Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > My L405 is terminal.......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

Had very similar "customer service" from Farnell Guisley, part of the reason I no longer own a Range Rover, I note they are now opening a brand new £7.5 showroom in Leeds so business is obviously booming for them, sorry should I say sales are booming. 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #392749 23rd Jun 2016 9:42am
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Update 4......

So I phoned JLR customer service yesturday morning first thing. I spoke to a very polite, well trained customer service guy who soon became annoying patronising Rolling Eyes He kept on repeating that there would be a technical reason for the delay etc etc etc. He then said the dealership should have changed the sport on hire for a dealership sport to save them hire costs. When I pointed out I would only swap for an equivalent car to mine he stated JLR only needed to keep me mobile and usually they did not provide JLR cars when using thrifty. I pointed out that if his car was stolen and his insurance company provided him with a bike to "keep him mobile" would he think that was fair. He said that was not a fair comparison. I said I did not say it was but where do you draw the line with fairness, JLR line and mine are obviously not the same and that is my issue. He quickly moved onto another point Rolling Eyes The conversation went around in circles for about 10 minutes by which point I realised it was pointless. I told him they had better be quick as I'm soon to depart the UK for a well deserved summer break and their hire car would be sat in an airport car park for 4 weeks (I may have exaggerated slightly). It was left with him confirming he would investigate what was happening fully and get back to me later that day. He had my email and mobile number. He ended wittering something about Thrifty contacting me to dehire the car but I hung up.

So did I get a phone call back......... Nope, nothing, zilch.

What I did get was a phone call from someone else at JLR customer service to arrange to swap the hire car for a car at the dealership. I said fine so long as it was a FFRR. He typed some buttons and confirmed what I already knew I'd they had none available "it would have to be a sport". I told him to Censored off. Sometimes you just have to cut the bullsh!t Laughing

I have heard nothing at all today.

The icing on the cake is I've damaged the hire car Embarassed , caught it on a wall entering a car park and scrapped the entire passenger rear wheel arch down to the metal Whistle

Mmmm I'm resigned to not getting my car back until after my holidays, in fact if I'm contacted the week leading up to it I probably won't be available to pick it up. To can play at the same game.

I'll worry about the argument over damage later but have checked the lease paperwork I signed which I ensured noted JLR as the "hirer' and I had noted on both copies JLR where fully responsible for insurance. I've not signed anything with JLR other than to give them my driving licence number over the phone so they could check it's valid and convictions ie I have agreed to no excess etc......

Bit gutted I've damaged the hire car but Kama I say Wink

I've owned a Range Rover for less than 4 months, spent good money on a full service with them and so far they are by far the worst prestige customer service I have ever experienced. I should be made to feel a valued customer, that they will and are doing everything in their power to correct and unfortunate failure on their part. I they did that I would not care if it took a month, these things happen. Instead I'm made to feel like they are doing me a favour which is just plain wrong!

Post #392810 23rd Jun 2016 6:49pm
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

This is without doubt utterly appalling. I had experience of a JLR main dealer a few years back on an AUC, they were totally inept and simply shouldn't have been in business, doing anything let alone selling cars. So very sorry to hear that things have not improved one iota in about 8 years.

JLR need to take this issue by the scruff of the neck and sort it. Other so called premium car manufacturers are having similar issues. I suspect a lot of it arises from their rabid desire to be in the fleet market. There's an old saying which has never been truer, you can't have your cake and eat it. Learn JLR, learn!!

It would be nice to have some comment from JLR themselves on this, on this forum! Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #392859 24th Jun 2016 8:11am
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Get a lawyer. Take them on. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #392877 24th Jun 2016 10:28am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Even if JLR are the insurer - you would technically have to tick the 'any accidents in the last 5 years' box when renewing your insurance.....

If it was a JLR car, I'd be less concerned as they would most likely stick it into their own bodyshop, but Thrifty may well make a claim & record you as the driver.

