Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > classic RR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

There is just something about the Classic that ticks so many boxes for me but I'm not sure what those boxes are!!. You know when you see something you simply admire for its looks and shape, its quirkiness or its practicality etc. Its sometime very difficult to define.

The RRC four me has been a car I have admired since a teenager and I'm guessing the first new ones I really noticed must have been some of the first early to mid 70's ones.

The soft dash is a step too far for me and they simply don't have that (undefinable) look about them. I thoroughly enjoyed the light restoration i completed on my 93 RRC and in hindsight shouldn't have let it go. Same with my first RR - an 89 VSE. Both minters in the end and both missed.

I also think the history of the RRC has a lot to do with it. Most people know a RRC is a 'range rover' without seeing the badge. Its a British as Yorkshire pudding.

I love them but I can't really tell you why. Rolling Eyes 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #335639 2nd Jul 2015 10:37pm
PaulM

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

I also love the classic Range Rover, more so as time goes by but don't know why. 2004 RR 4.4 V8 Autobiography

Post #336717 9th Jul 2015 10:12pm
mogman50

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

A few years ago I quite liked the idea of a very early Range Rover as I thought (and still do) they were a design classic which would never be bettered. Graham Hunt had just such a car so I rang him about it. He was a really nice chap who gave me a detailed description of the car. He then asked me where I was ringing from, and in the nicest possible way told me the car would not be for me. His garage is I think based in Knightsbridge, London and a large number of its customers came from the affluent south or abroad where money seemed to be plentiful. He told me he came from Yorkshire I think originally and described the market his business was aimed at. This did not include me, which did not surprise me as I thought the car was very expensive anyway. I suppose I rang to find out about the car and why it was so expensive. He was very genuine and I appreciated his honesty.

Since then the prices of really original early classics have soared and I am even more unlikely to be able to afford one now. There are still cars out there that have potential to increase in value, as lets face it fewer and fewer people buy a classic for everyday motoring. They are not going to get any cheaper and as the rough ones disappear from the road it will only make those that are left more valuable.

It won't stop me looking for one though. Preferably in green with the lovely plastic seats which by now will be in 1001 pieces. One sold on ebay a few weeks ago for £28k and was a one owner (!) car. A bit of a bargain, even at that price.

One day.....

Paul

Post #336751 10th Jul 2015 8:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12