Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Europe > First topic but old problem/question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
delsilencio

France 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
First topic but old problem/question

Does the cars for the us and/or the limited european market (speed limit) have different map fueling/set ups as us germans? I asked because the english warranty doesn´t be valid for the german market.
That forced my thoughts in having other technical problems with the engine than countries with a speed limit and other strain of the engine.
On the other hand, we have very good streets and highways like the Netherlands, so cars in other countries like Belgium, France or Spain will first have other speeds and different suspension conditions. That will/can be a great difference for a car with a normal fighting weight of 2 and a half ton. XJC, RRV8, Series1 86 and 107% of real pleasure

Post #14756 11th Mar 2010 9:21pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

As far as I know there is no market defined fuel map, certainly nothing about it in RAVE.

I don't know if the diesel has a Euro setting and a R.O.W setting as derv quality varies greatly worldwide.

Dan 

Post #14759 11th Mar 2010 9:57pm
roverron

Belgium 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Ipanema Sand
Re: First topic but old problem/question

delsilencio wrote:
Does the cars for the us and/or the limited european market (speed limit) have different map fueling/set ups as us germans? I asked because the english warranty doesn´t be valid for the german market.
That forced my thoughts in having other technical problems with the engine than countries with a speed limit and other strain of the engine.
On the other hand, we have very good streets and highways like the Netherlands, so cars in other countries like Belgium, France or Spain will first have other speeds and different suspension conditions. That will/can be a great difference for a car with a normal fighting weight of 2 and a half ton.

As far as I know there are no speed limits on cars in the EU.
I know for certain you germans have good "autobahns" but considering that due to road qualility Belgium, France or Spain would have other or less settings is some how over.
I drive in all these countrys and only local roads my have a different smootness in driving, in Germany one can drive one some highwys with no speed limit but due to traffic density you can't; in Belgium limit is 120 km/h but offten I fly at 200+

Post #27783 10th Sep 2010 8:45pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

roverron wrote:

2002-2005 limited to 130mph

2006+ Limited to 125mph

Pwned. 

Post #27793 10th Sep 2010 9:28pm
David

Spain 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

roverron wrote:
delsilencio wrote:
On the other hand, we have very good streets and highways like the Netherlands, so cars in other countries like Belgium, France or Spain will first have other speeds and different suspension conditions. That will/can be a great difference for a car with a normal fighting weight of 2 and a half ton.

I know for certain you germans have good "autobahns" but considering that due to road qualility Belgium, France or Spain would have other or less settings is some how over.
I drive in all these countrys and only local roads my have a different smootness in driving, in Germany one can drive one some highwys with no speed limit but due to traffic density you can't; in Belgium limit is 120 km/h but offten I fly at 200+

I kid you not i have an email from Audi somewhere on my PC that states "the 5 yr guarentee on your RS4 does not cover Spain (check this out and i am not joking) as the roads are not as smoth as thouse found in the Uk and Germany""""

WTF !!!!!!

Also FYI here is a msg from Land Rover re the warrenty

Hi John,

Sorry I could not help you further earlier.
I have been given the below email address of the Sales Manager for Spain:-

jsoliva1@jaguarlandrover.com

Please note that irrespective of where you buy a Land Rover, it is covered by global warranty.

Many Thanks
Lisa

Lisa Crookes
Sales Co-ordinator
Land Rover Business Centre

Post #32180 17th Oct 2010 9:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1