Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Bentley vs Range Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Saw one in the flesh in Bristol recently and looks a lot better in real life than pics. However the huge chrome wheels and bling made it unlikely to ever perform off-road.

Am thinking of what reaction it would get turning up in one to a shoot (that's bird related not drug related 😎😉) - think the FFRR would be more acceptable.

Having had an outing in a W12 Bentley GTC, its performance and road-holding was mind-blowing! Is this the same floorpan?

Post #402229 27th Aug 2016 2:07pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I believe it is on the Audi Q7 floorpan.

Post #402248 27th Aug 2016 4:49pm
neo

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Santorini Black

And the Cayenne I believe.... as part of the group application of the MQB platform.

I thought the review was about right, I think Bentley has shown LR that they must improve on interior quality, fit & finish. But not spoil what they've got just improve it and make it more commensurate with the price tag.

Bentley set out to make a 200MPH 4x4, like a Bentley and whilst they are just shy of the top speed I think they have done well with the rest of it.

But I don't want LR to compete on outright on-road, that's not what the Rangie is about for me. And I don't consider the cayenne direct competition either, the SVR can sort that pretender to the crown.

For me and what I read on here, and I fear I have for JLR, as the press more upmarket and for a wealthier more consumer demographic - can the after sales and service deliver.

I doubt if Bentley would offer you a Tiguan or a Q5 as loaner whilst you have work done as planned or unplanned maintenance....

At that price point they will be measured by Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and the currently I see nothing at dealership level that shows they can compete.

Post #402262 27th Aug 2016 8:43pm
Swithins

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

My neighbour when he moved in 2 years ago was working with Porchea and occasionally got to take a cayenne home, he then left for BMW and normally took an x5. He recently moved to Land Rover and I asked what he thought. "Class of its own" he said. He added that he felt for the first time that he'd made it driving around in the Range. Have never driven the others but know owners of them. As to the Bentley i feel the same as I do with the Porsche, the male driver wanted a 911turbo or the Bently sports, his wife wanted kids, won, then told him he could have a 4x4. If you want sportiness buy a sports car, surely if your spending that kind of money on a car you can afford another to give you the tru sports buzz. As you can see not a fan of the Bentley or any other fashionably late pretenders. Current:
1999 SL500
2006 Mini One Chrome wrapped
2008 FFRR 4.2sc

Post #402267 27th Aug 2016 9:24pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I think what put me off , apart from the look, is that in the video you see that you sit a lot lower in the Bentley more car like which is whats
special about the RR the high seats and feel good factor that brings.
Must admit i hate those four pipe hanging out the back of the SV over finch do a far better job of the rear. Saying that as Basil said the standard AB SC would be my choice or even the SDV8 and save £100k as most of the Bentleys are specced to £200k.

Post #402302 28th Aug 2016 9:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12