Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > London (UK) To Jammu (India) Roadtrip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
cooldudesunny

United States 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zambezi Silver

Day 10: Munich (Via Neuschwanstein Castle)

Click image to enlarge

Today was going to be a long day on the road. So we got up a little early, quickly got done with our breakfast, packed our bags. It was a bright, sunny day again, so we did a little bit of photo-shoot (off-course) before we could start moving towards Dhanno.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The place we were staying at did not had private parking for the guests, so we had to park Dhanno on the street (it was a safe street thou).

Any human with a heart would cry looking at the plight of this handsome young man but not this lady with the camera … :-/

https://youtu.be/9uE3-4XxDiQ

Getting all the stuff back in the car took some time, and there we were, back on the road towards Germany.

It was a long drive, took us almost 8 hours to reach Neuschwanstein Castle. By the time we reached, the castle was already closed. It was a quiet, deserted town. We started finding a place to park Dhanno as you have to walk to the castle and cars are not allowed.

After consulting a taxi guy, we found a parking area. Parked the car and started walking in the direction of the castle. We were hardly 100 mtrs through when it stuck to both of us that castle is already closed, and it was getting dark and would easily take us 20-30 minutes to reach the castle and we weren’t even sure if we will get a nice view of it from outside.

We looked at each other and unanimously decided to get back in the car and drive to Munich, where Aarti’s friends were waiting for us.

We had hardly moved a half mile when this beautiful view of the castle made us take another stop, photographs had to follow Wink

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

After spending another 3-4 hours on the road we arrived in Munich with warm hearts and roti’s awaiting us Smile

Click image to enlarge

After having a nice gup-shup session over some really good Indian food (nothing beats Indian food), we called it a day and checked into Hotel Angelo.

https://youtu.be/ONaPfSSsUv8

https://youtu.be/pLfAm1Km0Y8

https://youtu.be/LLdfSIdK1xQ Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Roadtrip - London 2 Jammu [Facebook] [Instagram] [Twitter] [Website]

Post #329437 26th May 2015 1:55am
cooldudesunny

Day 11: Czech Republic

Click image to enlarge

After giving our bones much needed rest, we had one of the better breakfasts of our trips here. The hotel staff was kind enough to let us park Dhanno right next to the hotel entrance as the underground parking was not high enough to accommodate our car.

Aarti loved the tea that was served on the breakfast table, and the waitress was amazingly kind, she packed few of those for the trip.

We got all the stuff back in the car and started for Prague. Climate was really nice and warm, what can one ask for when on the road! Smile

It was already noon and Prague was roughly 400 kms away, which meant we would not be able to check out Prague today and will have to do that tomorrow morning.

Road were as clean and clear as you would expect from any country within Europe, enjoying the beautiful scenery along the twisting and turning roads we reached Prague in the evening. Aarti had booked us a nice palace converted hotel, Mamaison Suite Hotel Pachtuv Palace. We picked up necessary stuff and checked in. There was not much light left in the evening, still we came out for a walk and hunting for a nice meal. We decided on having “Thai” cuisine and found a nice restaurant nearby.

To our surprise the owner was from Scotland, we had a good chat with him. The food was good which ended our day in Prague on a high note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKxjPWz5Ghk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9tNXr280w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B8NWD4DDs8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSFJV_EoU8M Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Post #329439 26th May 2015 3:00am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Brilliant guys, please keep going with this. I'm gathering ideas for my big overland journey Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #329446 26th May 2015 7:32am
S1NGH

Kenya 

Awesome. Your winch mount looks dodgy though.
Thumbs Up

Post #330183 31st May 2015 10:04am
CEEGEE

United Kingdom 

What an epic adventure - look forward to the next instalments Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #330253 31st May 2015 3:25pm
cooldudesunny

ebajema wrote:
Brilliant guys, please keep going with this. I'm gathering ideas for my big overland journey Smile

Nice .. What route are you planning?

S1NGH wrote:
Awesome. Your winch mount looks dodgy though.
Thumbs Up

he he .. It wasn't dodgy but as you must have wondered, it was not properly placed. It seems it was first time with the winch for both me and my mechanic :-/

CEEGEE wrote:
What an epic adventure - look forward to the next instalments Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thanks CEEGEE Smile Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Post #330266 31st May 2015 5:17pm
jke11y

Scotland 

Cracking thread and an epic journey; will follow with interest.

