Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Rear side window aerials 2005 TD6 vogue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ollie7195

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Barolo Black
Rear side window aerials 2005 TD6 vogue

Hi guys, Been having plenty of issues with my range rover since I bought it! most I've found a solution to but this one I'm not sure what to do... Both rear side window aerial terminations have become oxidised/corroded and have come unstuck from the glass leaving no connection, I can only guess due to a badly leaking boot seal and aerial that caused a whole load of other issues, does anyone have/know a way of making a connection again? Ive tried soldering but the flux builds up on the glass and the solder wont sit...hoping its not a case of new rear windows as I cant imagine they are cheap! also can anyone confirm which aerials do what? I still get radio which from what ive seen comes from the rear window heating element

Not the best photos in the world but the brown tape at the bottom of the window is holding the cables down on the drivers side is appears the middle amplifier is missing?! but there arnt any wires coming from the loom so guess there didn't need to be one there Confused

Post #423604 18th Jan 2017 10:35pm
SteMY06HSE

Qatar 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hi Ollie,
Don't know if you can still buy it but you used to be able to get like a metal paint for fixing broken elements in your heated rear screen.

You could try a blob of that to make the connection again as that should stick to the glass, then cover it with some araldite or the like to keep it in place and protect it.

Post #423641 19th Jan 2017 6:13am
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

The side window aerials provide a signal for the tv. Do you use the TVs at all? If not do you need to fix the problem.
I've got some solderless copper bonding adhesive which works, just never tried to see if it provides a continuous electrical path. I'm sure there must be a number of similar products.

Post #423754 19th Jan 2017 2:45pm
Ollie7195

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Barolo Black

Thanks for the replies, Have see something along the lines of what you were saying SteMY06HSE will look into it.

NDFI that is true I don't really need the TV its just nice to have it working if its there if you know what I mean Wink any idea why there would be an amplifier missing on the drivers side? or would there not have been one there in the first place? as I said cant see any wiring there, so unless its been cut back I can only assume there never was one

Ollie

Post #423969 20th Jan 2017 4:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1