Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 43 <123 45 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

I don't know what on earth is going on with my Range Rover, but one minute it is driving fine, the next I get limp mode. 90 miles covered without a hint of limp mode and me driving like Miss Daisy, then bam, Limp mode, then 40 miles so far of no limp mode Rolling Eyes Looks like my L322 is as temperamental is me Laughing Sadly Range Dog is just as temperamental with me Shocked

All the same, I am still smitten with both my Range Rovers and over the weekend, upgrades and fault finding was done on both. But concentrating on just the L322, this is what is going on.

I fitted new wing vents, clear wing indicators and LED reverse light bulbs and a pair of new D2S bulbs were fitted.

Changing the wing vents was an absolute pig to do and not easy like a couple of videos I say made it look. Needless to say my drivers door gained a 2mm long light scratch Rolling Eyes

The passenger wing indicator literally was hanging out as it turns out the clip was broken.

The drivers headlight internals are not fixed into position and dangle freely inside, so I guess I need a new headlight.

Rear LED 3rd brake light does not fully illuminate Crying or Very sad

The 3rd brake light will have to wait.

It seems to be losing a tiny amount of coolant.

The screenwash level sensor is knackered as I filled the screenwash up which barely took any and the car is still saying there is low fluid lol.

The reverse LED lights are a mild improvement but I feel the only way to really resolve the issue is to somehow retrofit a reverse camera to the existing stereo system.

My drivers rear tyre keeps losing pressure.

Post #406417 26th Sep 2016 12:32am
green-oval-nut

It's official, I have a coolant loss problem somewhere!

It is using 1 expansion bottles worth of coolant for every 20 miles approximately, I have checked the obvious coolant pipes that I can see myself and cannot see any crystallization around any parts of the pipes that I could see, but I cannot see all of them my self. So I have asked the garage who are looking after it for me to do a coolant pressure test for me on Friday. So this little baby is now barely being used. It can sit and cry over the weekend while I am at the London 2 Brighton event in my other Range Rover.

So my other half will be keeping an eye on my Range Rover while I am away.

Also my darling pyscho neighbour tried to stab the passenger side tyres, so the police are promising to take preventative action asap, so hoping that by the time I get back, that they will have installed CCTV camera's covering the cars.
This same neighbour has been terrorising me and vandalising my cars for over a year.

Post #406722 27th Sep 2016 11:10pm
green-oval-nut

Today, my other Range Rover was meant to be going to the garage to have a coolant leak fixed, but fortunately the recovery company who came out were able to fix it at the side of the road, so I dropped the L322 off, with Air Suspension dropping to bump stops over night, coolant leak somewhere, faulty tyre valve I believe on a non stabbed tyre, and to have an engine flush and oil change. I get it back tomorrow, not that I need it as I am going away for the weekend in the other Range Rover to the L2B run, leaving my other half to guard my L322 and look after the dogs while I am away.

Post #407026 29th Sep 2016 8:05pm
green-oval-nut

Popped into the garage today where my L322 is as I was out shopping in my P38, I stopped in as my P38 had developed a fault. Found out that my L322 doesn't seem to have a coolant leak, but it may have been an air lock, (I wonder if that was why my gearbox was going into limp mode?!) and also that 1 of the 3 bolts holding my air spring on the front passenger side was just spinning in the hole, so has been bodged on by the previous owner. I am just waiting for my other half to get home with very late lunch for me, then heading out to pick the L322 up. Feeling nervous as my other half is going to have to drive my L322.

I am going to miss the quiet and smooth engine of the L322 over the weekend while I am driving my in your face loud P38 lol.

I can't wait to pick the L322 up tonight.

Post #407168 30th Sep 2016 3:37pm
green-oval-nut

I made it to the garage in time, but it wasn't ready Sad but on the plus side, it means the Range Rover is in secure storage while I am away.

