Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > British diagnostics scanner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
kbald

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
British diagnostics scanner

Hi all, has anyone come across these people before or used this software and scanner. Seems to do all the codes and bits and pieces like changing setting and updating ecu firmware etc and its £79.99, seems to good to be true. Just to confirm I have no affiliation with the company and simply came across them looking at other diagnostic tool options on another site!

http://britishdiagnostics.co.uk

Post #366250 9th Jan 2016 7:52pm
steadyaway

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Looks too good go be true, always a warning. It may be absolutely fine but a word of caution. I bought some VAG software and a similar OBD2 lead for my daughters Polo. The price was very good. At first the software appeared to do the required job but shortly after all sorts of errors popped up. ABS lights, airbag lights etc. As fast as the faults were cleared they reappeared. The faults were not really there and we ended up having to have the car software updated. Don't want to diss what you have seen but by trying to save a few quid you may end up paying much more in the long run.

Which part of Leeds are you in?

Post #366290 9th Jan 2016 11:03pm
kbald

That is a situation I would t want to find myself in that's for sure! Will do a bit more research as don't want to buy cheap and buy twice!

I am not too far from the airport in Leeds, just up from kirkstall road!

Post #366340 10th Jan 2016 10:25am
steadyaway

It would be interesting to know what you find out. I'll have a look around to see if I can learn anything.
I'm near J27 M62. A bit too close to Ikea for my liking. I have a couple of code readers and are willing to help if you have the need.

Post #366341 10th Jan 2016 10:41am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Another hacked copy of SDD. Chances are it will "work", but you have no support, no guarentee, no bug fixes and updates...

Suggest you save your money and buy an IID BT, for which the story is quite the opposite. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #366349 10th Jan 2016 11:59am
steadyaway

What is SDD please?

Post #366360 10th Jan 2016 1:26pm
steadyaway

Just searched thiefbay for SDD. British diagnostics came up. I don't know about anyone else but when I start reading a listing with atrocious grammar and spelling I get suspicious and start thinking Chinese Copy.

Post #366362 10th Jan 2016 1:36pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

SDD is LR's diagnostics system - stands for Symptom Driven Diagnostics. The real version requires an expensive subscription etc., whereas these hacked copies are made to work "offline". Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #366363 10th Jan 2016 1:47pm
kbald

steadyaway Thanks for the offer. At the moment, touch wood, I have no error codes showing but that may not last forever, so may well take you up on that one day.

Its a busy place at that junction near Ikea that's for sure, I try and avoid it whenever possible. I notice that one of the site sponsors Green Oval is near where you are. Have you ever used them for any work on your car and if so how do you rate them?

Lost for Words, it sounds a little dodgy to me then, surprised they can get away with that. If it is the same system that JLR use I can see some benefits to having it if only to check codes and make changes to stuff like automatic locking etc as long as its not illegal as that would be a bit of a red faced one rolling into a dealer to get them to work on the car as you tried yourself with illegal software!! Embarassed

Post #366386 10th Jan 2016 4:09pm
Zirconblue

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

This is just a pirate version of JLR's SDD/IDS software with a Pirate version of the Mongoose cable.

The proper mongoose cable is about £400 to buy and the SDD subscription is about £700 a year.

You wont be able to get updates to these pirate versions, and the cables are notoriously unreliable - they might work today, but fail tomorrow.

The reason they're described as 'offline' is because if you go 'online' it'll connect to JLR's server and flag it up as a pirate software install.

Post #366389 10th Jan 2016 4:14pm
steadyaway

Green Oval have just replaced the upper and lower rear hub bushes on both sides. They know what they are talking about. I have not used a main dealer but I would say they are as good but without the hourly cost. I like to work on my own car when I can but I would be happy to use Green Oval when the need arises.

Post #366545 11th Jan 2016 4:13pm
kbald

Thanks for the update. I like to do a lot of work myself, but it's good to know there is a reliable place to go if the need arises.

Post #366597 11th Jan 2016 8:55pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

Just a followup of this old thread - I bought one of these after watching a few of their videos and reading some reviews online etc.

I must say I'm impressed. It runs on any laptop in a "Virtual Machine" environment, this requires no technical knowledge though. Just double click a file and away it goes.

The SDD software itself is a little clunky, but that appears to be by design rather than a fault of the system. Once you learn its nuances it's very good and certainly very powerful. I have already used it to diagnose a canbus error, enable "destination entry on the move" and update the gearbox ECU to hopefully alleviate a harsh shift.

It seems to be fairly reliable so far, I'll update if I run into problems, but at less than a tank of fuel it's not a massive gamble... 

Post #422922 15th Jan 2017 5:26pm
Lad

England 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I have a genuine mongoose cable that's surplus to requirements. Only thing is I need to find it. Parked it up in a safe place that's too safe for me to remember where it is. Embarassed

Post #422982 16th Jan 2017 12:08am
ptjs1

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Dan,

I've got an 06 S/C RR and am thinking of buying one of these to assist with the Range and also my 95 Jaguar XJS. Which version of the software did you get for your vehicle? Was it the V130 version?

Tks

Paul

Post #431271 15th Mar 2017 11:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>