Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Overlanding L322 build, reliability and technical
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
royalgoldfish

Australia 

Yeah definitely thats one of the reasons i like them (all the above), and a coil like that would be really helpful actually definitely hadn't thought of that. I was thinking a valve block always open and then if a blowout occurs shut off that corner allowing the compresser and other bags to keep working independently and just drag a paw. Obviously not ideal but would like to make it home hahaha Don't let school get in the way of your education

Post #403788 6th Sep 2016 11:40pm
sako243

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Well I'd be curious as to whether a spring like that would work.

Or to be honest it as an emergency it could be another airbag... Ed

Post #404233 9th Sep 2016 6:35pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Haylands wrote:
Your thinking too much down the live axle route... the props don't articulate on a L322 they are fixed length and have to stay level...

Best thing with diffs is try it and see, the V8's are 4.10 and the TD6 is 3.73 Thumbs Up

Whistle Just to save any confusion.... the TD6 diffs are 4.10, and the V8's are 3.73 ...... Right numbers Pete, wrong car Wink

Oh and I think I'm correct when I say it's only the TD6 that was geared higher, all the other ffrr's V8 or TDV8 used the same ratio of 3.73, so there is a limited non existent choice for everyone in the America's, we might have been saddled with that nasty GM box of cheese... but at least we get a choice of diffs Wink What does the X5 run? and are they cross compatible? Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #407475 2nd Oct 2016 11:25pm
ndg

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

royalgoldfish wrote:
Yeah definitely thats one of the reasons i like them (all the above), and a coil like that would be really helpful actually definitely hadn't thought of that. I was thinking a valve block always open and then if a blowout occurs shut off that corner allowing the compresser and other bags to keep working independently and just drag a paw. Obviously not ideal but would like to make it home hahaha

The IID tool can be used to lockout corners in this way as a 'get me home' type deal.

Post #417141 8th Dec 2016 2:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123