Post #407189 30th Sep 2016 7:37pm
green-oval-nut

Fingers crossed that the gearbox woes are over, at least for a while I hope. First 70 miles today, driving like miss daisy with the occasional slightly higher revs to move slightly quicker which used to put my car into trans fail safe and it didn't today. So on the way back from picking up our Mondeo, I unfortunately ended up behind the the Mondeo and my other half kept smoking me out with black smoke going up hills etc... This annoyed me hugely, so without hesitation, and for the first time since owning this beast, The pedal hit the floor and I only intended on overtaking 1 car, but the revs went over 5000 RPM and the car literally launched passed everyone meaning I had to quickly take my foot off the accelerator afterwards as I was going from a 60 to a 30 lol. I immediately started panicking as I though it was going to go into trans fail safe at any moment, and it didn't. It was good as gold getting home.

I just need to get a downpipe and a front drivers side height sensor and a passenger seat load sensor and a drivers side headlight asap now.

Post #407984 6th Oct 2016 5:15pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Top job... they need a monthly at least, "Drive it like you stole it" just to keep everything working well, get it nice and warm and then use the top part of the rev range for a while.... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #407999 6th Oct 2016 7:05pm
green-oval-nut

New problem, new symptoms, Starting yesterday evening, The car had been sat for a few hours and had driven smoothly and quietly apart from going into Trans fail safe again, but mostly behaved all day. Now going over bumps I can here a knocking sound coming from the front I think left hand side and I can feel it through the steering wheel. And in addition to that, I did a parallel park and as I full locked the steering to the right, the front left hand side was making an extremely loud clicking/banging noise which I could feel through the steering wheel. Then I drove a mile down the road and it was knocking over the bumps and when I did another parallel park, there was no untoward noises like before. I know that the suspension air bag is only secured with 2 bolts at the top but this has not caused be a problem before now. Also it sounds like something is vibrating against the underside of the car when it is idling which started the same time as the knocking over bumps did. But the exhaust isn't any louder than before. So not sure what to think at this point. Any ideas?

Post #408555 9th Oct 2016 8:44pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

green-oval-nut wrote:
Any ideas?

With the luck your having.... sell it and buy a Toyota.... Bow down Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #408561 9th Oct 2016 9:44pm
green-oval-nut

Toyota's are nothing but trouble, I had a brand new Landcruiser in August last year as a hire car, I was the first ever driver, I had it for about a month, within a week the electrics were going wrong, within 2 weeks the gearbox was failing badly and within 3 weeks it became barely usable and on the 4th week I handed the POS back. My Mum has a Toyota Avensis, that has been nothing but trouble, had to have a brand new engine despite being well looked after only by main dealers and was very low mileaged. And despite the clutch being replaced at the same time, it already needs replacing and hasn't even covered 15000 miles since it was changed and it is only used to drive to and from her work. Nothing heavy duty. I wouldn't touch Toyota, Nissan, Renault, Peugeot, Fiat or Citroen with a barge pole.

I do wish that manufacturers hadn't added all these stupid electronics.

I am not in the right frame of mind to make any decisions about cars at the moment anyway as I received bad news on Saturday, as my psychotic neighbour has managed to convince the housing association I am with that he is the victim of verbal abuse and harassment from me, when in fact I have not harassed him at all let alone spoken to him. So have received a section 21 notice, so got that to appeal on top of multiple hospital appointments this week which are in London and on the South Coast. And needless to say, neither Range Rover will be the chariots being used for the long distance appointments as I am having to go in our reliable runaround.

I have put this one up for sale, but I am in 2 minds about the sale at the moment. Both my Range Rovers need a gearbox, but this one needs more work than my P38.

To be honest, I have lost joy in everything at the moment. Cars used to be my biggest passion, but I really just don't have any life or passion for anything in me at the moment.

I don't feel that I can begin to enjoy my cars because they are always being tampered with, I cannot relax in my own home as I am being terrorised by my neighbour, and with a bunch of idiots for a police force and a bunch gullible idiots running the housing association, I have no hope for a better future.

Right now, seriously looking at options to move back to the private rental market and looking at moving up north.

