Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Early style wing mirror glass
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
joeypineapplez

Ireland 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green
Early style wing mirror glass

Ive just received some new wing mirror glass (EBay) and Im having trouble getting the old glass out. Mine seems to be the early style 02-05 and is not the same procedure as shown in PowerfulUk and Atlantic British videos. Ive removed the plastic wing mirror casing with no problems just to give myself a better view as to whats holding it in. Ive also tried pushing and pulling in various directions but it doesnt want to budge and I fear a stronger effort will just break something.

Mine are the same as pictured below and seem to be held in 4 positions by a slot on, slot off method as opposed to later models with spring loaded clips.

Can anybody shed any light on this please.

My rangerover must be a very early example as every job I try to do on it seems to be different to the norm.???

Click image to enlarge
 2002 TD6 Epsom Green

Post #423331 17th Jan 2017 4:45pm
joeypineapplez

Ireland 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

Ok just to help somebody in the future, best way to remove these is to take off casing (for a better view and better access) and pry up from underneath with something flat and wide to spread load. I used a flat chisel as shown in the picture. Only a small amount of force is needed so dont go mad here.

Click image to enlarge

This is what you will see when removed. 4 semi circle lugs slot into 4 semi circle holes. Simples. I put a touch of grease on mine to aid refitting. You can lever from the top to get it to sit back down nicely if required.

Click image to enlarge

My Ebay mirrors dont have auto dimming so I just cut the wires below the grey cap on the connector and cable tied it in the back of mirror casing out of the way. Leave the grey cap on as that will keep your connections safe from the elements in case you ever need to revert back to auto dimming mirrors. 2002 TD6 Epsom Green

Post #423836 19th Jan 2017 7:37pm
Joe90

England 

Too late I know, but did you see this thread?

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic26166.html

Hopefully you will now have much better vision around you too Thumbs Up .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #423878 19th Jan 2017 11:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1