Post #330291 31st May 2015 6:53pm
cooldudesunny

Day 12: Prague To Linz, Austria

Click image to enlarge

We woke up a little early as yesterday we arrived in Prague when the sun was going down. The beautiful place it is, it deserved some quality time from us but before that we checked out our hotel which itself was quite mesmerizing Smile

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

We had our breakfast in the hotel, got out stuff in the car, requested the hotel guys to keep an eye on the car as we were going to check out nearby places on foot. Prague is prone to theft (like any major tourist destination is) so be careful where you park your car filled with all kind of stuff!

It was beautiful day with sun shinning bright. We walk to the famous Charles Bridge (14-15 Century) and there were hoards of people (tourist) enjoying the views and performances by local artist. It was more like a festival going on, people smiling and laughing, vendors displaying their stuff to lure in customers. The bridge was indeed beautiful as were the life size sculptures on the bridge walls.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

https://youtu.be/FdUe4OMNT2E

https://youtu.be/-9BJyEwg2sU

We wanted to spend some more time there but it was already afternoon and we wanted to checkout few more things before we exit Prague. Aarti guided me through narrow streets to old town square which did not seem motor-able, there were infinite people walking, eating out, shopping, clicking photos. Although we could not see any sign which suggest not to drive on this street, to be on a safer side i just parked it on the side and sat inside, while Aarti got out to click some pictures of the o this Prague Orloj, which is a 15th Century astronomical clock, third-oldest and the oldest one still working!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

https://youtu.be/-ZmherNmhZo

https://youtu.be/u0JKuj7MOOY

Our next stop was Slovakia, but Aarti remembered that she had one relative in Linz, Austria. It was a detour but we did not want to miss this opportunity to meet them especially after Aarti told me that they own an Indian Cuisine restaurant in Linz .. he he

Our destination Restaurant New “Namastey” India was 250 kms, and i could already feel my tongue dripping thinking about a nice cup of Indian Chai, Daal, Chappati, Tandoori Chicken etc.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Driving within Austria is a beautiful experience, wide and excellent roads, beautiful sceneries, greenery all around, nice fresh air. By the time we reached Linz, it was already dark, we parked our car and walked in the Restaurant. We were warmly greeted by Aarti’s cousin and his business partner. I finally got my hands on to a nice cup a chai after a loooong time, i will let my smile do the talking Very Happy

After we enjoyed a nice Indian meal, we visited Aarti’s cousin’s place to meet the family and then called it a day after reaching our hotel for the night. Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Post #330346 31st May 2015 11:29pm
cooldudesunny

jke11y wrote:
Cracking thread and an epic journey; will follow with interest.

Thanks jke11y Smile Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Post #330349 31st May 2015 11:52pm
cooldudesunny

Day 13: Breakfast in Austria, Lunch in Slovakia & Dinner in Hungary

Click image to enlarge

Linz is a beautiful place, neat and clean as rest of Austria is! We woke up fully charged, plan was to reach Budapest via Bratislava.

But before that there was no way we were going to give Vienna a miss. We finished our breakfast, got ready, checked directions for Schonbrunn palace, Vienna and left.

Vienna seemed quite calm and running at a slow pace, maybe we did not visit the downtown that’s why it seemed like it! Normally, you would like to spend 2-3 days when you are in Vienna but we just had an afternoon and it was well spent.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

We took a U-turn to get back on track from Vienna, weather gods were totally with us as the sky was clear with sun shinning bright. Bratislava was 80 KM away, thanks to butter smooth roads and amazing view, we were in Slovakia in no time. When we enter Bratislava, it seemed like a place outside Europe! The roads, building, shopping complexes seemed to have taken up some beating. We decided to find a nice dining place in downtown and sit down for lunch but the whole feel about the downtown was not very comfortable. We saw a Subway and decided to go in, parked the car in parking area of a shopping mall. The moment we stepped out, we noticed a mysterious looking old fellow trying to scan things inside the car and that was good enough to freak out Aarti Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keg07wIwWrs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jfyjLyaurc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ui_ooUTR6c

I reassured her that he was just looking because we have so many stickers on the car, deep inside he had got me worried as well. Anyways we carried on as mind stops to follow when there is a thunderstorm in your tummy! We finished our lunch, took a round in the downtown area and carried on towards Budapest, it was 200 KM away and evening had started to settle in.

