Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > New 5.0SC deal done
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Laughing Thumbs Up All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #417039 7th Dec 2016 6:51pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Robert wrote:
is signing a contract for a loan, to get the premium, with the intention to "breach" it not an offence?

I guess it depends whether there is an explicit reduction for taking the finance - knowing or suspecting that there is one is different from one being explicitly specified.

If it's explicitly specified, then I guess they are entitled to ask for it back.

Post #417040 7th Dec 2016 6:55pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Found out last Saturday that my dealer registered my new car on 30th November as the log book turned up in the post which is not a big issue but yesterday I had a telephone conversation with a sales guy, who supplied my last L405 2 years ago who's an independent dealer up north, and he called out of the blue seeing if I was looking to change that car, "just keeping in touch" as they call it. Told him that I'd moved on and had recently ordered a new one and was part ex'ing my current car.
He offered to put a bid in for my car but I told him that I was dealing with a main LR dealer that I'd most probably (assumed) been offered a very good price. Lo and behold his first bid was £1500.00 more and when pushed offered £2k more with collection/payment next day. This is a cash deal so normally you would expect to get a lower figure. Now I've dealt with these guys before and in my experience they are sound so no reason to think that they'd do a WBAC and knock off money for minor scratches or general wear and tear. My car is 12 months old with 14k and mint as I really look after them so I'm happy they won't find any reason to pay me less. I also have the offer in writing which makes me feel a bit more secure that it's genuine.
I called the finance company to get a settlement email sent direct to them, which is normal practice, but I'm told the finance on my car has been paid off by the LR dealer. Not only that but the finance on the new car started on 2nd December when it was sitting in a pound at the Land Rover factory. Now I was never told about this which really ticks me off because this is a bit underhand AND I haven't signed the docs, I was expecting to do this at handover on Saturday. However, I did have a phone conversation with the finance manager a few days back saying that the deal was going through electronically although they never explained to me that the deal had started and I was liable from that date as I would never agreed to that, I don't mind paying for a car but I want it on my drive to use.
So now I'm Censored right off, my local dealer is being a bit car dealer'ish and I own and am now paying for a car that I've never seen or taken delivery of, I'm driving the dealers car around now and I'm £2k worse off.

What would you do?

Post #417094 8th Dec 2016 9:55am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Easy, just pull out of the part/ex deal and sell yours for the £2k more .Should not change what you are paying for the new car.

Post #417121 8th Dec 2016 1:35pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Just to update you where I'm at now re the new car.
I asked the dealer for an explanation for the early registration and finance starting without my knowledge and was told it was all part of the t&c's of the deal. So, I wasn't going to fall out about that and left it at that

I explained my findings about the value that an independent had given for a cash deal and they relented and matched the higher offer, only after I told them I was happy to sell it to the highest bidder.
So, I collected the new car on Saturday as planned and got to say what a huge improvement it is having the 5.0 petrol engine. Step off is instant, no waiting for the turbo to spoil up with related hesitation and the NVH is vastly improved.
Just got to take it steady for a few miles then I'll be giving it the beans to see how bad the fuel consumption can really get

Post #417991 15th Dec 2016 1:20pm
caymanblack

Sounds good Andy. Keep us updated on your thought about the 5.0SC as i,m still undecided about the SDV8 or the SC. thx.

Post #417997 15th Dec 2016 1:36pm
XXXAngelXXX

SC without a thought caymanblack - want to know what my wife said when i once considered a SDV8 - *you will regret it and you will sell it after 2 weeks* Smile

PS. we need pics !
! All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #417998 15th Dec 2016 1:40pm
caymanblack

No its not so easy. The SDV8 is more than fast enough, its a RR not a sports car. Its good on fuel and where i live diesel is cheaper, so i,m still not sure.Plus the one i drove i loved it.

Post #417999 15th Dec 2016 1:44pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Depends on your criteria for using the car and enjoying it. I'm a bit of a petrolhead but I also love 4x4's for their practicality so for me being able to combine increased performance in a well liked format is the best route. I've always been a supporter of Diesel engines in this style of car but I'm bored of the gruff engine note, turbo lag and poor NVH. If you like cars then 5.0 is the way to go unless fuel costs are a major consideration or if you need to tow on a regular basis then I'd recommend the V8 diesel.

Post #418000 15th Dec 2016 1:54pm
caymanblack

I think if you want a quick RR then surely a SVR would be a better choice, specially if you like some sound. Me i just want to drift along in RR style.

Post #418001 15th Dec 2016 2:04pm
XXXAngelXXX

Each to its own Smile - most of the RRs in the Fatherland come with the black trim and the black wheels - i do not consider that RR style but hey what do i know Wink All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #418003 15th Dec 2016 2:09pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

A Cayenne is way better at that job than a sport. I'm a FFRR fan so this model gives the oomph to make me smile but the luxury to make me happy.

Post #418004 15th Dec 2016 2:09pm
XXXAngelXXX

With all the Porsche employees here working at the factory and their cheap leasing - you see on every corner a Cayenne. We have like 5000 Porsches in Stuttgart alone Shocked

I would never buy one - i buy British since 1995 - started with a Morgan +8 as an every day car Smile All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #418009 15th Dec 2016 2:35pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Cayennes do drive well though.

Post #418013 15th Dec 2016 2:54pm
caymanblack

AndyS wrote:
A Cayenne is way better at that job than a sport. I'm a FFRR fan so this model gives the oomph to make me smile but the luxury to make me happy.

Cant argue with that.

Post #418014 15th Dec 2016 2:55pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>