Only huge downside to that is, my otherhalf will have to live with our parents until a job comes up local to where we get a place and that will mean I will be on my own 5 days a week which will be very hard. But Sussex is the biggest hell hole with the biggest idiots for police on this planet.

Post #408579 9th Oct 2016 11:20pm
green-oval-nut

The more I drive the Range Rover, the less I want to get rid of it! A majority of the time it is driving fine, but sometimes it has bad days where it keeps going into limp mode with the gearbox. I am getting on average 20.1mpg at the moment which I am happy with. But I really need to solve the cigarette lighter socket fault out. I have tried all of them in the car now and none of them are working. So I guess the first port of call will be check the fuses in the boot. I will do this at the weekend. Right now, I am remembering to charge my phone up before I go anywhere in the Range Rover and only need it for meetings in the nearby towns as I am now using another vehicle which I hate using as it is my Mum's for the long grueling drive into central London. I am hoping that I will have enough money before my next hospital appointment in London to get the gearbox replaced so that I can go in comfort and in my own car. Right now, I wouldn't take either Range Rover more than 50 miles away at the most.

Issue with neighbour still ongoing and was supposed to be interviewed by the BBC today but the call we were waiting for didn't happen. Hopefully will be on the BBC news exposing the housing association and the local police team for what they are and what they have done and failed to do.

Still facing the prospect of possibly being homeless in about 4 weeks. Had to involve solicitors and other organisations and this is already proving to be expensive. In fact the legal bill is already set to be tripple what a gearbox for my Range Rover will cost. I really need a holiday! But can't afford one.

I am beginning to understand why people turn to drink and drugs now, not that I ever will or condone it, but understand that the drugs and alcohol allow them to mentally escape and forget the reality of the horrific lives that they live.

It has got the point with me, that the other day, I got to a ridiculously high speed, I saw some big tree's on a sharp corner and was seriously contemplating just going in a straight line at full speed. Even gone as far as making sure that my possessions together would be worth enough to cover the costs of a basic funeral. For me, getting up is now the biggest emotional struggle ever. A lot of the time, All I can think is, what is the point in all this. Living a life where I am constantly being terrorised, cars constantly being vandalised or interfered with, police and housing association petrified of dealing with the next door neighbour as he has paranoid schizophrenia from abusing drugs, and as I am only on a starter tenancy I am the easy target. I even considered planting my other Range Rover through my neighbours front window. I wouldn't actually do it, but there just seems to be no end to the situation, and moving isn't an option. The property I am in has been specially adapted for my disabilities and why should I be the one that has to go.

It is a sad day when you have to record yourself coming in and out of your own property to disprove allegations, and a sad day when the police are too lazy to act. Already told Sussex police that I have thought of the best money saving idea ever for them. Forget police uniforms, just wear clown suits, exactly what they all are, Clowns who don't have a clue.

Venting over.

Post #409162 13th Oct 2016 3:15pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Mate, when you start debating whether to steer and/or brake for trees, there's a problem. Please call the samaritans or see your gp. Now. There's no shame in it. They can help. You wouldn't just keep walking on a broken leg, would you? It's exactly the same. Please.

Post #409226 14th Oct 2016 12:25am
green-oval-nut

Already been talking to a couple of people including the doctors. I will muddle along for now.

Post #409308 14th Oct 2016 3:24pm
green-oval-nut

Had a car day on Saturday, mostly revolving around the other Range Rover but managed to start one job on this one. The cigarette lighter sockets aren't working. And finally got round to checking the fuses. And low and behold, the fuse for the sockets was blown. I will be replacing that fuse on Sunday, however, I am concerned at the fact it was blown, and worried that there might be a reason as to why it blew that I don't know about yet given the amount of things I wasn't told about before.

Post #409451 16th Oct 2016 12:17am
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Someone may have plugged a compressor in to blow up a flat tyre, I did, it overheated and blew my fuse.

So swap it out for a good one and move on, it's a small win so it's good.

Regards ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #409469 16th Oct 2016 8:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 43 <123 45 ... 414243>