Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Someone scratched my door - Blackvue footage not conclusive?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CY

2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green
Someone scratched my door - Blackvue footage not conclusive?

Hi All,

I got back to my car after work this evening and found two silver paint marks on my drivers door Sad I haven't had a chance to see if I can remove the paint and polish out the damage as it's been dark.

My Blackvue camera is permanently live, so I reviewed the footage from today to see if I could identify anyone knocking the door. There is a silver Corsa which owns the space next to mine, and just after it arrives back in the parking space, the owner gets out and there's a slight knocking sound as her door opens.

There is a second video which shows the car driving away on a separate film, but the Blackvue hadn't activated in time to show her getting into the car so I don't know if this is when the knock happened!

I know the scratch wasn't there when I parked this morning, but it's there now and the Blackvue shows that only one car has been parked there today........ I am undecided whether or not I should leave a note saying I noticed some damage to my door... or if I should avoid starting a war with someone I need to park next to every day and hope it was a one-off. The footage isn't exactly conclusive.

Help Big Cry 2002 Range Rover Td6 Vogue

Post #328550 19th May 2015 12:30am
broly

2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

i think she hits your car at 0.04. from the shadows at 0.03 it looks like shes mostly out when you get the thud at 0.04.

i hate that happening to anyone. im so careful around other people cars, couple of years ago i parked my new lexus next to my brother in law car. he didnt know it was my car. opened his door putting his kid in and dinged my door. i came along two seconds later and noticed it straight away and he was like oh is this your car looking 100% guilty still with the door open but not hitting my car. he didnt say a word. i choose to just let it go. i have a private car park with a public park next door and i used to dream about buying a magnetic plastic panel to stick on while parked.

we wont be safe from these menaces until we have cameras on all sides.

Post #328555 19th May 2015 1:28am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Its really quite simple.......

Burn the Corsa Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Whistle Whistle Whistle

Post #328574 19th May 2015 9:30am
JOKER

Scotland 

Park next to her in the morning and do the same back ... Only problem there is that you will knock the corsa on its side Laughing ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #328594 19th May 2015 12:17pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Re: Someone scratched my door - Blackvue footage not conclus

CY wrote:
.....or if I should avoid starting a war with someone I need to park next to every day and hope it was a one-off. The footage isn't exactly conclusive.

If you know who it is & you will be regular neighbours, then I would say something directly to them and be very polite.

A good outcome can be had, but a bad future will be an easy outcome if you don't tread carefully.

Post #328595 19th May 2015 12:30pm
CY

Thanks all.

I wrote a very polite note, saying that I spotted this and just to make them aware in case they hadn't noticed, but that I'd try and ensure I left them plenty of room because it's a narrow space etc...

Just trying to make the point that I'm aware and hopefully they'll be more conscious of their door.

I'll let you know if I get a reply Shocked Shocked 2002 Range Rover Td6 Vogue

Post #328608 19th May 2015 1:44pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I hate people who do that. I went to longleat last year and a chap in a modeo parked next to me, it was a windy day and when he opened his door the wind caught and smacked it into mine. No apology not even a as doc recognition, I was sat in my car!

Being a fairly laid back chap I had a quick look I thought there would be more damage than there was, a small chip, no ding. So I figured I could repair it myself, which I did. But what really irked me was the fact that he did not even acknowledge what he had done!

I personally let the kids out from outside the car and put my hand on the outside edge of my door between my car and the next. Just wish people would do the same! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #328681 19th May 2015 8:51pm
Brian

United Kingdom 

I have a Jaguar XJ8 that I am selling and sent it to the body shop to remove all the parking "dings" and marks it had picked up in it's 16 years - fresh from there and looking rather splendid outside my house my own father left the door of his car open on a windy day and this resulted in a 5mm dent on the very door I had just fixed. Not even an apology and even went so far as to say he could not see anything Rolling Eyes

Suffice to say I was not well pleased. Neutral

Post #328701 20th May 2015 2:09am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

I put really ugly rubber thingies on the doors and I'm "anal" about opening the doors and I also insist on the girls (12 and 5 yo) being very carefull not to bang into other cars doors. They are actually quite good, even the little one.

Unfortunately not everyone is or they don't care or they are just a-holes that think people driving nice cars like us are rich f*ckers that deserve it. To me it just highlights something about their personality and feeling of entitlement, like they have the right to damage other peoples property and basically steal their money (to fix the damage). So to me they are fundamentally thieves, although you'd be hard pressed to ever get them to admit it.

I just hate people like that and hope karma/afterlife/kismet whatever gets them back one day, BIG TIME.

For those who do it purely by accident, I still don't like them but I have to accept that some people are just not "smart" enough to think ahead, drongobrains Smile.

Sorry to hear you have a damaged car, I hope that it rubs out or is easy to fix. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #328712 20th May 2015 8:21am
CY

Thanks all,

I agree it's very frustrating when others don't take care and damage your property. I always take HUGE care to park miles aware in strategically selected parking space. However, in this case, I have an allocated parking space at the office beside the tenant/owner of a residential flat.

I have lifted out some of the silver paint from my door and applied three coats of Autoglym polish which has certainly tidied it up and masked the majority of the damage. Fortunately the panel isn't dented. I'll make a separate post on here to ask tips on how best to remove the remaining scuff marks and silver paint from my (dark green) door.

As an aside, I've started leaving the Range Rover parked in off road height as I thought this may protect the doors slightly - the side steps may then be high enough to catch swinging doors (rather than the door panels). This was a tip I read on the DISCO3 forum. Does anyone else do this when in tight car parks?

Thanks,

Chris 2002 Range Rover Td6 Vogue

Post #328745 20th May 2015 11:56am
Brian

United Kingdom 

Off road height... now there is an idea. Until that is I forget and fall out of it Rolling with laughter

Post #328755 20th May 2015 12:34pm
SKOT

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

I feel your pain. What you really need is one of these. You could also get the protective strip for the door.... Laughing

2006 4.2 SC
2019 Renault Zoe Dynamique Nav

Post #328767 20th May 2015 2:07pm
Andy B

England 

Airbags as well....cool Thumbs Up SDV8 AB MY 2019
SDV8 VSE MY 2015 - Gone
5.0 S/C AB MY 2010 - Gone
4.2 S/C VSE MY 2006 - Gone

Post #328768 20th May 2015 2:28pm
SoggyBottoms

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue Supercharged Zambezi Silver

I hate parking in car parks and really wish the DSS could be locked out when you leave the car

Post #328769 20th May 2015 2:29pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

After years of this i have become an ass when it comes to parking as most dont give a flying flaming turd so any vehicle of mine is reversed or driven front in to a space so that my passenger side is near enough touching the white line and is against their passenger side. This leaves the most space possible on the drivers side but prevents passengers getting in when they have invariably parked on or next to the line as well as more often than not its distracted passengers ive seen ding other cars.

An old fella tried to give me jip about it once from his rough looking ovlov as his mrs couldn't get in. She wasn't bothered at all about it and could see why i took um-bridge with his jip, he had actually parked his whole passenger side tyres into the space i parked in. The only other place i could have parked at the time was on a grass verge or mound.. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #328789 20th May 2015 4:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1