Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Android 4.2.2 from erosion, finished. My experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stuntman

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zambezi Silver
Android 4.2.2 from erosion, finished. My experience

Hi guys, I've asked a lot of questions and got a lot of help so I thought I'd post a few of the issues I've had and how I got around them,

MID - moved to the glove box, the wires do not need extending, just separating from the head unit loom.
Brake wire - this can be left as there is an option in the settings menu to turn off the need to have this on.
HSE - I have an hse model and therefore it is just a plug and play, no need to strip the interior to run cables from the boot.
Aerial - I discovered mine had been hacked around so I need to sort this, but you should just need an ISO to fara converter lead from halfords, generally around £12 but cheaper on eBay.

I still haven't got the tv working but it may be where I live, reception etc.

I will be installing a reversing camera in the next couple of weeks to aid hitching trailers etc, I may also install a couple of amps and redo all the ice.

Hex very kindly emailed me some splash screen but I haven't plugged in the usb extensions, I forgot like an idiot, but I may look at surface mounting a couple of usb female sockets on the centre console to make plugging in accessories and flash drives easier.

Post #307700 24th Jan 2015 7:39pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

I'm hoping to be buying one of these imminently, did you buy yours from a british sender, or from china/HK? ie did you encounter any import duty. it could be a deal breaker, as tax could be a lot, and they withhold it as a ransom etc!
I'm gonna redo my speakers (vogue setup) after I have pre plugged and tapped into existing speakers, so I know im good to use it. then change most of the speakers etc. when it warms up a bit outside etc. and I too will add a usb in console front coin tray etc, plus a 12v charger type too.
did you buy yours locally, or delivered from China?

Post #307742 24th Jan 2015 10:21pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

If you email Crystal at Erisin she will send you one with all the duty paid... takes 3-4 days to arrive from China

If you buy one from the UK supplier it won't have any Sat Nav software... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #307747 24th Jan 2015 10:35pm
Stuntman

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zambezi Silver

Hi chaps, I bought mine from ironhorse, who bought it for a friend from Crystal at Erisin, duty paid.

The nav software, as haylanda states, only comes from China, if you get a uk model you'll have to buy it separately.

I'm not going to go for premium speakers, probably mid range.

Anything will be better than 12 year old eom spec, even the hk ones in the vogues will have seen better days by now.

I'll post up my experience and costs when I figure out what sizes and what types are in where from the factory.

Post #307762 24th Jan 2015 11:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1