Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Thinking about an L405
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dexter

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Waitomo Grey
Thinking about an L405

I've seen a 65 Plate (Jan 2016) 4.4 AB at a dealer, fully loaded spec, heads up display, massage seats, steps etc....v nice, but price looks top heavy at just under £90K for a car they had a while - its a demonstrator with under 2k on the clock. It's been a while since I bought my 08 vogue and I'm not sure how much I can push on this one.
Maybe I need to offload my Vogue (71K) rather than PX maybe the better deal that way? Any thoughts.

cheers guys

Post #403434 5th Sep 2016 3:28pm
Charlyfarly

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Sounds a good price to me. If it ain't broken, fix it till it is.

Post #403439 5th Sep 2016 3:40pm
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Me too. That is a £105-110k car new.

The only leverage you might have is that MY17 are coming down the line for Nov and they have had the rush on 66 plates so it might sit for a while more.

Post #403443 5th Sep 2016 3:56pm
Dexter

maybe I just have to take a deep breath and jump in there? Try and move the vogue beforehand though. Its still a scary amount of cash.
I have to say though if its as good to me as the vogue I'll be happy, of course minus the two alternators and new battery she needed a couple of winters ago. Laughing

Post #403449 5th Sep 2016 4:21pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
Re: Thinking about an L405

Dexter wrote:
I've seen a 65 Plate (Jan 2016) 4.4 AB at a dealer, fully loaded spec, heads up display, massage seats, steps etc....v nice, but price looks top heavy at just under £90K for a car they had a while - its a demonstrator with under 2k on the clock. It's been a while since I bought my 08 vogue and I'm not sure how much I can push on this one.
Maybe I need to offload my Vogue (71K) rather than PX maybe the better deal that way? Any thoughts.

cheers guys

It's a case of horse for courses and that blue car looks lovely but just to give a slightly different perspective on the LR site is a 2015 (65) Reg 4.4 AB, albeit pretty standard car with under 4K miles and its priced a little under £77k. Now that's a car that's at most three or four months older, similar low miles and has a trade value only two and a half grand less than the 90 grand car but there's £13k between them and it's with the same dealer network.

Post #403554 5th Sep 2016 10:49pm
Dexter

OMG that's a massive difference😲 think I'm going to visit my local stealer and see what they've got

Post #403575 6th Sep 2016 7:40am
Basilfawlty

Probably worth doing so. The thing is in two years time and given similar mileages the £90K (2016 65) car will likely be worth £1000 more than the 2015 65 plate car, even with the extras. It certainly makes it more desirable to a private sale but how many of us sell our RR privately and to a dealer extras hardly ever result in any significantly increased offer. to give yourself a good idea whether you are getting a good deal go to any one of the big franchises web sites and put in the reg of the car you are interested in buying and see what they'd offer you for it. If it's more than £5-£7K they are probably chancing their arm a bit too much. In the Blue cars case (Hunters) say in excellent condition they'd give £76,615, whereas the other I mentioned to you they'd give (for an excellent condition) £75,240. Just £1,385 difference not the £13,000 difference in the asking prices. And if you don't like the Silver 65 plate there are plenty others similarly priced.

One last point on kit in a car; I'd be the first to say that I'd rather have it than not but that doesn't necessarily follow that I'd be happy to pay a lot extra for the privilege. Personally I like side steps as they just make it much easier to get in and out but as for the Meridian Signature I've had that and the only discernible difference to me is that I can play the 1700 watt system on a lower number than the standard system but then I probably have a tin ear. Thumbs Up

Post #403613 6th Sep 2016 10:59am
Dexter

Sounds like you're the sort of bloke that knows a good deal when he sees one and a useful person to know, also sounds like I need to smell the coffee a bit Shocked
thank goodness for the forum

Post #403634 6th Sep 2016 12:27pm
Basilfawlty

We all want different things tbh and for me I like a great car and a cracking deal and that's why I've had 3 L405's in the last 20 months or so. Like you, my first L405 was an AB and it was lovely but with my second I really tried to think what I wanted and needed in my new car and gave the VSE a try fully thinking that I'd be back to AB the next time but I surprised myself. The only daft thing I missed from the standard AB was the winged headrests. For me the cameras on the AB were a novelty that I only switched on when bored (I don't off road)the massage seats again were a bit gimmicky and the parking heater, whilst useful got used a couple of times in the year I had the AB. The blind spot monitor is useful but mine as lots of VSE have this fitted as an extra. There are other things too but none of these were particularly important to me. My third L405 because of all of this is another VSE. All have been the 3.0tdi. Not because of mpg or tax reasons but because it honestly gets down the road every bit as well as a 4.4 V8 L322 but is so much more refined than the the V8 and because it feels very luxurious and does everything that I want and fortunately I specced one with those winged headrest

I changed last month because the deal was too good not to do so but that was only after standing firm on part ex prices too because his offer went up by over £4,000 on mine during the course of just 6 hours from his starting point after I'd told him that his car wasn't cheap if his part ex price was way too low. I just like to know what both cars are worth before I negotiate a deal as ultimately that's the only numbers you need to know because it's the ones the dealers will be keeping in mind. Thumbs Up

Post #403641 6th Sep 2016 1:16pm
Dexter

I've pm'd you

Post #403642 6th Sep 2016 1:24pm
Basilfawlty

I've replied

Post #403670 6th Sep 2016 3:20pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Just buy it - you know you want it Twisted Evil All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #403680 6th Sep 2016 4:02pm
Dexter

Going to check out a 3.0L as soon as, so I can compare.
Dealers have some incentives on my16.5, discount and deposit contributions up to £4k they say. MY17 for December with a new touch screen info system and a £1k price hike.

Post #403759 6th Sep 2016 10:33pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 1