Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > 255-55-19 tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey
255-55-19 tyres

In a bit of a quandary as my rear scorps are not long off being fit for the bin and the front ATR's while still having good tread depth are starting to crack up in between blocks so they need to be gone to Sad

Now I have two part worn vreds (7mm+) to go on but am looking for new ones for the front.

Now I can get scorps for £117 fitted or Goodyear Duratracs for £124 fitted.

Wintrac 4 Xtreme are £148 and Xtreme s are £143

The only other tyres I've used on an FF are MTR's or wranglers.

The wranglers are £128 fitted

The car is doing a fair amount of motorway miles at times and whilst not a primary car still gets used often enough and I don't need to rely on it in the winter months when snow hits as I have snow tyres fitted to another car but it does sometimes see the mud(currently the paintwork is under a few layers of it!) but also in winter it's good to know I can hop in it and go pull people out that need help as a car whilst it can get around in snow isn't much cop being 2wd for any recovery work. And yes I have pulled stuff out before, mainly on woodhead pass and some artics on there as well 😂

Anyone got any advice which ones will cover the bases?
Has anyone used he Duratracs on round a lot and in the snow a bit to compare against vreds? FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #379258 24th Mar 2016 9:34pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

I have used Duratracs as my winter tyres 2014/15 and 15/16 (OE Contis for summer). I had MT/Rs before, and Pirelli Scorp Zeros as my summer tyres, but have not tried the Vreds. I like the Duratracs and would happily buy them again. I have had no problems in the snow and they are much better on ice than the MT/Rs, due to more siping and softer compound. On mud I'd say they are almost as good as the MT/Rs, but they are softer, so not as strong as the MT/Rs, though they will be better at coping with potholes etc than ordinary road tyres like the Pirellis. Handling, braking, noise and fuel consumption are all poorer than the Pirellis, but better than the MT/Rs, I'd prefer not to use them all year round due to the blunting of performance and handling, but could live with them if I had to. I would have been less keen to do that with the MT/Rs. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #379371 25th Mar 2016 5:37pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

That's good on the Duratracs as I am worried about them in the cold winter months with snow and ice... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #379373 25th Mar 2016 6:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1