Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > 2015 L405 problems starting at 280 miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
Ms. Mdx

United States 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Scotia Grey

Rattle still not fixed. Service has requested that a Field Service Engineer (FSE) come take a look at the RR. It seems the FSE are regional, so not sure what city/state he might be coming from ... they hope he shows up early next week.

We had 2 long conversations with LRNA Customer Support today and it was nothing but frustrating. They have no power or authority to do anything and when we asked to speak to a higher level employee/manager, they told us that they were the highest level and there was no one else to speak to.

Imagine that, LRNA and probably JLR, are run by 2 ladies that pick up the phone in Customer Support Rolling Eyes 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #315359 28th Feb 2015 12:43am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Well the FSE's do seem to know their stuff so hopefully it will be fixed soon...

If JLR WAS run by two ladies it would probably be a better organisation than it is....!!! Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #315369 28th Feb 2015 6:01am
Ms. Mdx

LR Service dealer has now had the 2015 RR for 13 days. I have owned the RR for 38 days now, so I have not had use of my brand new RR for 34.2% of the time.

No news today, so service must still be waiting for the Field Service Engineer to show up and take a look at the RR. 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #315815 3rd Mar 2015 3:33am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

This is turning into a (bad) joke. They better come with some pretty good compensation once they do get it sorted. Say a nice long weekend driving along PCH and they book some really nice B&Bs for you Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #315820 3rd Mar 2015 5:41am
Ms. Mdx

Bad joke indeed!

3/3/15 - 9:35 am
Got a call from LRNA Customer Support and she had me a bit confused about when the Field Service Engineer (FSE) was supposed to arrive at the dealer, since Service had said they were coming 3/2 or 3/3. Turns out service had the wrong date and the FSE will not be able to look at the RR till Friday 3/6 ... service did say they will keep trying other fixes in the meantime ...

14 days without my RR, out of 39 days of ownership, so have not had use for 36% of the time. 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #316002 3rd Mar 2015 7:14pm
ebajema

Holy smoke !! And I bet when the FSE turns up, he/she will have it fixed in less than an hour Wink well I hope so Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #316070 4th Mar 2015 8:07am
campaj1

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear of your troubles, on a separate note not seen those wheels before, they look good but can't see anywhere online?

Post #316129 4th Mar 2015 12:13pm
Ms. Mdx

campaj1, I sent you a PM with wheel details Smile 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #316172 4th Mar 2015 5:56pm
Ms. Mdx

17 days out of 42 without the RR, so I've had no use of my brand new 2015 RR for 41% of the time owned.

Ok, husband has been making some calls this morning. The FSE arrived at the dealer this morning and got to work on the RR. His initial diagnosis is that the noise/rattle is coming through the mid range speaker(?) due to an electrical interference. He has no clue where that interference might be. Sounded like it could be anywhere in the electrical system of the whole RR.

His diagnosis sounds interesting, but I have pretty good hearing and I would have placed a large bet that the noise was mechanical and not from the sound system. He seemed to come to the conclusion pretty quickly, so maybe he has seen this before?

I also drove around with the sound system completely off the last few days I had the RR and that had no effect on the rattle, but that doesn't mean it isn't getting power/input from some other source.

Any thoughts or previous experience with his diagnosis? 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #316654 6th Mar 2015 9:57pm
campaj1

United Kingdom 

Hi Ms Mdx,

The diagnosis certainly isn't implausible; stereos generally speaking can produce strange noises even when off in a car... (know this with the somewhat recalcitrant setup in my classic Mini!)
One interesting test could be to simply remove the stereo fuse completely, if possible, and to then see if there is a difference; although be aware that this could cause temporary issues, as many functions e.g. the indicator noise are artificial in an L405 and work through the system. Either way not what you expect with a new car of this calibre!

As ever, wishing you the best with resolving these problems, A.

Post #316666 7th Mar 2015 12:23am
ebajema

Mmmmm certainly not implausible but not what I expected after listening to the YouTube video. But then my hearing isn't as "crisp" as it was a few decades ago.

It is possible that some sort of electrical problem can act on the speaker circuit. I have (literally and figuratively) heard of that before. If the electromagnetic pulses are strong enough, the speaker can be activated. However what I find a bit strange is that it is only in a certain rev range / speed range and not all the time. In older cars it was quite common that the ignition could cause it but these days with all the fancy electronic noise suppressing / screening etc. that should not happen anymore unless of course there is a faulty component somewhere causing this issue.

I hope that he looks at more than just this as there are more plausible causes in my opinion.

Damn, now I'm itching to dive into the car and find what is causing it. I hate these sort of issues and have enough OCD tendencies to want to sort them out Evil or Very Mad MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #316672 7th Mar 2015 5:37am
Ms. Mdx

20 days out of 45 days of ownership without the RR, so I've had no use of my brand new 2015 RR for 44% of the time owned.

On the US forum many of the new 2015 RR and RRS owners are seeing problems right away. Land Rover is making sure that many of us new and first time owners will never buy another Land Rover. I was at a Gala Fundraising event this Saturday, where a large number of guests could afford a Range Rover, and I made sure to share my story. 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #317125 9th Mar 2015 3:13pm
Ms. Mdx

23 days out of 48 days of ownership without the RR, so I've had no use of my brand new 2015 RR for 48% of the time owned.

Mar 12, 2015 - 8:15 am - LR Service Advisor called and they have the part that was ordered on Monday. Will work on the RR today, testing tomorrow Friday, and hope to have it ready late afternoon. I asked if the FSE that did the diagnosis will be there for the repairs. Service Advisor thought he might be back for the testing tomorrow. 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #317703 12th Mar 2015 3:52pm
ebajema

Fingers and toes crossed on this side of the Pacific Smile. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #317779 13th Mar 2015 1:16am
Ms. Mdx

Final count at 25 days in service out of 50 days of ownership to fix the rattle!

Mar 14, 2015 - 10:15 am - Went to LR Pasadena to test the RR. Had to wait around for 1/2 hour for Head Service Tech to be done with another job. In the mean time our service advisor wasn't there and neither was the Service Manager ... no one with any authority seems to work on the weekends at this location! So no one to talk with us about any compensation for being without the RR for 25 days. Mileage is at 1072, so they did 592 additional miles of test driving while they had the RR ... which was more than the 480 I had driven when I dropped it off.

Took the test drive and we did not hear the rattle at all. They replaced the whole Navi-infotainment screen which is part of the ACM (audio control module). It seems this was the part with a loose connection that produced the rattle/interference through the speaker system. The Head Service Tech said it was one of the harder problems he had dealt with.

The small "details" that make a difference in how you perceive a brand ...
- Once home I noticed that the leather trim that goes around the infotainment screen was not replaced properly. It is not flush, probably not clipped in right. I tried to push the raised side in and it moved but did not catch on anything ... so back to dealer on Monday to have them adjust that. Left a message for service advisor to expect me late Monday morning and I expected it to be adjusted while I waited for a short time.
- They gave us the car back with barely any gasoline/petrol ... the low fuel light went on by the time we got home and we aren't that far away. Very classy!

Kids are off next week, so we'll do some local day trips in the RR and make sure the rattle is really gone. 2015 RR ATB (Scotia Grey w/Cirrus-Ebony)
2014 MB E63 s/AMG
2010 Acura MDX

Post #318072 14th Mar 2015 10:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>