Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Gearbox Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CG-SC

2006 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Zambezi Silver
Gearbox Service

I had a gearbox oil change flush carried out on my Supercharged about two months ago, all good.....but then noticed a few drips of oil on my drive so I had a quick check and the crossmember was coated in oil, appeared to be coming from the rear of the sump.

So I dried it and kept checking, seemed to be coming from the bolts but I also reckoned there was a slight weep from the electrical connection to the mechatronic unit....

So I contacted Mackie Automatic Transmissions in Glasgow who had carried out the change / flush and they told me to bring it back in - so I took it through today. They cleaned it up, put talc powder all around the sump to check it - slight weep from a bolt so they drained the oil, dropped the sump and changed the electical connector sleeve seal, put a new sump on and refilled with oil - job done.

So now I've had two oil changes in 2000 miles so reckon most of the 90000 mile original oil has been replaced now......and so far so good, all appears dry Thumbs Up

I also changed the transfer box oil myself last week so transmission all fresh, just the diffs to do now lol Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #182591 12th Apr 2013 8:16pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Has your transmission cooler been changed yet ? MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #182625 12th Apr 2013 9:57pm
Squaresausage

Scotland 2003 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue
Re: Gearbox Service

How much was the gearbox service ? I just had mine mot'd and they noticed a small weeping leak at one of the gearbox seals. I'm in Hamilton, mine is an03 l322 v8 lpg. Mitchell's garage said it would be expensive to fix but leak wasn't bad.

I'm gutted as I have spent a small fortune on it and I thought it was running well, can't afford to keep throwing money away my wife is sick of the car.

Unnecessary quote removed What has fallen off today:-)

Post #288379 23rd Oct 2014 7:26pm
CG-SC

From memory it was about £300.00 for everything - oil change, reverse flush of oil cooler, new sump / filter / gasket assembly. Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #288519 24th Oct 2014 8:52am
Squaresausage

The Mitchells garage said they would need to drop the gear box to change the seals. U had any issues with LPG and your supercharger? What has fallen off today:-)

Post #288598 24th Oct 2014 11:53am
CG-SC

The major problem I had with mine was the fact that some thieving scumbags broke into my house, took the keys and helped themselves to it...... Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #288599 24th Oct 2014 11:55am
Squaresausage

Oh dear, I guess u haven't got it back then?? Someone snapped the wing mirror of mine and nicked the wheel hub covers and toweye cover. As u say some scumbags out there.

I would love a SC version but the guy who services my lpg system said there are issues with that engine. What has fallen off today:-)

Post #288601 24th Oct 2014 12:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1