Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Clarksons Top Ten Cars of 2015/16
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver
Clarksons Top Ten Cars of 2015/16

Today, Clarkson penned an article on Driving.co.uk that explains his top ten favorite cars from 2015 and 2016. The list is quite varied, including Italian supercars and even a European van. Below is the list of the cars which he found most impressive over the past two years and his thoughts on the cars from his article.

Mazda MX-5 2.0 Sport Recaro: “It’s a cure for depression, this car, it really is. You just can’t be in a bad mood when you’re driving it.”
Alfa Romeo 4C coupé: “I’ve never driven any mainstream road car that generated quite such an outpouring of affection as the Alfa Romeo 4C.”
Mercedes-AMG GT S: ” This is a modern-day muscle car. It’s Merc’s Mustang. You sense this when you drive it. It feels raw.”
Ford Focus RS: “Even at James May speeds, on a roundabout in Hounslow, this car feels cleverer than is normal. It feels like a Nissan GT-R.”
Ford Mustang Fastback 5.0 V8 GT: “What it is, is a muscle car. And you sense that in the second yard. This is a machine that wants to turn its tyres into smoke and go round every corner sideways.” Whistle Very Happy
Volvo XC90 D5 AWD: “It’s so soothing, you could nod off. And you’d be fine, because it’d wake you up if anything was wrong.”
Vauxhall Zafira Tourer 1.6 CDTi Tech Line: “Never have I encountered any car, including the Rolls-Royce Phantom, that’s so good at refusing to transmit road irregularities into the cabin.”
BMW M2: “It’s so good that in a few bends I was actually dribbling with joy.”
Ferrari 488 GTB: “As a driving machine, it’s — there’s no other word — perfect.”
Lamborghini Aventador: “Given the choice of any supercar, this is the one I’d buy. I admire the McLaren P1. But which would you rather have as a pet: a clever and sophisticated electronic robot? Or a bloody great brontosaurus?”

Post #401987 25th Aug 2016 7:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1