Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Tesla
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Eirik34

Norway 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Tesla Model S is quite common in Norway - primarily due to the fact that you can buy full electric cars without any VAT and import tax. So in Norway these cars are inexpensive compared with ordinary cars. Importing an L322 is almost impossible due to the import taxes on weight, HP and CO2-emissions...
If Tesla had been powered with a petrol/diesel engine, it would most likely would have cost the double in Norway (after VAT and car/import tax) of what it currently does.

The Model P85D is really a street racer!

Post #358510 24th Nov 2015 3:25pm
markdotreed

United Kingdom 

Bellini wrote:
the residuals.

Bang on.. I've got a mate in fleet leasing and they won't touch them yet. I've got a couple of friends with them but they bought the 'cause they could' not really for the benefit. I'd like one but can't get my head around £85k which is where I species one at...
The build quality isn't up to much either... Regards
Mark

2009 D4; 1993 Classic 3.9 VSE

Post #358511 24th Nov 2015 3:28pm
MrP

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I will seriously be considering one in a year of so (alongside the FF of course) - they have an "SUV" now and in the US they are installing fully automated battery change stations so no waiting to recharge - just swap out the battery and off you go. They have demonstrated three battery replacements in the time it took to fuel a petrol SUV. "On first name terms with my local Dealer......now."

'61 Plate 5.0SC Autobiography - in Black ——— Gone
'53 plate 4.4V8 Vogue Bonatti Grey inside and out. ----- Gone

Post #358512 24th Nov 2015 3:52pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

i saw one of those, at the lights, again, not knowing it was electric, i saw it whizz off, with little, to no-sound, like it was on a piece of super-elastic!
it was sort of scary, as no-one would know its coming!
i work in london, and even without earbuds in i have almost stepped out on many a Prius kerb crawling along.....

he he, those Teslas, should have a 'supercharged' badge on the back, like the FF.
meaning, dont bother, it's just had a 'supercharge'

Just think, one day, London will become like an old dodgems raceway, with a pole sticking up behind each car, sparking off a mesh grid across the tops of lamposts.
whether we have all the round bumpers, will be something to look forward too.

and cue the greased back haired tattooed guy hanging off the back of the pole, rolling a fag, and winking at the ladies

Post #358525 24th Nov 2015 5:41pm
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

It's interesting to see the various comments about leccy cars.

If I had a quid for every time I heard comments like "Yeah, the G-Wizz is a great idea but when only when they make a proper car will I buy one." And then all the negative comments about lack of charging points, lack of range, how it's all just so impractical outside city centres and Christ knows what else.

Here we have a damn fine motor, goes like stink, comfy, well built, decent range and charging points both at home (We all have a 13 amp socket right) and most motorway services, God knows how many street chargers in Cities, EVERYTHING which I've heard objections about and still it's not good enough.

Hmmm, not sure about the residuals. REALLY???? This IS the future. Fossil fuel, even if plentiful right now, still beholds us to the Arabs.

Oh, Lithium batteries are still an unknown thing really. FFS!!!! Been in service for over a decade in so many walks of life. The price of them is only going one way. And check out what Tesla are launching next year - a home battery pack which when combined with half a dozen solar panels will reduce dependency on the grid by about 75% for the average household. Anyone else here have a pathological hatred of the power companies?? Yep, I'll order one of those as well if I can afford it.

The bus is leaving the station and you'll either be on it or under it. Really, this is better than any TV soap. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #358546 24th Nov 2015 7:58pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

I bet all the same stuff was said when the first petrol cars were coming out and racing horses... I bet some members remember them 'good ol days!' Lol FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #358549 24th Nov 2015 8:44pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

stan wrote:
there's a shop selling these in the mall at cribbs causeway ,bristol.

I was in there on Saturday Stan and there were 6 children climbing around the inside with shoes on! Snot dripping on the seats & everything! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post #358552 24th Nov 2015 9:00pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Shocked

the parents probably thought it was the creche craig Laughing ..... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #358566 24th Nov 2015 9:55pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Emperor Mong wrote:
Thinking about one for the wife. She does lots of miles but it is mainly local with a "return to base" at the end of the day.

With the tax benefit, it starts to be very attractive.

The downside is that she will never plug it in. That will be my job. If I fail to do it and the car dies, that will be my fault. Also, if it breaks down, that will be my fault too.

You would need one of those wireless charging loops, and give the Misses her own parking spot............ what can go wrong Shocked Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #358587 24th Nov 2015 11:26pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

mzplcg wrote:
It's interesting to see the various comments about leccy cars.

If I had a quid for every time I heard comments like "Yeah, the G-Wizz is a great idea but when only when they make a proper car will I buy one." And then all the negative comments about lack of charging points, lack of range, how it's all just so impractical outside city centres and Christ knows what else.

Here we have a damn fine motor, goes like stink, comfy, well built, decent range and charging points both at home (We all have a 13 amp socket right) and most motorway services, God knows how many street chargers in Cities, EVERYTHING which I've heard objections about and still it's not good enough.

Hmmm, not sure about the residuals. REALLY???? This IS the future. Fossil fuel, even if plentiful right now, still beholds us to the Arabs.

Oh, Lithium batteries are still an unknown thing really. FFS!!!! Been in service for over a decade in so many walks of life. The price of them is only going one way. And check out what Tesla are launching next year - a home battery pack which when combined with half a dozen solar panels will reduce dependency on the grid by about 75% for the average household. Anyone else here have a pathological hatred of the power companies?? Yep, I'll order one of those as well if I can afford it.

The bus is leaving the station and you'll either be on it or under it. Really, this is better than any TV soap. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

What he said Smile. Been in the O&G industry for my entire working life and the writing has been on the walls for decades now. I mean of course it will run out, whether it is decades or centuries (my bet is on the former) it is in or very close to the end game.

I count myself lucky to be born in this era where we have cars that make noise, smell (I like the smell of petrol) etc. But that era is going to be over quite soon, at least in the "West" with EVs and autonomous rapidly moving in. I can probably retire in the O&G industry (although would switch in a heartbeat if the right opportunity comes along) but I don't expect my kids will, they might see the retirement of the industry or the end of its dominance and playing a minor role for a bit longer.

EV and renewable energy are going mainstream and not a minute too soon.............. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #358593 25th Nov 2015 2:00am
miggit

United Kingdom 

Idea I have a plan.......... fit spoked wheels to the electric car....... then go to the sweety shop and buy 4 ice lolly's, and have a pig out, then attach the lolly sticks in such a way that they lightly rub on the spokes...... worked for me as a kid Mr. Green Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #358626 25th Nov 2015 10:21am
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Would you? Twisted Evil http://www.romansinternational.com/car/1120/tesla-model-s-p85d _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #361584 10th Dec 2015 9:16pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Hell no! Just to jump the queue but then guess people do that for other cars... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #361594 10th Dec 2015 10:00pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

I wouldn't, if dosh was no object then I might consider a Fisker Karma, as you can put real fuel in them Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #361606 10th Dec 2015 11:15pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Scottyav wrote:
Would you? Twisted Evil http://www.romansinternational.com/car/1120/tesla-model-s-p85d

The wheels make it look like a Passat CC Rolling Eyes

Post #361612 10th Dec 2015 11:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>