Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 43 <123 ... 789 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

The last week couldn't have gone any worse for me. My other Range Rover wasn't ready in time, and on Wednesday I was found unconscious in my property and was lucky that my Mum had a key to my property and was visiting that day.

Turns out that in July 2016 I was mis diagnosed and placed on the wrong antibiotics long term. Because of this my body was not getting better but was resisting the antibiotics, I was placed on additional antibiotics a week before I collapsed and because they made me ill, I stopped talking them altogether, with 48 hours my kidneys started to shut down, and I was literally on deaths doorstep.

I have multiple infenctions in my Kidneys, I am heavily medicated and now finally home, and very lucky to be here today.

Sadly this also meant that my L322 ran out of MOT Censored
And although the doctors say I can drive, I do not feel even close to being well enough to or safe enough to at the moment so I can't put my Range Rover in for repairs until towards the end of next week.

My otherhalf has taken time of work to help me with my recovery which will include hopefully tomorrow fitting the headlight if I am up to it.

Post #422867 15th Jan 2017 1:02pm
green-oval-nut

Couldn't fit the headlight, the guy I got the car from when fitting the headlights did not screw the bolt through the clip with the clip on the back bracket of the light clipped on, but somehow managed with the clip sitting UNDERNEATH wiper motor bracket of the headlight Censored

So right now, my Range Rover is still being a pretty road ornament. I have been extremely ill over the last couple of weeks, so driving has not been at the top of my priorities, but now that I am able to, not having a car that I can use, living in a remote location is starting to make feel extremely isolated and stressed. I am still waiting for my other Range Rover t be finished, which is just the exhaust being put together now but the garage has other cars stuck on the ramps at the moment and are an employee down so I know it is difficult for them, but I am starting to feel like I won't get it back before the MOT expires lol, especially as the L322 has run out of MOT now and was due in the garage before Christmas Rolling Eyes

Kinda need to get both beasts sorted now and fast as we are looking to move very soon now. And I would much prefer being able to drive them to the new place rather than having to find the money to pay for a recovery truck.

I am starting to have thoughts about selling both my Range Rovers now, as I really cannot be back in this situation again. Although the new place will either have a drive or potential for a drive to be installed so I will be going back to doing repairs myself at home.

Last edited by green-oval-nut on 27th Jan 2017 1:37am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #424062 21st Jan 2017 12:52am
Madyaker

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

You have my total sympathy fella. Ive had 2 Rangies (p38 and current L322 ) and thrown a good few quid at them. If I'd had a tenth of the trouble you've had I'd have walked away and cut my losses. My advice would be stick with one and get it sorted because when these beasts are working well there is no finer feeling knowing you are in one of the best vehicles ever designed. ( NB, not made ! ) I now look for excuses to drive somewhere just because I can. Sincerely hope you get well soon and stick with your vehicle (s) of choice.

Post #424063 21st Jan 2017 1:27am
green-oval-nut

To be fair, the P38 hasn't been too much trouble, it has just spend more time in the garage for a few repairs rather than lots of repairs which has been down to staffing issues at the garage, so they have got way behind on the cars, and instead of catching up on the work they have, they are trying to please everyone and keep taking on jobs. If my health hadn't deteriorated as much as it has over the years, I would have happily offered my knowledge and skills as an ex mechanic. Technically retired due to my disabilities. Range Dog has thrown a couple of surprises at me, but manageable surprises under normal circumstances. However this Range Rover is at the age and mileage where all the big stuff is due at once.

I have seriously considered getting rid of 1 or both, but then I get in it and remember why I put up with the bank ache it gives me Laughing

Yes I got ripped off with it, yes I have probably spent close to its value, but at the same time, If I buy another one which I was considering, I could be facing a hole heap of new trouble or worse, buy something that is just as knackered.

Just need to get this one through its MOT asap, Then it can sit and be pretty with minimal use for until I move or an expected lump some that I am due comes in. I need at least 1 reliable car as I am now the CEO of a UK organisation, which won't be a paid position for at least 6 months. Once I start getting paid, then I will be able to lavish as much love and attention as I want onto my cars.

The plan for the P38 was to be kept and used for a year and then sold on, but not sure if I am going to be able to part with it easily.

I can't wait to get the L322 back on the road properly though, As I do love driving it.

Post #424178 22nd Jan 2017 12:43am
green-oval-nut

Been let down again about getting the Range Rover in for repairs, at the very least I need to repair the wiper linkage and replace the headlight, so now I am going to have to find somewhere out of site and get my hands dirty lol.

