Home > Technical (L322) > FBH overhaul
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Trantorman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aleutian Silver
FBH overhaul

Hi

i have the following two faults on me 2007 3.6 tdv6, on using te remote the unit fires up but wonnt run for more than a couple of mins.

fault codes are:Ox0004 glow plug flame detector open circuit or shot circuit or short circuit to batter
ox0304 circulation pump open circuit or short circuit to battery.

so i need to take the unit out for overhaul and rebuild.

where is best to get parts for it?

Post #422694 14th Jan 2017 12:04pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

OK thanks to Beanie, Martin and posters on D3.co.uk above I may have solved the FBH problem. (Would only start for 2 minutes max before stopping - probably coked up its a 145k car)

This morning I set up a temporary Supercharging system for the FBH along the suggested blown air idea.

First I attached the Battery charger on trickle to ensure the voltage remained high throughout the process.

I then used my compressed air gun with an attachment that made a seal into the FBH air inlet after spraying in liberal amount of spray Brake Cleaner.

I then used the ALTOX APP on my phone to start the heater and after a few attempts got a steady flame and rising temperature.

With the compressed air running Supercharger style the FBH warmed up quickly and ran smoothly for 20 minutes with zero issues and only wisps of smoke. When the temp was at nearly 80c I disconnected the RAM AIR and it continued to run sweetly. Several times during the process I stopped the RAM AIR and sprayed in more BRAKE CLEANER the re-attached the compressed air.

I then repeated the process for another 25 minutes so I have had it running for nearly an hour at hot temperatures so hopefully its decoked enough to run by itself. I will test again when its back to Zero degrees.

Here is a short Video of the SETUP:

Anybody know the MAX temperature the FBH can run at I got mine into the 90c+ range...?

Post #422700 14th Jan 2017 12:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1