Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Independent Service Lancashire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Testarossa1967

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover HSE Td6 Giverny Green
Independent Service Lancashire

Hi , while doing my 1st oil change i noticed some fluid around the front diff and cross members , i wiped it clean and kept an eye on it .
So today looked again whilst checking that there was no oil leak from my 1st maintenance on the car the fluid was there again , have looked around whilst under and can't seem to locate the source , i am sure its transmission fluid and not oil .I don't mind basic servicing myself , but this is my 1st 4x4 and don't want to damage something through ignorance.

I have seen all i can and need a ramp to really see where its coming from , so can anyone recommend an independent service garage ( i am in Leyland near Preston ) K Motors are 5 mins away and there is one in Preston city centre , has anyone used these and if so which is the one to go for , OR can you recommend someone else locally .
Thanks in advance

Post #384613 30th Apr 2016 2:55pm
Goldy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

I've went to Kmotors for a diagnostic last week.

They needed to wipe the errors and run it again when the error appeared. I went for a 20 minute drive but it didn't re-appear.

So I paid the £30 for the check and they will re run it next time I go up once the error appeared again.

They seemed OK and the diagnostic was half the price of a place in Bury who are fully booked for weeks.

There is a bad review of them on here, were the vehicle had to be recovered to the other place in Preston who sorted the issue very quickly.

Post #384618 30th Apr 2016 3:43pm
Neil E

2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Ive used the other Indy in Preston for the past 7yrs. Highly recommended Noel the head mechanic he is very knowledgable and helpful. As for K I used them first and the service was terrible. They replaced a cv joint and a few days later the grease was all over front wheel. I took it back and they blamed a plastic bag which had caught on the underside. The bag must have got there on the way back to the garage as I'd checked all the underside myself. They refused to fix the issue. I had to kick off before they did it and even then it was begrudgingly done.call 01772 555634 and say Neil Ellis put you on to Noel and he'll sort you out. Smile MY10 3.6 TD V8 Autobiography
635 d cab

55 Vogue se

TVR Cerbera

Post #384812 1st May 2016 9:42pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Although i have always used K-Motors without any problem, apart from a failed MOT due to brake pipe corrosion, I have seen negative comments on here. When I have been there they do seem, knowledgeable, courteous and friendly but I have stopped having my MOTs done by them. I think I'll give ILS in Preston a try as there have been good things said on this forum although I have to say when I rang them about something it felt like I was ringing the Keystone Cops such was their confusion - I can't for the life of me remember why I rang, I just remember the confusion I caused by asking a simple question.

As I say I have heard good things about ILS so I'll give them a try - beware of "a mate of mine was having trouble" type stories first hand experience is the only guide. I often exaggerate simple problems to my mates but obviously not on here where I have no mates Rolling with laughter Geoff

Last edited by supershuttle on 2nd May 2016 9:58am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #384832 2nd May 2016 8:18am
Testarossa1967

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover HSE Td6 Giverny Green

Thanks for the advice , i plan to check the level of the diff this weekend as i am not using the car for work this week , and if it needs looking at i will give the garage recommended a ring .

Post #384842 2nd May 2016 9:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1