Print this entire topic · 
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Tip-Top program though!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #384296 28th Apr 2016 2:55pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

chefkenmore wrote:
We've only been caravaning for 5 mins! And nothing on the programme relates to what we do!!
What a very poor insight into caravaning ......................

3 minutes longer than all the contestants then Rolling Eyes Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #384299 28th Apr 2016 3:03pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I wholehearted agree that the programme was pants.

As a club member I feel I should write to them and question their selection process? We stay on club sites a great number of times and though the programme may reflect what happens on their rally events (dunno never been and don't plan to) it is far from the norm on site. We tend to find there a great number of families on the sites, kids out, bbqs burning away (excl when Censored down) and a better cross section of the club would have been better to watch, more enjoyable and probably More chaotic which in turn would have made better telly. Yes there are a load of old Codgers in the membership roll but here are also a lot of younger (and I count my 40 years as younger) folks as well.

As for the judges, ok so he was the head man, but really come on folks, a TV programme like that needs a presenter, someone with Tv presence to jolly it along a bit. Again would have made for better telly!

Was funny when he ripped the back end off his van tho. Saw that coming a mile off. Rolling with laughter There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #384300 28th Apr 2016 3:24pm
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

@northernmonkeyjones

(cant quote it for some reason)

Quote "Was funny when he ripped the back end off his van tho. Saw that coming a mile off. Rolling with laughter "

Shame he didn't then!!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #384303 28th Apr 2016 3:36pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

northernmonkeyjones wrote:
I wholehearted agree that the programme was pants.

As a club member I feel I should write to them and question their selection process? We stay on club sites a great number of times and though the programme may reflect what happens on their rally events (dunno never been and don't plan to) it is far from the norm on site. We tend to find there a great number of families on the sites, kids out, bbqs burning away (excl when Censored down) and a better cross section of the club would have been better to watch, more enjoyable and probably More chaotic which in turn would have made better telly. Yes there are a load of old Codgers in the membership roll but here are also a lot of younger (and I count my 40 years as younger) folks as well.

As for the judges, ok so he was the head man, but really come on folks, a TV programme like that needs a presenter, someone with Tv presence to jolly it along a bit. Again would have made for better telly!

Was funny when he ripped the back end off his van tho. Saw that coming a mile off. Rolling with laughter

...in stark contrast we don't really use the sites or CL's but we rally a lot and it's not like that on a rally either, in fact I can't imagine where they dragged those people from - last time I was on a site it was full of couples but we were on an overnight heading for a ferry so it didn't matter. We are away with 35-45 yr olds whose kids range from 2-19 and so what they represented isn't factual. Most annoying for me was the CC had every opportunity to make this good viewing and it just wasn't. They have done more harm than good.

Even James May made train spotting cool...I can't help but think a proper TV presenter would have delivered it so much better. Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #384307 28th Apr 2016 4:02pm
blackstoun

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
just to end this thread

Yes the programme was total pants
No I don't know where they dragged the contestants from
Yes it will put people off caravans and motorhomes for a generation
Yes the CC should be ashamed
But
The motorhomers only came second
So in addition to the above, it was still a fix

Post #386045 9th May 2016 9:34am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Had to be a fix. And was based on a set of criteria which don't really figure in our world of caravanning. It's no wonder the CC is seen as being out of touch and stuffy.

I was astonished how badly the women fared in the driving and it was hardly fair to base it on reversing either. I *know* that if I got sick whilst away the Mrs could and would get us home which is a rather more practical test than a blind side reverse in a barn. I expect all those ladies could have done the same if circumstances dictated.

Oh, and Mrs MZPLCG doesn't need to wear mini skirts and thigh boots to win the cooking part either. She's a total ledge in the culinary department. Filet Mignon, rare, with wild mushrooms and a decent bottle of Bordeaux and as good as any restaurant. Standard stuff for her to cook in the caravan. Thumbs Up

Post #386050 9th May 2016 9:54am
IanV8

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Just back from a weekend with Grenville, the Chairman, and Rodney, head of CC events, and they are very happy with the response from the industry and members.

The whole thing was a tongue in cheek fun show.

Grenville now has a new van.

Ian

Post #386166 10th May 2016 6:58am
blackstoun

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Just noticed this addendum to the post from Ian
If what he says about the CC officials then I won't bother paying my membership next year
Along with quite a few others I suspect, putting on a tongue in cheek effort is one thing
But ignoring the overwhelming body of opinion (to the detriment of the organisation they run) is another

Post #397014 21st Jul 2016 4:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12