Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Aerosus
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rewmer

England 
Aerosus

Just tickling the suspension this morning - lowering a little as its always sat way too high, heard a loud pop and whoosh then she sank to her knees !!!! looks like the front left bag has gone. Bizzare as it was going down and not up ????? could understand it If i had over filled !

Any ways, doing a little search around and found these guys https://aerosus.co.uk/land-rover/range-rov...0wodDH8F1Q

Any one have any experience ? Prices look good. Dont want to go Dunlop as Ive heard they clonk a bit, so was going to try the Delphi units from Island 4x4 until I found these guys.. No7 - 2003 V8 Vogue

Post #421746 8th Jan 2017 12:42pm
tb10

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Here you go:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic39712.html

Regards

John

Post #421749 8th Jan 2017 1:14pm
Rewmer

England 

Thanks Tb, didnt find that one on my search. No7 - 2003 V8 Vogue

Post #421750 8th Jan 2017 1:20pm
Rewmer

England 

Cant fault the service, ordered Sunday arrived tuesday. Will report when I get a chance to fit them. No7 - 2003 V8 Vogue

Post #422082 10th Jan 2017 4:50pm
Covbandit

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Hi, fitted an aerosus to my l322 in november. Fitted perfectly. However l did not initially change the brass end on the air hose coupling. The vehicle would raise and then sink and the bag was empty. I took apart several times and could not stop. Changed the brass union and perfecto. Dont know if mine was damaged or as is a pattern part slightly different. But my advice change the union too. Oh and plenty of plus gas, big bar and a lot of swearing for the bolts that hold the strut to the hub.
Hope it helps

Post #422668 14th Jan 2017 7:13am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

For the front I would always change full units. The dampers have been on for 15years in the case of some FF's and that's just way too long. They can't offer the performance they did when new and while your there it's not much more money.

Tears are the same albeit a bit more fiddly having to gain access under boot trim to release them and screw in new ones but the ride improvement is worth it and the extra safety of knowing that your vehicle will handle as it should. A pair of tears is only £90 from monroe! FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #422693 14th Jan 2017 11:03am
Rewmer

England 

Well that was fun! One bolt came out without too much drama, but the lower was stuck fast. Tried heating with an induction heater to try loosen the grip but Ended up a two man job with me on the air hammer whilst my boy Jimbo gave it some welly with a breaker bar. After it gave up the strut fitted perfectly. They look like a reasonable piece of kit. Time will tell.
Looking forward to doing the other side later this week. No7 - 2003 V8 Vogue

Post #422726 14th Jan 2017 2:44pm
holidaychicken

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

My Dunlop struts knock and have done since I fitted them pretty much, I have been trying to contact Dunlop for a few months but never find time to ring but they have ignored emails, messages via their website and twitter so far so any chance I get to slag off their appalling customer service I do 😁
I am interested in the Aerosus, as my first choice would normally be Delphi now.

Post #422819 15th Jan 2017 12:39am
Rewmer

England 

Interestingly my fronts are (or were ) Delphi. I cant find a bill for them in the history so dont know when they was fitted. All I can say is the one that failed, did it properly , a 1" split in the bag. Wasnt even extreme offroading or anything, just sitting playing with the radio when it went. No7 - 2003 V8 Vogue

Post #422891 15th Jan 2017 3:29pm
Covbandit

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Mine is 2003 and the first one to go was n/s front. It went whilst tying to put it on ramps to investigat engine noise ( timing guide failure). Massive bang accompanied by sudden deflation. I changed it for a used one as all cash had to go towards engine rebuild but it looked like the original. 2 months later the o.s blew whilst driving, no bang or anything. The car felt really skittish as though l had a flat rear tyre. It wasnt until l came to brake that the car dived down to o/s front and the front o/s brake was trying to lock up, followed by air suspension inop. So after a buttock clenching moment l bought the aerosus one. It was easy to fit and the quality seems good. Gonna pick a new one up for n/s front when l can.

Post #422896 15th Jan 2017 4:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1