Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > I'm off.... be good while I'm away... I'M BACK......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Well...

Got back last night, spent the first two weeks looking at boats and quickly decided a Catamaran was a no go... to hard to get in and out of and not a lot of space in the bedrooms, they are better than mono-hulls for getting about on but not much good for this fat, old, cripple...

So it looks like it will be a Motor Yacht, a full displacement "Trawler" type one with a rear cockpit... something like this one..

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1991/Grand...rOcsvkrKCh

We travelled from Cape Canaveral to Fort Myers the first week, stopping at different hotels each night, then rented a boat in a marina for the second week in Fort Lauderdale...

The pick-up we hired was supposed to be a Chevy Silverado but they didn't have any so we ended up with a Nissan Titan 5.6ltr V8 320bhp 540nm.... It was very good at burnouts and really needed it's traction control or you'd just sit still spinning all day long...!!!! We did about 1,700 miles all in all...

It was huge, this is it parked next to a Grand Cherokee... the FF felt small when we got back home...

We were going to spend the last week chilling out down the Keys but the weather was terrible, rainy and windy as a result of the tail end of the front that dumped all that snow on New York etc...

So we did something we've never done before, we went on holiday, whilst on holiday...!!!!

Settled for a week all inclusive in the Carribean, only two hours away by plane from Miami and it was full sun and 29deg every day....

I do like the way the Americans love cars, they all love anything with wheels, they even bling up the electric carts they use at the Airport.... Check out those rims....

So, more research, then sort out a charter on a motor Yacht to check if we really like it.... can't see why we won't though...

And yes, the pick-up was a laugh but I did miss the FF....

Hope you were good...

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #370575 4th Feb 2016 7:26pm
paulmoran2

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Mariana Black

Welcome back Pete...

Do hope that you're not intending to post pics of ya white bits! Laughing GONE 2010 Facelifted 3.6 TDV8 - Stornoway Grey + 22" Overfinch Olympus
HAVE 1999 Discovery 2 GS 4.0 V8 - Silver - Off Road Toy
GONE 2013 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue. Black with Silver roofline and 22" s
HAVE 2015 Jaguar XF.

Post #370578 4th Feb 2016 7:38pm
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

Welcome back Pete. . I like the look of your boat,
but I can't get this image out of my head.

....although I don't know what you look like, I fear you look like Quint!

You new boat.... It looks nice now it's been repaired...

Maybe... Your gonna need a bigger boat!

Post #370617 4th Feb 2016 11:56pm
Haylands

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Great film but from National Geographic Channel.... Sort of puts it into perspective.....

SHARK ATTACK FACTS

93% of shark attacks from 1580 to 2010 worldwide were on males.

In 2010, North American Waters had 42% of all confirmed unprovoked attacks worldwide (32 attacks).

Surfers accounted for 50.8% of all attacks in 2010.

Swimmers and Waders accounted for 38% of all attacks in 2010.

Snorkelers and divers accounted for 8% of all attacks in 2010.

Inflatable rafts/inner tubes accounted for 3% of attacks in 2010.

2010 was the most dangerous year for unprovoked shark attacks in a decade with 79.

Over the last half-century, there have been more unprovoked shark attacks in Florida (27 out of a total 139) between 2-3 pm than any other time of the day.

New Smyrna Beach in Florida is the shark attack capital of the world according to ISAF. It is estimated that anyone who has swam there has been within 10ft of a shark.

September is the month with the most Shark attacks in Florida (93) 1920-2010.

Since 1907 201 out 220 Great White Attacks have occurred when the human was less than 6ft from the surface.

You have a 1 in 63 chance of dying from the flu and a 1 in 3,700,000 chance of being killed by a shark during your lifetime.

Over 17,000 people die from falls each year. That’s a 1 in 218 chance over your lifetime, compared to a 1 in 3,700,000 chance of being killed by a shark.

In 1996, toilets injured 43,000 Americans a year. Sharks injured 13.

1n 1996, buckets and pails injured almost 11,000 Americans. Sharks injured 13.

In 1996, 2600 Americans were injured by room fresheners. Sharks injured 13.

The US averages just 19 shark attacks each year and one shark-attack fatality every two years. Meanwhile, in the coastal U.S. states alone, lightning strikes and kills more than 37 people each year.

Since 1959, Florida has had more shark attacks (603) than lightning fatalities (459).

Since 1959, California has had more shark attacks than lightning fatalities (89/30).

Since 1959, Hawaii has had 97 Shark attacks but no lightning fatalities.

Only 5 people die from shark attacks yearly, while millions of people die from starvation.

For SAEL: Since 1905, Natal (where Durban is) has had 89 shark attacks and 27 fatalities.

For every human killed by a shark, humans kill approximately two million sharks.

Most shark attacks occur less than 100 feet from the shore mainly around popular beaches in North America (especially Florida and Hawaii), Australia, and South Africa.

In 2008 a Polar bear Jaw was found in a Greenland Shark’s stomach.

A whale shark can filter 1.5 million litres (400,000 gallons) of water an hour when feeding. That’s enough to supply 1,000 US homes for a day

I've told SWMBO that we're not having any air fresheners on board, that'll sort it.... Thumbs Up

I do look a bit like Quint.... well lived in but not as much hair....!!! Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold

Post #370623 5th Feb 2016 12:55am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down
Don't listen to them you don't need a bigger boat Laughing
I know the Grand Banks well and the 49 is lovely and big too , I prefer the Europa lay out but it's harder to find and as a 91 build it will be the narrower hull. In fact my father has had two Grand Banks built and I have done a lot of time on them and love the quality of the engineering but it's like everything , you buy on condition and get a good survey. 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #370626 5th Feb 2016 1:38am
Haylands

Cheers, that is just an example of the type of boat we will go for, I too like the build quality of the Grand Banks but we will look at others, got a few things to sort out at home before we go back on a serious hunt.... Thumbs Up Pete

Post #370731 5th Feb 2016 3:10pm
gregdav

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

WOW! PETE.
you certainly went for it.
Well done mate.
nice to see you back. Thumbs Up

Post #370768 5th Feb 2016 6:48pm
Haylands

Cheers Greg

miggit wrote:
Hi ya Buddy, back home to do some 4 wheel sailing? I liked the look of the power plant in that tub that you posted the link for Thumbs Up

It's a 10.4ltr V8 four stroke diesel, this spec is the lowest power output, it also has a forged steel crank, so they should last forever, 240bhp from 10.4 ltrs is just potty..!!!!

It's doesn't have a turbo so no problems there....

As I said this is just an example, even another Grand Banks of the same era may have different engines, depends what the original owner specified... I also like the Defever Yachts, a lot of them have the Detroit diesel 2 stroke V8, reputedly the most reliably diesel engine ever made and it will get you home with half the engine missing..!!! (I don't plan on trying this...!!!)

They also used Lugger, Yanmar, Volvo and a few others... most important thing is getting the prop size and pitch correct for the hull speed of the boat and the output of the engine to ensure good fuel consumption, if you get around 1 mpg (yes, one mile per gallon) your doing well....!!! Pete

Post #370811 6th Feb 2016 12:12am
miggit

United Kingdom 

1 mpg is bad, but as it runs on red there is s saving there, and if you keep it state side it will probably turn out to be economical that your ffrr over here Laughing

That is a seriously lazy engine, should last forever and then some Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #370812 6th Feb 2016 12:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12