By the time we entered Budapest, it was already 8 PM or something. Budapest’s streets were all lit up and there was something refreshing about the whole city. We navigated through the congested roads to find our hotel, we eventually reached the hotel but the underground parking was not high enough for our car with a roof rack. So, another hour went by looking for a safe place. Surprisingly, private parking seemed like a flourishing business in this city because there was one every 100 Mtrs.!

We checked into the hotel and decided to grab dinner followed by a long walk. Even thou it was a weekday and time close to midnight, there was so much zing in the air around us. Crowds of people on the streets, taking a stroll, dining in roadside restaurants/pubs, sitting and chatting in public parks! We have been to many popular tourist cities but Budapest was different, it seemed more comforting and the moment you start paying for your shopping, you will have your jaw dropped looking at the prices, they are CHEAP!

We so hoped we had a day or two to spare, but we dint! Budapest is just plain WOW, to put it in simple words, Budapest is no underrated. It should have been the preferred destination for people who want to enjoy a mix of architecture, food, drinks, weather, hospitality, services without burning their pockets.

While walking on the crowded roads we ended up getting mesmerized by amazing view of Buda Castle, we weren’t carrying the camera so no shots for you guys, sorry! Smile

After absorbing this view for sometime, we went back to our room and flagged off the snoring championship! Very Happy

The hotel we stayed in was:

Queen’s Court Hotel & Residence
Read Review
Dob Utca 63,
Budapest
1074, HU Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Post #330351 1st Jun 2015 12:10am
cooldudesunny

Day 14: Hungary to Croatia via Slovenia

We woke up to another bright beautiful day, this time it was Budapest. After realizing how cheap it was to have a good time in Budapest, we decided to get our bones the treatment they deserve. You guessed it, massage it was Smile

Aarti found a place nearby our hotel, Queen’s Court Hotel & Residence and we were excited. For an hour of massage each, you will be shocked to know how much we paid, the total came out to be GBP 6.00, and we tipped her another GBP 2.00.

Click image to enlarge

Plan for today was to reach Vinjerac, Croatia via Maribor, Slovenia. A total of 725 Kms, so was going to be a hectic day. We had our breakfast, and after a relaxing back massage we were back on the road.

Click image to enlarge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiLK_eFv070

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lMk5yzKS0

Let me take a moment here and let you guys know that Budapest is an amazing city and will get you more bang for your buck, and if you are looking for a place to have a good vacation, take our work and come to Budapest Smile

Even though Slovenia was not on our route, we wanted to check it out as well. The closest town was Maribor, so we headed towards it. Once at the border, in addition to regular insurance that we had to buy there was an additional permit we had to spend our money on. We reached Maribor post noon and it was a nice little quiet town. We bought some bakery and tea from a local shop. Stayed there for some time, clicked some pictures and started towards Zagreb.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

It was getting dark already, and rain had started to trickle down as well. Even though we were on the coastal road now, because it was dark we could not see the amazing views running with us Sad

We reached Vinjerac a little late in the night, there was no shop open at this time, so we had to eat some fruits and call it a day.

We stayed at:

Tamarix Residency (Review for Tamarix Residency),
Vinjerac, Croatia Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Post #330901 4th Jun 2015 3:35am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

I see that quite a lot of your European routes seem to double back and go east to west I trust you were no looking for the quickest route to India!

Post #330910 4th Jun 2015 7:02am
CEEGEE

United Kingdom 

You seem to be staying in some nice hotels - still enjoying the thread Thumbs Up

Post #330914 4th Jun 2015 7:34am
JOKER

Scotland 

I mostly have a short attention span to long threads , but have to say your thread is really interesting , your description , photos and vids are amazing ....

Must be the best thread on this forum to date .... Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #330917 4th Jun 2015 8:06am
cooldudesunny

Gazellio @ Prestige Cars wrote:
I see that quite a lot of your European routes seem to double back and go east to west I trust you were no looking for the quickest route to India!

he he .. You guessed it Wink. We wanted to make the most while we were at it.

CEEGEE wrote:
You seem to be staying in some nice hotels - still enjoying the thread Thumbs Up

My wife is from Travel, so route and Hotels were her call and last think a wife would think about is how to save money! Very Happy

JOKER wrote:
I mostly have a short attention span to long threads , but have to say your thread is really interesting , your description , photos and vids are amazing ....

Must be the best thread on this forum to date .... Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thank you Joker for your kind words, people like yourself keep us going Smile Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE - The word itself says I M POSSIBLE.

Post #331353 7th Jun 2015 12:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>