In order to replace the headlight, I am going to have to remove the bumper myself, I have already worked out how I can resolve the bodge to get the light off in theory without cutting the thing off. Just got to work out how these weird clips that are supposed to repair the linkage arms on the wiper linkages go on.

On 1 hand, I am dreading the job due to my disabilities and not having a driveway, and on the other, I am kind of looking forward to getting stuck in.

Post #424519 24th Jan 2017 1:37am
green-oval-nut

Had to call the AA out yesterday Rolling Eyes Brand New battery was flat Shocked I tried to jump it from the Mondeo, but the leads weren't up to the job, the battery was flat flat, no signs of life at all. The AA came out, put a jump pack on it, and it fired straight up, I took it for a drive for around 35-40 minutes, keeping the revs up where I could and keeping the speed up, let it idle for 10 minutes before I switched it off when I got home, left it for a few minutes and it started up just fine. I have locked it and left it for now, but I am worried that this is going to happen again. I had to replace the battery recently as I found it was flat, and I am now beginning to wonder if I have a battery drain issue. But I am a bit confused, the car was parked up for 2 and half weeks since I changed the battery and I went to it, unlocked it to get something out as I needed it for when I was out in the other car, and locked it, then a week later, my other half goes to it early morning to put some parts in that I want fitted when it goes into the garage and comes back in to tell me the battery is dead, no interior lights nothing.

The battery is a heavy duty battery bought from Tayna, it is 1 950cca battery and I think either a 110ah or 120ah, so in theory this shouldn't of happened.

I still don't have my other Range Rover home, so this one hasn't made it to the garage yet lol. But I will be having to take it for nightly runs to keep the battery charged until the I finally get the magic call of, come and get Range Dog.

I was not impressed with the ride quality this time either. At first it was sat on its bump stops with suspension inactive message after being jump started, but I knew this would clear once I started driving it as this happened when I changed the battery. The suspension rose to the standard height, but I felt almost like a warped brake disc wobble through the steering and car at all speeds which got worse as I got faster.

This Range Rover is going to keep me busy this summer.

Post #425939 2nd Feb 2017 5:21am
green-oval-nut

Not had a great weekend, still very unwell. But was feeling very stressed, and remembered that I had virtually no fuel left in the Range Rover, and knew it needed a run, so got in it, started it up, and then noticed it looked like someone was pressing the buttons on and off fast for the parking sensors, boot release etc... on the 1 panel and the bootlid popped itself open. So making a mental note of that, I then drove it to the petrol station which was a good run out, and back, it was 10pm roughly when I started reversing down the road where I live full of elderly residents, and the damn brakes started squeeling like hell, I believe this to be the handbrake as this was going on only in reverse and with my foot off the brake, so had to revers a fair distance feeling guilty as I know I must have woken the poor neighbours up on my way home.
Also notice a rattling sound which sounds like a tensioner or pulley noise which stopped once the car had a good run, wasn't the chain for definite.

Managed to get these pictures the other day of it in the snow. Was gutted to not be able to go out and play.

My other Range Rover still isn't home, and it now has less than a months MOT. Can't see it needing more than 2 half shafts for the MOT.

But this thing is going to need whatever part is causing the front end to knock, at least 1 airbag on the front if the mount can't be repaired, a bulb, wiper mechanism repaired, and a headlight to be fitted, plus possibly a catalytic converter unless the MOT tester says it is just an advisory this year.

ROLL ON SUMMER, when I will hopefully have moved and I will be doing more myself to my cars.

Post #427534 13th Feb 2017 3:18am
green-oval-nut

I know I shouldn't have, but have such a stressful week and got an even worse one coming up, that I ended up contacting a parts supplier on Ebay who had stopped selling something I wanted, only to find out they actually had 1 of what I wanted left in the warehouse, and they aren't getting any more stock. I bought a spoiler for the L322 lol. I know it is totally not the highest priority thing right now, but I have managed to save a ton of money with my negotiating skills and patients online for the Mondeo and Range Dog that I could just about afford it. Now just need my Mobility scooter to sell and I will be happy. The spoiler will however sit in my shed for a while lol.

Post #427656 13th Feb 2017 11:20pm
green-oval-nut

I have been naughty again, I have bought a replacement rear reg plate, This one has correctly spaced lettering, but also has the Range Rover logo on the side lol. £11.99 I though was a good price, I cannot justify buying one for the front yet as I already bought a road legal reg a couple of months ago ready for the MOT.

