Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Full Fat or Sport 50k to spend
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

L405 all day long. It is a finer looking car as a starting point and I do believe that the RRS is blocky looking.

Post #419680 27th Dec 2016 8:14am
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

You probably asked the wrong question for this forum. I have a tdv8 L322 & have never driven a L494 or L322. But while the L494 interior appears more generous than a L320, I sill love the interior space of a L322. I assume the L405 is similarly generous.

I don't have the dosh for anything in this sort of budget but I wouldn't buy a tdv6. I would consider a L494 SVR. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #419704 27th Dec 2016 12:24pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

I bought one of the first L405s when released in Mar 13 (3.0L Vogue). I then swapped it for the new 3.0L Autobiography 63 plate Sport (L494) in Sept 13. I fancied a bit more grunt so bought the 5.0L version of the same a year later in Sept 14 only to swap it for an SVR in Mar 15. The reason I'm detailing this because I sold my SVR in Sept 15 (admittedly for a profit) but after 3x new Sports I went back to a Vogue. I'm currently still driving a 13 plate Vogue (4.4L) which I bought in Sept 15 and have no intention to change because I finally have settled on the car that ticks every box (for me).

The Sport is absolutely a more engaging drive. However, the FFRR is a much more commanding package - and as someone has already mentioned - it's still no slouch.

I'd recommend to go and drive both but make sure you have an extended test drive. The Sport will probably appeal more initially because of the driving dynamics, but as a long term car it'll likely be the FFRR that will win you over.

As for depreciation, I think in value terms the depreciation will be similar; however, due to supply and demand of each model, I think in % terms the FFRR will depreciate slightly less.

Post #421379 6th Jan 2017 8:58am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks Dickie - As someone who has an SDV8 and has lusted after an L494 SVR, reading your account makes me feel a whole lot better about what I already have.

Post #421380 6th Jan 2017 9:03am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Dickie would you rather have the SDV8 over the SC then?

Post #421410 6th Jan 2017 12:45pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Baltic Blue

I recently had the "pleasure" of driving a brand new sport for 3 weeks as a loan car while my L322 was in hospital following a failed attempt by a Mazda 3 driver to do battle. £17k repairs but you shudda seen the other guy....and I drove home afterwards!

I expected to be suitably impressed but as others have said here the new sport failed to deliver, at least for me. The tighter driving dynamics initially did impress but this was quickly overshadowed by the harder, bumpy ride and reduced interior space. The LED headlights are little better than a couple of Tilly storm lamps which was a surprise as being the "next step" from my FFRR HID's I was expecting great things. Fuel economy of the 3l TDV6 was also only 2-3 mpg better than my 4.4 TDV8

So in summary, better driving dynamics but poor ride quality, less room, diabolical headlights and only marginally better fuel consumption.

Go for a FFRR IMHO 4.4 TDV8 Vogue Baltic Blue MY11

Post #421418 6th Jan 2017 1:26pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I see over on the sport forum a lot complaining about the lights. Strange as this is normally a good RR feature.

Post #421422 6th Jan 2017 1:46pm
S33MAF

2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Baltic Blue

Hi guys, thank you for the feedback.
My mind is made up after sitting in Christmas traffic in my L322 next to various Sports, Discos etc was fine but when a L405 parked next to me in the multi storey in Bath I got a bit jealous. So the hunt for the perfect colour and options is on.
OVer the holidays I've been doing a bit of research and the SE commands only a small premium over the Vogue especially if I'm prepared to travel North of my current location which is Wiltshire where all RR are either green or seem to be 1 or 2 k more than further a field.
Im bit of a messy sod and was wondering how robust is the Ivory leather as I'm thinking black or blue on ivory for a change. Currently rocking grey on black.

Post #421584 7th Jan 2017 11:46am
Buckster

United Kingdom 

L405 sounds like a good choice to me Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Mantec Protection, LR Light Guards, 19"s on Goodyear Duratracs, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning and Alive Tuned 😎

Visiting from RRSport & Disco 3 forums:

Post #421628 7th Jan 2017 4:10pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

I've got Ivory semi-aniline leather and still looking new after 4 years and 40,000 miles. Had Ivory in two previous Range Rovers and just needed a simple clean and feed once in a while.

Post #421677 7th Jan 2017 9:26pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I used to go for black leather for similar reasons but the last few I've had ivory and (depending on the colour of the car) it would be my first choice. I treat it with Autoglym every three or four months and the seats look really good. I'm also with you regarding the SE. If you can afford the small extra premium it's lovely and once inside you'll be hard pressed to know your in an SE or an AB.

Post #421683 7th Jan 2017 10:23pm
Dexter

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Waitomo Grey

Another vote for full fat, had a Sport, so pleased I went full fat.- on colour I'm currently in blue with black and have chosen Grey with Cirrus on my next one as I too wanted a change from black interior, I felt this was an alternative to Ivory which was my other choice. Either one will look great though.
You won't regret it Thumbs Up

Post #421819 8th Jan 2017 9:16pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Sorry, only just seen the additional posts on here since my last one. Ref the question whether I'd rather have the SDV8 over the SC, for me it is one of practicality rather than outright performance. The SDV8 has sufficient grunt to safely overtake when required; yes the SC would get me past quicker but it wouldn't change my driving style so an SDV8 is perfectly adequate. The more practical reason for sticking to SDV8 is the mpg, and I don't mean the difference in running cost.

I'm not overly worried about the £ difference in mpg (marginal difference given the other ownership costs), for me it is more the frequency that I have to refuel. Simply put, I have to pay roughly a third fewer visits to the forecourt than I would in a petrol variant (~30mpg Vs 20mpg). Thank makes it more worthwhile to me. I used to get 350 miles to a tank in my SVR, it was irritating.

As for interior colour, I found completely black to be a bit too sombre for my liking. With two small children I wasn't overly enamoured with the idea of constantly scrubbing various stains from Ivory/Cirrus. I settled for the ivory/ebony combo which gives the best balance of practical black seats/door cards but the lightness of ivory on the dash & door tops. Personal choice as always but I wouldn't rule out the combo variants, they're not has hideous as they sound!

Post #423005 16th Jan 2017 9:57am
S33MAF

2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Baltic Blue

All good advise guys, just need to get some time to go for a test drive now. Bloody work always gets in the way.

Post #423471 18th Jan 2017 11:02am
JamesD

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

I would have the L405 and did....

The sport is a great car and the ONLY reason I checked it out was because of the 7 seat option, but after a brief drive and checking the interior space it did not make sense. Back in the showroom with them both together (as it happened in the colour I liked) the Vogue had so much more presence and to drive it was peerless. Yes I understand the Sport is marketed as more 'sporty' but its still no sports car, I have an Audi R8 for that...so the Vogue was a no brainier for me. 2021 L405 Vogue D300
2016 L405 Vogue 3.0TDV6 (Sold)

Post #426709 7th Feb 2017 11:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>