Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > No sound
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
A.Pires

Portugal 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver
No sound

Recently on my 2002 L322 TD6, the sound system is mute. The display Works and I can acces to all the options on it but, no sound at all.

Someone can give me an idea about the problema and how to fix it?
Cheers

Antonio

Post #419230 22nd Dec 2016 10:40pm
paulmoran2

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Mariana Black

Antonio.

Try a battery disconnection and reconnection first. That seems to resolve most issues.

This thread will help with that>> http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post67804.html#67804 GONE 2010 Facelifted 3.6 TDV8 - Stornoway Grey + 22" Overfinch Olympus
HAVE 1999 Discovery 2 GS 4.0 V8 - Silver - Off Road Toy
GONE 2013 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue. Black with Silver roofline and 22" s
HAVE 2015 Jaguar XF.

Post #419231 22nd Dec 2016 10:54pm
A.Pires

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply, I've tried that (disconection) for several times and didn't work.
Maybe it's time for a new head unit (not origin). I've saw on ebay with all the functions we need. GPS, Telefone, MP3 etc. The only thing I don't know is if it Works with the steering wheel buttons.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-HD-DVD-GPS-Pla...Sw2xRYPj6r

Cheers

Post #419301 23rd Dec 2016 1:51pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

The chances are your problems are caused by water leaking into the boot of your car and dripping into the various units housed there, particularly the satnav, the dsp and the tv. The radio tuner is reasonably well protected being further forward in the car.
I'd be inclined to start with the satnav by checking the 2 plug connectors for corrosion, then the 3 dsp connectors and lastly the TVs connectors.
Any water damage will show as a green coating on the various plug connector pins.
It might just need a few connector pins cleaned to restore your sound, unfortunately however water can get into the various units effectively destroying them.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to check the condition of the tailgate seal, particularly the two top corners. Thumbs Up

Post #419322 23rd Dec 2016 3:33pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle If your screen isn't showing DSP (left hand side) then you is going to hear nothing because the DSP amp has drowned in the boot Shocked Big Cry Happened to me, everything worked except there was silence Evil or Very Mad

I ditched the lot and fitted an Android type system... with DVD, digital TV, Blue tooth, nav, iPod, USB, etc..... Well pleased with the result, I followed Haylands fitting guide, http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic29219.html , and with the exception that I made my own long cable, followed the guide closely and had no problems.... other than I forgot to fish out the centre speaker lead and had to remove the dash top twice Embarassed Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #419409 24th Dec 2016 1:01am
A.Pires

No sound

Yesterday, the sound on the system came back again. I don't know the reason.
After that I remove all the conectors on the rear (amplifier etc etc) and clean them with "electronic contact cleaner".
It seems that the sound go and back from time to time. Can someone explain me this please?
I don't want to replace the original head unit with a modern one or BMW one because I don't want to loose the super sound the Range have.

Cheers

Post #419717 27th Dec 2016 1:56pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

I had exactly what you describe, sound on and off for no reason.Traced it to a bad connection / connections on the speaker wires to and from the dsp unit.
Next time it goes off, switch the radio on and then go to the rear compartment and wiggle the wire connections to the two front plugs on the top of the dsp unit. With a bit of luck the sound will come and go as you move the wires, simply a case of carrying on untill you find the problem connection / connections,
If your sound only comes on after you switch the ignition on and then goes off after a few minutes and repeatedly does this the chances are you have a dsp problem.

Post #419744 27th Dec 2016 3:22pm
builder1966

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

the guy lives in Portugal don't think as much rain as uk

Post #419746 27th Dec 2016 3:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1