Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My old Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CG-SC

2006 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Zambezi Silver
My old Supercharged

As some of you may know, I was unfortunate enough to have had my house broken into and my FFRR 4.2SC stolen last May. It was recovered (thanks to my persistence with Tracker and the Police) but had a fair bit of suspension damage etc that ended up in it being written off.

I had spent so much on that car and got it well sorted so was well Censored ed off......I have been intermittently checking DVLA vehicle check site to try and find out what happened to it - I checked last night and it was MOT'd last week and is now taxed for 6 months so it must be back on the road.

It was a Zambezi silver 4.2SC with sand / jet two tone leather interior, LPG conversion etc so would be easy to identify, I had a private plate on it but it is now back on it's own plate - CU05 UDP.

If anyone sees it let me know please ! I kept the service book for it and I have a mahoosive list of invoices for all the parts etc that I replaced.

I've now got a 2012 X5 40d M Sport that is a great car, but different to the FFRR which I still miss......

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #307986 25th Jan 2015 10:19pm
SKOT

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

Did your Tracker account have a web portal so that you log on and get a live vehicle location ping? Whistle 2006 4.2 SC
2019 Renault Zoe Dynamique Nav

Post #307997 25th Jan 2015 11:10pm
CG-SC

2006 Range Rover Autobiography Supercharged Zambezi Silver

My FFRR had a tracker on it when I bought it - but I didn't subscribe.....thought process being that if it was stolen (very unlikely I thought) then I wouldn't want it back (which tbh I didn't)

However.....when it was stolen, the CID were very interested when I told them it had a tracker fitted but not activated as they were trying to crack the car thefts that have been plaguing central Scotland - they basically knew who was doing it but couldn't prove it so they wanted me to get Tracker to activate the Tracker. I did phone them but they wanted £600 to activate it - no way I was going to pay that as I reckoned it would have been stripped by then.

So....the CID managed to get Tracker to activate it for 30 mins in the interest of cracking the gang and hey presto - the car was located in a public car park with false plates obviously waiting to see if it had an active tracker on it (this was 4 days after it was stolen !)

I guess I ended up being better off that the car was found as I got a better price from the insurance as they could see the condition it was in pre-theft as opposed to 'book value' - I did have to fight hard, but in the end got not too bad a deal - I wouldn't wish that hassle on my worst enemy though - difficult time and it really affected my wife and kids.... Stolen / Gone: 2006MY Supercharged LPG Autobiography - Zambezi Silver with Sand/Jet/Jet Oxford Leather.....

Post #308000 25th Jan 2015 11:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1