Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 2005 Facelift TD6 Vogue high miler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567
Print this entire topic · 
horse86

United States 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

kingpleb wrote:

Ticked over 150000miles this week so 26000miles in my stewardship.

Nice to see you getting high miles out of your FF. Very Happy

Post #309034 29th Jan 2015 4:07pm
clemenz

Austria 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

thanks for the link, but do they look strange when not on? cause its not a real bulb?

Post #309059 29th Jan 2015 5:31pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Cheers Horse!

It would have a good chunk more miles on it now but it was parked up for a while.

Re the bulbs, unless you look very closely you can't see them being different as they are quite small really. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #309061 29th Jan 2015 5:39pm
kingpleb

Well not updated this for a while!

It's currently off the road as some other projects have taken prime time when the mot was coming due and I wanted to sort a squeek that would probably not be an mot fail but rather get it sorted!
So since my last update the following has been done...

- full engine service
- Upgraded to proper iPhone connectivity module to replace Cd changer
- Replaced front discs and pads and freed off and lubed a sticky calipers sliders
- Replaced a rear brake bulb
- Made my own exhaust mounts from 1" box section approx 4" long and now the backbox is back up high and fixed like a good en
- bought all new genuine rear lower arms with bushes
- got upper and lower hub rear bushes both sides
- new drivers side tie rod end
- new eccentric bolts for both sides at rear
- new drivers wheel bearing (hub was off and was only £15 for a NOS genuine one online!)
- new drivers side hand brake cable
- new rear brake shoes, discs, pads
- rear diff oil
- new passenger side front suspension strut
- new goodyear duratracs at the rear (Vreds bought and waiting to go on the front!)
- another full engine service

Currently doing the rear suspension bits with the handbrake cable being the pig at the minute due to heatsjields and rusted bolts and with working in the rain I can only bear 30-60mins at a time at these days on the drive.
She's on 165k currently and I do think occasionally of selling her for a 5.0sc but then I'd never be able to take that offroad and would likely only get half the value of the swap to a 5.0.

I think the gearbox will need a recon in the next year and the TC as well as they sometimes flare a change or feel harsh when engaging but I'll wait till it goes and get it down all at once locally as a single job. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #417176 8th Dec 2016 7:39pm
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Will, don't you ever reach a point where you think more work isn't worth it?

Mine's a bit older than yours (14 years now) and done 230k km's. It's getting quite rusty and almost all the mechanicals have an oil drip underneath them (although none on the garage floor).

It's worth almost nothing here and I'm just eeking out another year or two until it fails an mot for rust, or something big goes.

Who knows, maybe it just keeps on going and I'll never be rid of it. Laughing

Post #417218 9th Dec 2016 12:39am
kingpleb

I do sometimes think that, hence I haven't ever thought about totalling all the invoices I have for it Wink

I do want to do my winter euro/ruskie trip in it in the next few years still and it's great in winter snows and when it's cold, you just can't beat having park heat! That is something I'd have to find or more likely retrofit to a 5.0sc.

Rust isn't too bad under neath, just the sodding rear arch lips as usual and boot lid but it's the second lid it's had in its life Smile

I think if I ever get a quote over £2k for anything it would be bye bye time, but the way prices are going I'll prob be able to buy another for that price lol!

I have seen a high mile sc that's a cat d for £9k and was tempted to grabbit and chuck £5k at it but I'll bide my time and use ten money for a house deposit instead (boring I know!)

The real big thing is that Rover feels like he pet dog that's getting older now, a bit slower and fatter buts still super chuffed when you come home and go out with him and he finds a big mud pit to run into Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #417219 9th Dec 2016 1:09am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Is it worth it? The amount of the bills will exceed what it's worth. But whether to switch to another car means getting a whole bunch of new problems. If new, then you get a warranty, but depreciation will probably be more than repairs. If you like it. Drive it. If not, change it. Fortunately, man maths can be made to go either way. Mr. Green

Post #417448 11th Dec 2016 1:47am
kingpleb

There's the rub, even if I won the euro millions I'd still never buy a brand new vehicle. Even on the best cars depreciation is a pill I wouldn't swallow when it's that big!

A decent 405 is just within reach but only if I want finance like I guess most end up on and to be honest I'd rather spend that money on a mortgage instead Smile
5.0 SC's are within cash purchase Range, specially the £9k one that's been up recently but then as you say, it's often the cadence of better the devil you know, at least I don't have to hopefully go through replacing all the same bushes and bits again Very Happy

I guess I'm just too tight and sentimental to let go of it really as it's seen me through the best and worst of times over the years, and I've even spent a good few nights in it when out and about and many many log days on the road and the only thing I'd really change about it now is getting a pure wool seat cover... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #417459 11th Dec 2016 8:45am
Britishlion

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi Will

Jesus mate, are you still going with the FFRR !! Well i told you, Im back !!!!

Got a L405 coming in March so will be back in a FF

PM me your number mate when you can as i have changed my number

Best

Stefan Thumbs Up

Post #417590 12th Dec 2016 2:17pm
kingpleb

And it has arrived!

To think these are meant to cost nearly £350!!!! Yes I know it works out at £35/year but still....

FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #417631 12th Dec 2016 7:19pm
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

how many miles you done sorry cant seem to work out ive had a td6 from new done 140k and haven't really spent that much apart from servicing and norms allways done at main dealers as well also bought a 405 and will do the same just keeping the td6 as a donkey for work now

Post #417638 12th Dec 2016 8:12pm
kingpleb

It's just about to hit 166k when it has its next mot but it did spend a year off road and for a few years hasn't been the only car used as I have a much older work hack of a car that's also about 5-6x Jesper to run Smile

Mine has been used offroad as well, and before me the owner used it their dogs only in the boot!

The rear rubbers have started squeezing for a while now and then got to the bad stage so decided to do them all bar subframe ones as they are all good. It's only ever towed a 1600kg a few times and a car trailer the same amount, probably less than 1000miles in all.

I think the suspension killer near me is the speed humps and poor roads around here as it's. It the only vehicle I take care of that's suffered drone rubber and droplink bits failing on it over the last few years.

Fitting this should be fun! It's under vacuum at least currently but not looking forward to the top clip! FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #417639 12th Dec 2016 8:23pm
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

cool run it until it dies I will that's why its now a work horse still mint btbhit hasn't cost that much in repairs just servicing all done at main dealers

Post #417640 12th Dec 2016 8:31pm
kingpleb

Main was all main dealers till I got it and then a mix between myself and the indy's. I've halved the service intervals for everything as being a diesel even with synth oil I don't like it being in there that long. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's

Post #417648 12th Dec 2016 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567