Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > my new carx project almost done
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
elpeede

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

And another camera bit of software that also links in to gps to record co-ord, speed, direction, time , height above sea level etc.

http://www.curioustech.net/minicam.html

Could be useful bit of kit to help disprove an allegation... or just a toy Mr. Green

Post #21332 30th Jun 2010 3:32pm
elpeede

Hi Daveo, how is it going?

Today I got a wireless keyboard and mouse from a chap at work for a tenner, result! Handy for the other software the computer will run and also for the bigger kids to set up video for the little nipper in the back without going hands on my dashboard controls... leaving me to blame getting lost entirely on the OE Sat nav Laughing

Resler interface is on order along with a multitude or phono cables and plugs. Only other thing I think I will need is a cable for the laptop to the Video converter.

Can anyone tell me how the GPS links in to supply Radar with a location? We will be in france in a few weeks so this would be handy.

I have used my GPS mouse which I know is working but it looks like Carx is reliant on something other to tell it where it is.. Daveo I note yours detects you are in London from a photo? Is this info on the Ibus to Carx in which case is the GPS I have redundant for the purpose of Radar?

Post #21393 1st Jul 2010 7:14pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi, the lead comes with the video converter so thats that one covered Smile the gps runs data through the ibus so carx picks it up that way, my one, as you said has. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #21398 1st Jul 2010 9:03pm
elpeede

Ok - Audio leads installed and tested with a tape in. - Sorted. Mr. Green

Been reading about the resler interface, where have you picked up the 12+ feed from?

Post #21502 2nd Jul 2010 11:13pm
daveo

hi mate, look for this plug in the boot,it will have live feed,i-bus and ground..you can see my red,black and yellow wires the forth wire will be your switch on pin 17.....

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #21505 2nd Jul 2010 11:43pm
elpeede

AV adapter and resler interface have arrived today in the post just in time for my 4 days off Cool

(edited question about wiring as the link for the i-bus wiring points is already in the thread Embarassed )

Meanwhile Laptop is being populated with Mp3's ready for the holiday. Very Happy

Also new DVD screen (not the permenant type) arrived yesterday to entertain the little people and do have AV in so one screen can be used as planned.

Post #21886 8th Jul 2010 4:39pm
elpeede

Carx - DONE!

Huge Thanks Daveo!!!

All working and well impressed! - I spent hours chucking MP3s on the computer last night Cool

Post #21987 9th Jul 2010 7:13pm
daveo

hi, do you get the title of the song come up in your dash message window when selected..i do! V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #22004 9th Jul 2010 11:40pm
elpeede

Yes! Awesome! Just been out for a run to my Dads and had the laptop in doing its stuff as a trial for the Hols.

Well impressed, Dad was trying to compute how it all goes together but I think it got a bit much so a less technical brew was called for while we watched TopGear showing the 2010 Rangie Cool Bow down Thumbs Up

I've ordered a LONG USB cable for the Web cam to link the Curious tech Mini cam software up activated from the Launch option. One press and recording incase of cocks in the road Laughing

Post #22897 21st Jul 2010 3:49pm
daveo

did you get the artist and song name come up in the message window of your dash..looking now for a good quality cam if you know of any..could not down load that software the link was dead.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #22898 21st Jul 2010 4:40pm
elpeede

Yep song title and Artist appears on the OBC dash display Cool

Capture seems to be working ok from here, just clicked on the link and straight away it prompts me to save or open the zip file. May be your pop up stopper or something? If you still have no joy then PM me your email and I'll stick it on a disk. The Minicam needs a seperate external GPS other than the cars one.

I tries to make an endless cassette tonight. All went well with an elastic band and I felt very smug BUT somehow the Rangie tape deck knows I'm trying to trick it and comes up "Tape Error" Is there a way to pause the tape but keep the amps live? Minor inconvinence wile the tape flips its self but would be nice to get around it.

I have chucked an old RM camera on the dash. A 5m USB extension is just the job and leaves a little to play with. The Minicam software had been working fine but when I tried to play back the files it threw a benny. It may be a codec at my end but I think I'll try Capture next time I chuck the lap top in the car. Advantage of having the cam on the dash is it doesn't get crudded up or blocked by a fly meeting a 70mph demise.

Only other thing is my VGA cable died that came with the converter. Chucked another on and it is ok, can't moan at the price still!

Post #23051 23rd Jul 2010 8:33pm
daveo

hi mate, i made a video cable up out of some ox,free and a pair of gold rca to the right length. just got some 2010 switches to see if i can swap them over and move the contol of carx to the steering wheel.
are you using the reversing cam and car x on the same video in... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #23068 23rd Jul 2010 11:01pm
elpeede

At the mo I'm only using Carx on trials and so I swap the carx video with the reverse camera when testing. Pin 17 is still fed from both the resler interface and also the switched earth from the reverse camera relay. At the worst when carx closes and resler kills the video feed I end up seeing the desktop screen when reverse is selected.

Post #23070 24th Jul 2010 12:06am
daveo

so do you have both the car x and reversing cam in a two into one splitter on the video , if so what happens if you are using car x and the select reverse...thinking about it i have a 12v powered 2 into 1 splitter someware that would do change the sorce cleanly.. V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #23075 24th Jul 2010 7:56am
elpeede

No I manually swap the plugs at the mo.

A relay should (eventually) sort it ok run alongside the reverse light / cam relay. Wired to flip the Reverse cam input between reverse cam when reverse lights are powered up and Carx when no reverse lights. The Losses through the relay for the video should be negligable as long as the cable the rest of the way is screened type. Its not like we are running High res so shouldn't even notice. Interested in the powered AV switcher mind if they are cheap enough as that would save faffing.

I wouldn't like to run both feeds in at the same time, that could be a magic smoke moment, most likely for the converter Sad

Post #23122 25th Jul 2010 1:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123