is still an issue as in a 3.0 same year?.

Welcome any owners views, like me maybe going for a SC instead of a TD and opinions/views?, like I said I have read all the posts in the LPG section, and in the other sections too, with some great info, has helped me pretty much decide to go for it, and forget the original search for a 3.0.

I am checking all the usual sites for a good example for sale daily.

Thanks in advance.

Post #220809 4th Nov 2013 11:21pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I would steer WELL clear of that particular car!

Read the ad and look closer at the pics - I don't see any LED rear lights. That's 1 of many alarm bells that are running! Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #220813 4th Nov 2013 11:29pm
number76

Hi, I have read the ad, and looked close at the pics, third pic in, LED rear lights!, also better pics of said lights on the Autotrader ad.

Please advise on the steer clear advice, please!.

Post #220819 4th Nov 2013 11:51pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

picture 4 deffo NOT LED lights. may have been taken before upgrade tho?

Post #220823 5th Nov 2013 1:09am
number76

Yep.

Again, better pics on the Autotrader ad, but lights aside as not top importance!....would like to know more from the "steer well clear" advise please!.

Thank you.

Post #220824 5th Nov 2013 1:21am
alanm_3

Vogue sport? Whistle

I just get a bit suspicious when I see car that goes to great lengths to say how much the current owner has spent on a particular item and then doesn't take care to show them in the sales pics. Maybe it's just me, but such a lack of attention to detail doesn't bode well. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #220843 5th Nov 2013 9:29am
Simes

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

Also appears to have great chunks out of the paintwork on the bonnet in the second picture. It can't be bird sh*t - if you are selling a car, you'd at least wash it before taking pictures.

Also - looks like a error message on the display in the (blurry)picture of the dash.

Post #220958 5th Nov 2013 6:29pm
number76

Vogue Sport = to attract more buyers who maybe looking and typing in the search bar for a RRS, and maybe see this and maybe be interested....its just to attract people.....I would say.

Its Bird sh*t..... you would not believe the state of some I have been to see....

On a separate note, there seems to be a lot of the 4.4 LPG converted FF's for sale all of a sudden?...

Like this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281201218182?ssP...1438.l2649

Looks nice and clean with a good write up, not to my personal taste but that's easily sorted.

Post #220965 5th Nov 2013 6:59pm
alanm_3

Well let's take a look at the one on your link -

1.Title says it's a 2010, but in the text it's a 2009 and it definitely isn't a 2010!

2. Rear head lights up-graded genuine Xenon! That's a first!

3. Just had its 85,000 service, then goes on to say -
88,000 current miles (Used daily so will increase)
I only do 2.4 miles per day so ideally looking for something else to drive such a short distance. I’m just not getting the use out of the vehicle.
That equates to 625 days, so the service was done 18 months ago?

4. Professionally de-badged - what badges? There's only a Vogue badge on the back to take off!

5. 2012 ‘RANGE ROVER’ dust caps - £70! Aye right!

6. upgraded OVERFINCH side air intakes! Eh no!

7. Both front seats have no wear as I work in a GYM so no scuffs from jeans - does he go to work in his shorts?? Laughing

You pays your money and all that............. Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #220969 5th Nov 2013 7:29pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

The SC has the ZF 6 speed and they are very reliable (although I seem to be the only forum member that did actually have problems with that box) so no, it is not the same box as the TD6 uses. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #221068 6th Nov 2013 7:27am
Simes

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

I always think that when you are buying a car (or anything that is a large capital purchase) it's important to 'buy the seller'. The person selling the item can tell you a lot about the item without saying a word. If they live in a house with building work going on, has the car been used to transport tonnes of rubble to the dump? If they are a builder or plumber and don't have a van, is the RR their van?

Mileage - I'm perhaps going against some of the perceived wisdom on here, but if the mileage is very low that rings alarm bells for me - it either means that it's spent all its time in the dealers being fixed, or that it's only really been used for local runs - and if it's doing short journeys, then the oil etc never really gets up to temperature, and the brakes etc are usually more worn than they should be. If it has only done local runs, has the oil been changed more frequently to make up for it?

Remember that most engine wear occurs at start up as the oil hasn't made its way round the engine yet - so 10,000 miles done as 5,000 2 mile journeys is probably worse than 60,000 miles that's been clocked up on the motorway (nice steady speed/load, everything warmed up properly etc) by a rep. So I like to see a car that has been used properly - not one that's only done 5,000 miles a year.

If the car isn't spotlessly clean for the photo's, what state has it been allowed to get into when he's not trying to sell it? Then, if he can't be bothered to wipe the bird S**t from the car for the photo's, what about the bits you can't see, like the engine oil, gearbox etc etc.

Above all, if the guy can't spend the extra 2 minutes with a dictionary or spell checker on the advert, it demonstrates he's slap-dash and doesn't care about anything - avoid. If the advert looks like it's been written by a truculent ten year old, then the car has probably been "cared for" in the same way.

Post #221106 6th Nov 2013 12:05pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Gotta agree with all said above. It is at face value a very nice looking car and is not a bad price at the moment. However there are several things you can take him to task about.

1. This Range Rover has been upgraded INSIDE and out to a 2009 spec. eerrr, putting some black stick on facia covers does not a 2009 internal upgrade make and its a 2005 upgrade to the front!

2. It seems to be sitting very low in the side on pic. Has he had the suspension lowered?

3. PLUS this is a lower tax band because of the GAS conversion errr no it is only £10 off due to the gas. THe lower tax is due to it being MY before 2006.

4. Rear head lights up-graded genuine Xenon conversion by professional garage - £600 those are supercharged lights. Never heard of Xenon in rear lights before and those are not LEDs? (and he got ripped off price wise.)

5. (the only scuff is a mark on the rear bumper that my wife introduced … after which front and rear parking sensors were added - £250)! errr, these are standard on all Vogue models aren't they? this appears to be a blatant fib unless he means they were fixed to work again!

6. upgraded OVERFINCH side air intakes. think they are normal supercharged side intakes?

Post #221161 6th Nov 2013 3:33pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

An advert that abruptly finishes "... usual rules apply to time wasters and idiots." is not the type of language I would hope for from someone I was buying a Range Rover from, whether it was a 2002 or a 2012.

I've no idea about the price these 2 examples should go for but both adverts paint their own pictures.

You will find an L322 that's for you. It might be one of these, it might not but my experience of this forum is that I take note of what the members say as they are knowledgable, well intended and will do all they can to make sure you choose well.

Thumbs Up

Last edited by pld118 on 7th Nov 2013 2:27pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #221223 6th Nov 2013 7:11pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

If it helps, these are the types of advert and detail you want to see.

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic20334.html

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic19732.html

Whistle Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #221231 6th Nov 2013 7:41pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

So now you can compare both sets of pictures (the ones you've seen v the ones RRUK shows) and then ask which set paints the L322 picture for you Wink

Thumbs Up

Post #221239 6th Nov 2013 7:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1