Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Victoria our 03 plate full fat range rover is no more...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
smiler289

United Kingdom 
Victoria our 03 plate full fat range rover is no more...

On bonfire night last month a thoughtful drunk driver kindly smashed into the rear offside of our ffrr whilst it was parked outside my in laws. Turned out the drunk lives two doors up from the in laws. He has got away with a 15 month ban and a £510 fine.
Us on the other hand had our ffrr which my wife named Victoria due to the posh sounding sat nav voice, written off! And the mother in laws car got written off too as ours was shunted into it! Which in turn shunted into the father in laws old rover which sadly did not get written off.
Mother in laws insurance company were very good and paid out more than what was paid for the car, an old santa fe. They are with aviva. Our company shielas wheels on the other hand won't offer anymore than 6500 for ours. It's an 03 plate with 90k miles fitted with lpg system and in very good condition. We paid 7750 for it just 6 months ago and looking round for equivalent vehicles now with similar mileage etc I think we should have got back what we paid for it!
Anyway. On the lookout for a replacement...The damage to ours doesn't look that bad but the repair estimate was around £6400!

Click image to enlarge

Post #417158 8th Dec 2016 5:38pm
Welshdragon

Wales 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Monte Carlo Blue

Censored Censored

why do people do it....you either do one or the other.....NOT Censored both.

Its about time the driving limit came down to zero with far tougher penalties.

Hope you find as good FF Thumbs Up If it dont work.......burn it!

If the IId tool cant fix it.......burn the FF.

If the FF cant be fixed......buy a Land Cruiser!

If the LC cant be fixed..............................................BUY a horse !!

Post #417160 8th Dec 2016 5:58pm
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

should have bought it back for insure company and had repaired locally no way will it cost that much to repair

Post #417162 8th Dec 2016 6:13pm
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I really feel for you, fella.

I could be wrong here but rather than going through your insurance company who can dictate whether to right-off or repair, if you go direct to the scumbag's insurance, you are entitled to have your car returned to the condition it was pre-collision and the decision to right it off is not theirs to take. Apparently you can insist on it being repaired and it would be your choice whether or not to accept a right-off payment.

I only mention this having watched a similar thing unfold on another forum which opened my eyes a bit, if I'm honest.

Post #417171 8th Dec 2016 7:18pm
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

I had a company car wrote off bought it back got paid out car was repaired and tested back on road would not have accepted it being wrote off myself at all h . most cars if repaired over 3 yrs old at main dealers will be wrote off id at least want to see the paper work stating that the car cant be returned to the road and broken only I bet it will be sold as a cat c possibly a d and returned to the road so was never wrote off

Post #417174 8th Dec 2016 7:35pm
vaz

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Why claim off your own insurance when it's not your fault. Claim off the drunk driver or if that fails, go to the insurance ombudsman and let them take up your case.

Steve. 1968 Series IIA Pastel Green, nearly there project

Post #417214 9th Dec 2016 12:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1