Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Nissan GT-R opinions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Beancounter_74

I love them. Mr. Green

Going through this exact dilemma myself at the moment Confused . Had a new RRS, then moved to a 5 series BM (current car) and want to get into something fast and impractical for a while. Would be a second car as the GF has a FF.

Have decided I'll get one in the spring time '15, as no point owning such a powerful car through the winter IMO.

Yes, I know they are plasticy and costly to run, but I think 'bang for buck', they can't be beaten.

Probably would only have it for a year, but it's an itch that needs scratching, well either one of these or an AMV8........or an R8....

Post #280494 12th Sep 2014 4:28am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Agree on the AMV8 Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #280496 12th Sep 2014 5:55am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

I'm only going by what I've read:
It's not fancy, not plush, not a GT, not a badge to lust for. But it is FAST. If it's a second car, not bought to impress anyone and you've got a place where you can open it up regularly, then Thumbs Up
If you just want fast, it's probably one of the best in price/performance.

Post #280606 12th Sep 2014 7:14pm
Chauch

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

I ran a few GTRs many moons ago and tried an R35 for a week and personally, I far prefer the R34, which would be a better investment too.

I hear horror stories about the running costs of the R35 and I found the ride unbearable. Properly quick though.. 4.2 Supercharged Vogue SE

Post #280632 12th Sep 2014 8:23pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I hear service costs are silly expensive. Second had they are difficult to buy because they have mainly been trashed mercilessly

Post #280653 12th Sep 2014 10:24pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Chauch wrote:
I ran a few GTRs many moons ago and tried an R35 for a week and personally, I far prefer the R34, which would be a better investment too.

I had a few GT-Rs too, but the R35 is on another planet in terms of ability. I ordered one when they first came out (nice free helmet) and foolishly cancelled - would have been a seriously cheap car given what they're still worth.

Emperor Mong wrote:
I hear service costs are silly expensive. Second had they are difficult to buy because they have mainly been trashed mercilessly

Brakes and tyres will add up, but service costs aren't so bad (schedule changed to 12m/9k in 2011). I'd probably stay away from dealers. They seem fairly unbreakable but I'd apply the usual caveat of not buying anything that's been near Bradford or Luton.

Post #280977 14th Sep 2014 8:07pm
ebajema

It sounds like a car you need to play with for a few days/weeks (i.e. a rental first) before making up your mind. As for the service cost, if you can get parts for a reasonable price (as we do with Duckworths etc.) then you can always find someone to do the work.

Keep us posted Beancounter, would love to see the pics on here Wink

Finding a nice one that isn't trashed to death is a different matter of course. But I also found out that you can "see" that a car has had a hard life when you really look it over top to bottom and inside out. Not a guarantee but with a lot of them you do see it.

Anyway, I will try one at some point, it is a car that is high on my list, same as a 911 (i only drove a 924 VEEEERY long ago) and I would like to own an AM for some time. But all this after my FFRR collection is established (i.e. a Classic and P38 to be added to the current 322, the 405 can wait).

I seriously need to start working again if I ever want to reach these goals in the next decade or so Smile Smile Smile

Anyone looking for an Oil&Gas consultant with management consultancy as well ?? Smile Smile Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #281108 15th Sep 2014 1:46pm
winslo

2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

Contraband wrote:
was with a chap at a charity drive at the weekend and his gtr is pumping out 640bhp and he wants more!

this is my mates GTR, http://jm-imports.co.uk/index.php/demo-car/

I think he was the first in the UK to blow one up, nissan gave him 10k towards engine rebuild and he has spent ridiculous amounts of money on this car. Although it is his demo car for his company he has not removed any of the standard equipment, so still has sat nav, leather seats, air con etc and us uses it as a family car.

There are plenty videos on youtube....its ridiculous

Post #281261 15th Sep 2014 8:05pm
Mikey

Scotland 

0-100 mph in 3.77s Shocked

Post #281268 15th Sep 2014 8:40pm
Beancounter_74

So....made the first step towards getting one of these beasts (a GT-R that is) as I had a 24 hour test drive in one at the weekend.
To be honest, I was shocked at how usable these are, I was expecting it to be chaffing at the bit at every movement, but I loved the fact that you could drive it like a 'normal' car around town etc and then when the situation presented itself you could press the loud pedal, hold on and all hell was let loose. Also a surprisingly versatile boot Embarassed .

Power was immense and I could not believe how quick the car was, the way it put the power down on the road is a credit to the tech geeks as it felt like it was glued to the road and with TC on, the wheels didn't spin at all.

I drove a MY14 (in pearlessant white) and was pleasantly surprised with the lack of 'plasticy' interior, some nice alacantara, leather and tasteful trim made it a very nice place to be if I'm homest. It's no Bentley for sure, but it's also 100 times better that a Subaru/EVO.

Verdict for me.......can't wait to get one Mr. Green - Just a decision on whether to go new or 18-24 months old. Confused

Post #286239 13th Oct 2014 1:51pm
ebajema

Cool, can't wait to see pics of it.

I will be meeting up with my neighbour across the road who has one, maybe I can persuade him to lend it to me Wink MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #286243 13th Oct 2014 2:02pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Beancounter_74 wrote:
Verdict for me.......can't wait to get one Mr. Green - Just a decision on whether to go new or 18-24 months old. Confused

PM Fox on this forum and he can tell you all you need to know about the GTR Thumbs Up

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/member-fox.html The forums premier drug dealer and human trafficking consultant

Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8, Range Rover Sport HSE 3.6TDV8, Audi S8 V10, Jaguar XKR Conv, Jaguar XJS V12 Conv, Land Rover Disco 3, Lexus LS 400 MkIV, Lexus LS400 Mk III.

Post #286257 13th Oct 2014 2:43pm
Beancounter_74

Thanks wackyjim Thumbs Up

Post #286283 13th Oct 2014 4:44pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I once chased one in a 400 bhp BMW M5, redlined it through the gears. The chap in the Datsun noticed, changed down, and he disappeared into the distance, like a lion playing with its food.

The thing looked epic.

I'd love a go in one.

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #286436 14th Oct 2014 5:00pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Get a Bentley or a class car not a mid life crisis money pit Thumbs Up _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #286466 14th Oct 2014 9:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>