Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Elusive rattle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Elusive rattle

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I have been chasing an elusive rattle in the rear seat area of my new car...................
Have tried all sorts of things, but today decided to remove the various bits and bobs I have in a box in the boot to attempt a fault finding session and found a spare locking wheel nut form my Defender, so out it comes and I go to drive a local rough road........ ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the rattle is still there so out with the complete box, off for a drive, nope still have a rattle. There's only two things left to remove from the boot - 2 carrier bags with the tailored seat covers in them, surely they cannot be the cause of this annoying rattle................... they were, as I lifted them out the zip pull rattled against the zip and lo problem solved, quick test drive and yes no more rattle! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 17th Aug 2010 7:41pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #25752 17th Aug 2010 6:51pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Laughing Laughing know the feeling wife is always saying to me "are you deaf" when she is speaking to me, but can hear a mouse FART in the FFRR ........... Laughing Laughing ( figure of speech ) Thumbs Up

Post #25756 17th Aug 2010 7:32pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the trouble with noises like this is the more you hear it the louder it gets.... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #25762 17th Aug 2010 7:43pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

My neighbours must have thought I had flipped my lid over the last few days with rear seats being folded and unfolded, parcel shelf in and out, removed the boot floor and checked everything in the spare wheel well (BTW the RRS has a nice moulded polystyrene insert there that holds everything you need to carry and what FFRR has is a bit cheap and nasty in comparison!), even the wheel nuts checked to be fully done up and all it turns out to be is a b Censored y zipper pull vibrating against the metal zip! I even had screwdrivers and torx drivers out to check every darned thing I could find was tightened down Rolling with laughter 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #25763 17th Aug 2010 7:45pm
mark1959

France 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green
Rattle is Steering Column

Any body had experience is stripping down the steering column, I ahave an annying rattle in there, also an occasional 'squeeking' when steering wheel is adjusting to position. Whilst under garage warranty (2004 L322 Vogue) the garage claim to have replaced the motors twice!! Now out of warranty they 700€ (yes E's I am in France, oh for the decent UK garages who actually understand the vehicles are talk to the customer!!) to investigate the fault!!!!
Thanks.

Post #26703 29th Aug 2010 12:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1