Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Anybody any experience of VW Touareg's ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Mustard

England 
Anybody any experience of VW Touareg's ?

My love affair with Range Rovers is coming to end, its time for me to start the process of selling it on.

I'm thinking of getting a VW Touareg V6 TDI Sport and would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has owned, driven, maintained one of these things.

Thanks in advance

Post #307704 24th Jan 2015 6:56pm
chawks

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Alveston Red

Friends has a 13 plate Touareg. Never heard any complaints about it. Been in it a few times and it is very comfortable and pretty rapid. Doesn't quite have the same feel as a FF but I'd have one....also seems to get good owner reviews on Parker's etc.

Post #307817 25th Jan 2015 8:56am
xjsracer44

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

I had one on hire that had noticeably worn tyres with only 6,000 miles on it and was told that they chew tyres. It didn't feel as steady towing as the FF and I came to the conclusion that it was an ok car but it was half the cost of a Range Rover for a reason.

Having said that a friend of mine who changes his car every two years on lease is on his second one having had a Jeep Grand Cherokee in between.

Drive one before committing and not just on a 10 minute test drive Thumbs Up

Post #307836 25th Jan 2015 10:01am
uphilldowndale

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Incomparable.

Had a 3.0 TDV6 Touareg for 3 years. It drives like a car but without the fuel economy! Got it stuck several times- even with reasonable tyres on. For me the worst bit was the boot - just about fitted the dog and his bed - no room for wellies or luggage - we used to have to fill the back seat!. I switched to a Volvo V50 for while that had more boot space!

Now have a 3.6TDV8 FF. Never looked back.

Just my penniworth anyway! 10MY 3.6TDV8 Vogue SE - Stornoway Grey
Stable Mate: 1961 Series II

Post #307838 25th Jan 2015 10:10am
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Both my cousin and aunt and uncle have them leased from new. Never had any complaints or issues. It's in 6th gear at 28mph with no throttle on.

My cousin said he would not have chosen 20 inch alloys had he been in one without them....

My uncle thought long and hard about a new Disco 4, but having had Audis and a Tiguan before decided he would be really annoyed at paying more a month for a car that was likely to be a bit less reliable, even now. I couldn't argue with that to be honest...... 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #307858 25th Jan 2015 12:38pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I had a 5.0 V10 for a couple of days a few year back thought it was a good car did what it needed to do and when you sunk the pedal it threw you into the seats ...

Would I get one ... Yeah ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #307860 25th Jan 2015 12:45pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Its a really big Tiguan really not a direct comparison with a FFRR.

Post #307862 25th Jan 2015 12:55pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

i could have had a nearly new vw/audi for nearly what my 07 RR is costing with added bits but you cant be lord of the manor in a plastic 4x4 Rolling with laughter

Post #307944 25th Jan 2015 7:51pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Why isn't it a comparison Gaz? I understand the VW doesn't have the 4wd system but how many actually use it, it's a full sized 3Litre 4wd?

I have a couple of friends who paid about the same for their 10 and 11 plate 3.0tdi Toerags what I paid for '07 FF...

Sad am feeling like I am bashing FF all the bloody time at present...having a bad patch with a few little jobs that simply don't occur on German cars !!

Have to confess to a 12 plate altitude and a 62 plate A8 Exec both in my ebay watch list... Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #307969 25th Jan 2015 8:55pm
JOKER

Scotland 

It won't matter what person comes on here and asks an opinion about a different marque they will also compare it to a FF .... Instead of running other cars down just express an opinion on the specific car if you have any knowledge of it , we all know what presence and what a full fat can do no need to keep bringing it up all the friggin time 🚘🚘 ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #307974 25th Jan 2015 9:06pm
BrianC

Scotland 

I keep having a think about one… I've heard the 3.0 is the only one to get
The 2.5 is to slow and the 5.0 is to heavy due to the engine and has suspension issues
I like the look of the altitude and not fussed on the 06/07 facelift

Post #307988 25th Jan 2015 9:20pm
Mustard

England 

Interesting views chaps, thanks.

I get the gist that its typically a reliable car, low running costs etc which is what I'm looking for. The bank balance has taken a thrashing since owning a FF and needs some healing time, I cant seem to achieve that whilst owning a FF so its time to find someone else to love it like I did and replace it.

I havnt got the funds to buy a TDV8 and then fix the turbo's if I suffer that fate so Im bowing out of the FFRR ownership whilst the goings good.

I don't do hardcore off roading, nor would I in a FF, so am not reliant on the best 4WD system there is, that being said I do drive into the mountains and need something with 4WD. I like the Altitude Touareg's, they seem to have a lot of the toys my FF has and is looking like a suitable replacement for now.

Ive had plenty of FF presence, feeling like lord of the manor moments & 'you must be loaded owning one of those' comments to last me a few years in which time I may revisit the FF ownership club.

Post #307992 25th Jan 2015 9:36pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

After 3 years of trouble free Audi A8 ownership I can recommend the 3L tdi as an absolute stunner of an engine, it's almost the same unit that goes in the Touareg 3L. I tested a VW too when I bought the Audi, the only thing stopping me was I couldn't find a nice 3L altitude - the 2.5 felt as flat as a fart, the 5L was awesome but about as economic as a supercharged RRS.

It's firmly on my list when a change is due. I do also agree they are a touch small on the boot size, but big enough for me with no dogs and prams now. I also do very little offroading, towing a tintent on a muddy field is about as hardcore as I get !

I did like the Mk1 VW as it was one of the few larger (non LR) products with low range, which I find useful when towing and manouvering Thumbs Up Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #308034 26th Jan 2015 5:43am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

My honest un-bias opinion... A good friend of the family is German & works for VW, was on the design/build team for the tow-rag... He visits 2/3 times a year driving either a New caravelle or tow-rag...

Having driven most models from 2003 to present i think they are like a large Golf in their feel/presence, i guess without soul!

Given the choice, Cayenne all the way for me... After all, its exactly the same car underneath! Whistle Just a bit more (of everything) Thumbs Up

Post #308071 26th Jan 2015 9:45am
BrianC

Scotland 

The cayenne is very ugly (early ones) and the later one is good looking but not very good to drive.
I've drove the turbo(2010)and it's very rough on the road, also the diffs are constantly twitching when you turn a tight corner.

Post #308073 26th Jan 2015 9:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>