Sadly, the garage owners wife has fobbed me off again, last week I phoned up, explained that now I don't have a working car on the road and desperately need my other Range Rover back, and spoke about my Mondeo needing some work for the MOT which was coming up, and was promised that my Range Rover (Range Dog would be finished well before Wednesday 15th Feb)! So I called earlier today to ask what time should I pop down tomorrow to swap the motors over, and got told by the garage owners Mrs, that sorry, other cars have come in, and that the owner is on his own still working on the cars, and therefor, Range Dog is not ready, Leaving me feeling quite frustrated now as the Mondeo if it does not pass its MOT on Friday will be off the road, sat next my L322 as a road ornament, which means that the 2 appointments that I need to get to by car next week which are to do with operations that I need are going to cost me a fortune to get to as I will have to insure and use my Mum's car, which I will be a hasstle to pick up. It is a manual which I find painful to drive, which is why I needed Range Dog back, I wanted to be able to use it for a few days to make sure it is reliable enough to drive such a distance. But now looking likely that I won't have a car of my own on the road through no fault of my own. ALL the other garages in Hastings are full of con artists and wannabe mechanics, and I have parts sat at the garage waiting to be fitted to my L322. I am starting to wish I had them delivered to me.

This motivates me into making sure I have a driveway wherever I move to, and to deal less with garages, Range Dog runs out of MOT in 2 weeks, I will be surprised if I see the damn car before the MOT expires. And that will mean that for a fusebox change and a full exhaust replacement job admittedly with a few minor delays my end, that Range Dog has been away from me for 3 coming up 4 MONTHS, Had the garage looked at my car sooner, I would have been able to source certain additional parts sooner, but I always feel like I am hassling even though I am only phoning once every 3 - 4 working days. I did agree to the car being worked on between jobs, but this does feel like it is taking the micky to me. I really hope the quality of the workmanship is worth all this wait. What really worries me, is Range Dog needs a new half shaft, may or may not be an MOT issue, but if it fails the MOT on it, how long will it take the garage to fit that?

Anyway, back on topic, Seriously feeling depressed about not being able to get out when I want or need to on my own, feeling annoyed that I am paying car insurance for 2 vehicles that I can't even drive through no fault of my own.

I am considering just running this in for its test and seeing what is said.

Post #427820 15th Feb 2017 12:56am
green-oval-nut

After what I was told yesterday, I am more than convinced that the last MOT that my Range Rover L322 had, had to have been a bought one! It had 0 advisories magically, yet I got this from the MOT test Shocked Censored Sad

Click image to enlarge

The work is all being done, including some of the advisories. I am looking forward to getting my L322 back.

The P38 might be on its way out the door soon so I can concentrate on this one.

Post #428874 23rd Feb 2017 1:06am
green-oval-nut

The estimate to get my L322 back is £300 including the cost of the MOT. Which I thought was amazing considering the fail list and I am due to get my car back early next week. Now got to deal with the Zafira and P38 which are both being huge headaches for me now.

The P38 is drinking coolant, pouring out blue smoke and due to run out of MOT shortly. The Zafira needs a diesel leak fault sorted.

Post #428972 23rd Feb 2017 11:00pm
green-oval-nut

Wonderful news, I should be collecting my Range Rover with its brand new MOT tomorrow evening, Can't wait.

Post #429628 1st Mar 2017 7:47pm
green-oval-nut

Let down Sad My Range Rover wasn't ready. Hopefully will get it back tomorrow, but not holding my breath.

Post #429795 2nd Mar 2017 10:50pm
green-oval-nut

Well, 9 working days after it failed its MOT has now been and almost gone, making tomorrow the last day of the free retest, already had to cancel 2 appointments so far as I had no transport, so in theory, my car should be ready tomorrow. I know the garage has been working hard on my car as it hasn't been the easiest to work on with the amount of brake pipe is has needed. If it goes past tomorrow, I hope the garage at least call the MOT centre to book an appointment ahead of time as I know from past experience, some MOT places will allow you to go over the 10 days as long as you make the appointment within the 10 days, and this is usually to allow for the amount of bookings in advance they already have.

Really can't wait to get it back though.

I might be lucky enough to get the other Range Rover through its MOT as well by the end of next week if I am lucky. So far repairs have been going pretty smoothly.

Post #430300 6th Mar 2017 10:20pm
green-oval-nut

Finally, today my Range Rover passed its MOT with just 2 advisories in the end which were the rear brake hoses slightly corroded.

Sadly not got it back though. as it has got to have a new radiator pipe fitted and a couple of other small jobs doing. Fingers crossed that I get it back tomorrow evening. Really excited to see and end in sight.

Now got to work out what I am doing with the P38.

Post #430602 9th Mar 2017 6:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 43 <123 ... 789 ... 414243>