Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Jag hits me in car park, then walks of caught on dash cam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle If you can't claim on the Jag Numpty, I think you might be better off talking "Tea Money Rates" to your local paint shop....It never ceases to amaze me just how much discount can be had when you start talking real pictures of the Queen Wink That'll use less than 1/2 litre of paint and half a day if that... it could be less that the excess on the policy, and because you'd have sorted it yourself, it can't effect your insurance as you haven't claimed Thumbs Up Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!
Inventor of the 'Guide-o-Matic automatic wheel alignment tool'
Former long term L322 owner, Up/Down graded to a Classic Tractor!

Post #423595 18th Jan 2017 10:13pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

^ Unfortunately it can still affect your policy - most ask about claims and accidents - so once you've informed them, you need to declare it.

I had fun last year as I had an accident in my wifes car - so it affected us both and double counted on some renewals - I had an accident and she had a claim, even though it was the same event Rolling Eyes

Post #423598 18th Jan 2017 10:19pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle I believe that the question is "Have you been involved in any accidents in the last year?" to which you can honestly answer NO... because to be involved you'd have to be in the car...

And if you don't claim then they can't penalise you for having a no fault accident that you didn't claim on, it just wouldn't stand up in a court of law, otherwise they'd be able to load your policy just incase you have a claim Whistle

Yes they will try it on, but I very much doubt that they be prepared to go to court over it Rolling Eyes I reckon they'd back down very quickly if you objected....

If that was to stand, and it wont, I'd be liable for an increase in insurance because I missed the towbar and got the bumper with the trailer Shocked D'OH! Evil or Very Mad

Whistle But in my defence it was before the camera had been fitted Laughing Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #423602 18th Jan 2017 10:33pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Quote:
answer NO... because to be involved you'd have to be in the car..

Rolling with laughter A very fair point Bow down

Post #423606 18th Jan 2017 10:36pm
miggit

United Kingdom 

Whistle It's all in the weasel words, it doesn't always work in the insurance companies favour Wink

Have you had an accident? NO, I wasn't in the car, I was doing thousands of pounds worth of damage with one of those stupid trolleys that have a mind of their own...

Have you made a claim? NO, I didn't claim as it was cheaper to bung the paint shop a hundred quid and let them fit the car in over a few days... You need a major amount of damage to be claiming on a policy, under £1000 it's better to sort it yourself, or claim off Mr Magoo in the Jag... Then it becomes a no fault claim (it wasn't me) and they can't load your policy Thumbs Up

They can't load the policy, they have no grounds to do so.... Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer... Today I are one!

Post #423608 18th Jan 2017 10:53pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

It always annoys me in these cases (especially if it's affecting me or mine Mad ) that the innocent party is the one who has to deal with all the hassle of trying to get the repairs sorted, and arguing the t Censored ss with the insurers both at the time and on renewal Shocked

Bottom line is "It wasn't their bl Censored dy fault" Big Cry 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #423626 18th Jan 2017 11:55pm
Spelunker

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Some places dont like you taking up two spaces - even if the car park is almost empty. Wasnt there a case last year or year before where a woman was done by a parking company for taking two spaces when she had the front wheel on the line and the rear about a inch over? QUID FACIUM TIBI
ANTEQUAM ALIIS

2003 TD6 VOGUE Zambezi Silver
tows 2006 Lunar Delta 540/2

Post #423846 19th Jan 2017 9:18pm
Lukie

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Ok folks like the idea of OP'S delayed dashcam switch off, the unit he got looks better than my solution however my is a lot more customisable

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271918350638

Ebay number eBay Item No. 271918350638 in case link gets removed (don't remember if they are allowed)

So this link will require a slightly longer install.and need a few bits of wire maybe buy looks like you can truly set it how you like

You can get it cheaper from China if your prepared to wait (think they are under £4) you may need to be inventive with the housing for it, tuperwate box, large bit of heat shrink?? Not sure I'm guessing mine will be set and forget but others may require to alter the settings for holidays ect

Post #429791 2nd Mar 2017 10:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234