Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Jacking, Mudflaps and Tinting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bigbangman

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
Jacking, Mudflaps and Tinting

Confused Confused Confused

Hi, has anyone got any clear pictures of where the trolley jack and axle stand should go when jacking up each corner. Don't trust the supplied one if i'm lying underneath as want to change the wheels

Also looking at fitting mudflaps front and rear, on fronts does anyone know if the small panel on lower front wing just pulls off as per pict 1 in instructions, or is it mysteriously attached somehow.

Also looks like drilling required, front seems straightforward but not clear on rears in picture 7, if this is into bodywork, its not that clear, it doesn't mention any protection in respect of the drilled holes from future rust etc.

Probably being a bit thick here so help an idiot if you can.

Also, thanks for those with advice on tinting in previous post, got it done now and pleased with result, stayed legal, not so much as problems with the plods but bottom line it invalidates your insurance, now considering whether i tell mine its tinted and get clobbered a charge or leave it until i can move to a cheaper one at renewal.

Regards If its not broke now it soon will !!!

Post #26393 25th Aug 2010 5:52pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I can only answer one of your questions - YES drilling is required to fit the mudflaps, also some cutting if you have side steps IIRC.
Suggestion for the jacking points - visit a tyre sales outlet and ask them, certainly my local guys told me they found the hard way the first Dsico3 they had in and had to buy a new suspension compressor for the client! Interestingly when I recently had to call out LRA to change a wheel for me the technican put the jack under the front of the car and not at the jacking points. If you have side steps I believe you have to remove them before you can jack it up with a trolley jack too 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #26395 25th Aug 2010 6:00pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I think member Dan_uk_1984 did a posting on this a while back hopefully he will be along to help you out ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #26397 25th Aug 2010 6:09pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

DO NOT use the scissor jack. They are cheap and can strip the thread easily. You'll be dead if you're underneath it or worse you could break the car as it slips.

Use a trolley jack.

If you look under the front you will see a flat bit on the sub frame tube, this is the workshop jacking point.

At the rear I jack here:

Click image to enlarge

Post #26398 25th Aug 2010 6:13pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver
Re: Jacking, Mudflaps and Tinting

Bigbangman wrote:
Confused Confused Confused

Also looking at fitting mudflaps front and rear, on fronts does anyone know if the small panel on lower front wing just pulls off as per pict 1 in instructions, or is it mysteriously attached somehow.

Also looks like drilling required, front seems straightforward but not clear on rears in picture 7, if this is into bodywork, its not that clear, it doesn't mention any protection in respect of the drilled holes from future rust etc.

Regards

Yes the Panel on the lower front wing just pulls away - it is held on with clips and can need a little force.

And yes drilling is required but not into bodywork if i recall but into the inner wing wheel arch guards or whatever they are called!

Post #26421 26th Aug 2010 8:23am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

re the scissor jack supplied with the FFRR, its pants...it wont lift the FFRR using the 'official' jacking points and the handle bends soooo easily...i'm tempted to carry a trolley jack with me all the time. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #26427 26th Aug 2010 8:35am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

Even better so you don't have the extra weight of the trolley jack is to take out breakdown insurance that covers punctures/ wheel/tyre damage and then you can call out a man with a repair truck to get all dirty at the roadside instead of you getting all dirty! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #26432 26th Aug 2010 8:51am
davemfox

United Kingdom 

I was looking for the same thing myself Razz

Dan - what make's that trolley jack?

Dave 1993 YZF 750 SP

Post #26485 26th Aug 2010 3:38pm
Tim in Scotland

It looks exactly the same as the Halfrauds 2.5tonne one I use for changing wheels on my 90 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #26492 26th Aug 2010 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1