Depending on how bad the damage is, I'd consider cheap repair rather than take the insurance hit

Post #392928 24th Jun 2016 6:07pm
idrawcad

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Alveston Red

Does the dealership have a Facebook page?

I have had great results with other companies in the past if you start pasting complaints there. As its quite public you usually get a very fast response. My Motto: If you are going to have one, have a BIG one!

Post #392936 24th Jun 2016 7:47pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

rar110 wrote:
Get a lawyer. Take them on.

All my cars are on a company fleet policy including my private cars. The premium is that high they stick my private cars on for free so claims history does not affect me.

Post #392948 24th Jun 2016 9:17pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Update....

I missed a call from JLR customer service today who left a message saying my car should be ready for collection next Friday.

I guess they have given up getting the hire car back and I could not be bothered calling them back.

Had great fun on the beach today in the sport, I would not usually get salt water all over the car but may as well make the most of it. My daughter loved it Thumbs Up

I'm just resigned to getting it back next Friday Rolling Eyes

Ps might go down the beach again tomorrow though it may be too busy to go dune drifting again Whistle

Post #392951 24th Jun 2016 9:22pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

This is starting to remind me of the Seinfeld episode with the rental car Whistle

Good luck getting your car back. It should never have been a problem.

Post #393073 26th Jun 2016 1:39am
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Went to the garden Centre today and stocked up on plants, there must be half a bag of compost in the boot Laughing I found out it's a 7 seater so had a play with the buttons to raise and lower the rear seats, great fun and they lift a bag of compost to make them easier to carry out Thumbs Up

And what's with the cream leather already getting stained from my jeans Shocked

I have if you have not already guessed decided that I don't like the sport and hold it in a sort of contempt. I just want my own car back Evil or Very Mad

Ps The boot on the sport just does not cut it without the split tailgate of the FFRR Wink

Post #393158 26th Jun 2016 3:55pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Quote:
without the split tailgate of the FFRR

I thought the L405 all had single piece electric tailgates.....?? 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #393168 26th Jun 2016 4:23pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

L405 is still a split tailgate - the registration plate is on the upper section which isn't great - but its still 2 pieces

It's also electric & remote control Cool so you can open it as you approach the car :thumbs:

Post #393171 26th Jun 2016 4:44pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Jonttt wrote:
Went to the garden Centre today and stocked up on plants, there must be half a bag of compost in the boot Laughing I found out it's a 7 seater so had a play with the buttons to raise and lower the rear seats, great fun and they lift a bag of compost to make them easier to carry out Thumbs Up

And what's with the cream leather already getting stained from my jeans Shocked

I have if you have not already guessed decided that I don't like the sport and hold it in a sort of contempt. I just want my own car back Evil or Very Mad

Ps The boot on the sport just does not cut it without the split tailgate of the FFRR Wink

You need to write a book, Why Not to Buy Ex-rental Cars. Mr. Green

Post #393197 26th Jun 2016 7:51pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

He needs to worry about Karma ( Carma ) Laughing Very Happy 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #393199 26th Jun 2016 8:34pm
Jonttt

United Kingdom 

Embarassed

I know, I had a word with the car today and apologized. I drove it carefully today with dynamic mode on for only 150 miles Rolling with laughter

The fuel consumption is crap in these, OK I know I'm not the gentlest of drivers but I've been getting 28MPG out to the FFRR and only 24 out of the sport Rolling Eyes

I almost lost it on one of my favorite right handlers, you know the type, long sweeping motorway approach road where when the road is empty you can get a great reward for getting the apex spot on and hitting the motorway with lots of momentum, was slightly damp but was virtually no warning / feel when it started to break away Shocked OK I should not have driven it like a sports car but it does pretend to be one in lots of ways and really reminded me it is not. I have taken that bend much faster, in wetter conditions and with no fear of losing it in my Porsche Rolling Eyes

Post #393289 27th Jun 2016 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>