Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > EDF - Mrs Edfors' shopping cart
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 12 <123 4 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
JOKER

Scotland 

Probably why so many other drivers think FF drivers are all F Censored ing Fanny's .... Laughing Laughing

Post #292754 13th Nov 2014 3:26pm
Edfors

Sweden 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Alaska White

Click image to enlarge

The boot looked a bit naked.

Click image to enlarge

So I ordered a pair of luggage nets.

Click image to enlarge

A small investment but a very convenient...

Click image to enlarge

to hold small things in the boot.

Post #292758 13th Nov 2014 3:33pm
Edfors

Oh, regarding the F. Fanny's. The FF is really a womens car Wink

Just have a look in any US city, the school run's are probably the most common use of a FF.

Real men drive something more manly Whistle Rolling Eyes Laughing

Click image to enlarge

I'm in the Airbus, for you flight spotters Wink

Click image to enlarge

Coming in over Chicago last winter.

Click image to enlarge

And walking the streets you see both proper rental cars and proof of the RR dominance in the School Run Thumbs Up

Post #292761 13th Nov 2014 3:41pm
Edfors

Click image to enlarge

Bought a couple of original headphones. The originals was lost already by the first owner. Headphones works well but that can not be said about the DVD player, only plays about 1 out of 20 DVD's we tried Crying or Very sad Is it this bad? Can something be done? Or is a media player on AUX in the only solution?

Post #292824 13th Nov 2014 9:45pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Tablets with headsets is my preference. The RSE (I had it on my 2006 SC) is not a great system although on mine it did work fine. Using tablets gives the kids a bigger screen (assuming you use a 10 inch) and more choice than any RSE can give you.

Just imagine a Galaxy Note 10.1 with 64 GB micro SD in it holds a LOT of movies. And getting tablet holders that clamp to the headrest is easy peasy, with or without gooseneck. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #292852 14th Nov 2014 3:01am
Edfors

Tablets already existing, but that's not my question. The point in having it built in is that it's always there and don't ever need charging or get left behind somewhere... knowing my kids. Whistle

The question is how to get the RSE DVD working, or working better. I have read through the Electronics tech section, several other have similar issues, but no real answers except clening the laser lens, guess I will start with getting a DVD head cleaner and take it from there. Wonder if Alpine has a newer better DVD/Media player that could be plug'n'play?

Continue with the small post purchase fixes, not got into mod's yet. Still just fixing faults existing at purchase.

Click image to enlarge

Lower tailgate button looked like this.

Click image to enlarge

Wish all fixes was as cheap and easy to do Thumbs Up

Post #292854 14th Nov 2014 7:33am
ebajema

Mate, I was the same with the 2006. It didn't have the DVD changer in at all and I went to quite some lengths (and money) to get it. Once it worked properly I realized that yes it is nice if it works, I mean the set up where each passenger can watch their own stuff is great, but going for a tablet (I think my eldest (11 coming on 12) would alright but my 4 yr old would probably forget) especially since they already have them (yes we succumbed too) is just easier.

I also got the BT module fixed and updated by Wiggs.

Charging them not an issue, I have my separate battery packs that can be charged in the car if needed. Finding a 12 V charger that works on a Galaxy tablet is impossible as the range of the charging amperage is very small so virtually all chargers on the market DON'T work. My battery pack however has one port that does charge the Galaxy. Big design fault Samsung (stern look and wagging finger).

You might want to check for water ingress issues in that area of the car and corroded contacts. Maybe the lens is fine and it is the old water ingress issue in that area of the car !!! Just check wiring, plugs etc. the usual I mean. Also is the changer bolted down properly and are the DVDs "clean". We have a lot of DVDs that are "full of little fingerprints and scratches" Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Because of all of the above (and I have the entire DVD collection ripped now, well 400+ and just a few more to go) I decided that on the 5.0 no RSE unless it happened to be in the perfect car and it wasn't. Because I most definitely feel it is a waste of money to pay for it. Even if it was in the car, I think the girls would still be playing with the tablets more than anything else so why not use them to keep them quiet in the car Smile Smile Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #292857 14th Nov 2014 7:52am
vnitos

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

on the DVDs there are zones/areas indicated where these DVDs can be used. I have the same problem that some of my DVDs wont play in the car whilst others are working perfectly.

Post #292859 14th Nov 2014 8:04am
ebajema

vnitos has a point there, I had the same bloody issue. Even ripped DVDs with the region code removed didn't always play well either though. I think the DVD system may also be too old and it can't cope with the more modern DVDs. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #292860 14th Nov 2014 8:07am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

^^ As vnitos said I have real problems here with my UK car in Aus some work some don't I might get the IID on it but not very hopeful . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #292870 14th Nov 2014 9:11am
ebajema

Axle, I played around with the Faultmate forever (I have a lot of Oz/NZ DVDs from when I lived there) and no joy. Removing the region by ripping but that doesn't always work either as the DVDs sometimes still don't play. I think the RSE is just a crap system, outdated too much to cope with anything outside the narrow norm.

Same as the CD player that is supposed to play MP3s. Mine (in the 2006) never ever did. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #292871 14th Nov 2014 9:19am
Edfors

Your right about that the RSE system is just cr@p. I would probably think both twice and three times before ordering with a new vehicle. But now I bought EDF just because it plates, and to have my wife forgive me the 7 years of sorrow for the old hippo, and what a lucky car to be guaranteed well taken care of and a very long life.

Thanks for all the tablet info, but I know all this already, also have tablets, chargers et all. But that's not the point. The issue is that EDF now has RSE and then I want it to work as intended.

I've done some testing and it has nothing to do with region coding on the DVD's. Right it only accepts region 2 (W.Europe) and that's fine. But still only at best accepts 1 out of 20 DVD's.

Again, tablets or any other system is not a solution for me. I want all the original systems to work as they are intended to or better. Modifications to give improvements is ok, but it's not ok to have a pair of black screens in the headrests. Ideally I would have some LR Camel, G4 or other event movies there. With discs permanently in the changer. But the screens should be working!

The only other option I see is to either replace headrests or take out the screens and put in another aftermarket system. But first I want to make sure there is no way to get the original system operational.

Post #292888 14th Nov 2014 10:36am
Edfors

Click image to enlarge

I also installed the original load retention system for the boot floor.

Click image to enlarge

Works very well to secure shopping bags and stuff.

Post #293037 14th Nov 2014 8:02pm
ebajema

I understand what you mean, like I said, I also wanted to get the systems working as intended on the 2006 and I did in the end. I would (after checking wiring and cabling and connectors) first do the lens (as you already said) and then the DVD changer itself. Also suggest to check the cabling to the screens although it is unlikely that they are the problem but still sometimes the connectors underneath the seats come out over time (usually undue tension on the cabling after the cabling got stuck).

Good luck with solving it. Finding a new/second hand DVD player wasn't easy I remember but I got lucky that a good one came up and I got it. I hope you don't need to replace it. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #293107 15th Nov 2014 3:03am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Edfors wrote:
I'm in the Airbus, for you flight spotters Wink

I can tell because: -

1) The sidestick.
2) You have nothing to do - the plane flies itself. Laughing

I take it you're a cockpit attendent?

(Very envious by the way - cracking job).

Post #293117 15th Nov 2014 7:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 12 <123 4 ... 101112>