Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Stornoway / Ebony Westminster 4.4 TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

NICE Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #328863 21st May 2015 9:54am
r1chardh

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Dom,

that is unbelievably kind of you! I am, sadly, looking for a dark interior colour, but I hope somebody spots this thread and sees the pics. Really generous of you to go out of your way for a newbie and total stranger.

In other news, I found another one that I did end up wanting! Rich's ex-LR1 plate car that Alistair linked to - went and saw it this morning, but by the time I called he had taken a holding deposit for it! Sad

Not having much luck so far, but I'm pretty sure I am after a mid to dark grey diesel with black leather and a light roof lining, so the search will go on.

Richard

ETA: I also test drove a new shape RRSport and didn't like the firmness of the ride in comparison to the 322, which I think might be a tad quieter too. Good news, as even the cheapest V6 Diesels are still in the high 50s!

Post #328925 21st May 2015 6:08pm
r1chardh

Twist of fate earlier, and looks like I *might* have Rich's car after all! Very excited!

Post #329084 22nd May 2015 7:43pm
CEEGEE

United Kingdom 

Have to say, I am a big fan of the ivory interior with a dark colour like the one Dom spotted - you'd love it - so classy Cool Cool

If you have occasions where you are concerned about marking the leather, why not buy a set of seat covers and keep them in the boot, or do as I did and buy a Defender for the "mucky" jobs Thumbs Up

Post #329097 22nd May 2015 10:19pm
r1chardh

I'd love another Defender (had a 50th Anniversary for a few years) but one vehicle at a time...!

I'm more concerned with mud, grease etc from my bikes - and very happy to have found Rich's ex-LR1 car. Extremely excited to pick it up and start getting used to it.

Cheers.

Post #329177 23rd May 2015 5:43pm
r1chardh

Got it! Very very pleased to have finally taken ownership of Rich's Range Rover. It has a *lot* of options! It needs some new tyres, but other than that is good to go until January (service) and May (MOT). Also took out a year's warranty. Happy!

Post #331055 4th Jun 2015 10:38pm
CEEGEE

United Kingdom 

Enjoy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #331056 4th Jun 2015 10:42pm
elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Buckingham Blue

Resurrecting this thread, because I had a five hour round-trip today to complete a deal on a 2011 TdV8 Autobiography that I'd put a deposit on. Sadly, it took me about a minute to ask for my deposit back and head off home.

This was a different dealership but, like Richard, I found a car that was badly scratched, both inside and out, and with a massive brown stain and pitting to the leather of the driver's door card. Rear parcel shelf was also very tatty and absolutely filthy. The window finishers were also coming away from the rear screen. Salesman really wasn't that bothered and gave me little more than a shrug of the shoulders and little else. He knew I'd put my money down and bothered to make a 180 mile round trip, so I would have thought he might have realised that I was serious in my intentions, but he made no attempt whatsoever to suggest that the car could be sorted for me. He even intimated that I was unrealistic in what I expected from a used car. Bear in mind that this had only done 34k!

I know I'm not buying new, so I don't expect perfection, but I do know a car that looks like it's been abused when I see one and, sadly, this was a perfect example. I think the brand has become so successful that they think they can simply give a car a wash, stick it on the forecourt and wait for some mug to give them £40k for it. Not me! Censored

Post #333676 20th Jun 2015 11:38pm
r1chardh

I honestly couldn't believe the state of the cars I saw on main dealer forecourts. Good luck with the search!

(am loving mine by the way - it's an incredibly pleasant way to travel!)

Post #333779 21st Jun 2015 6:55pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Rich's old ab was a nice car. And he is like me slightly picky about stuff, so it should have had the niggles sorted Thumbs Up

The one he traded in for LR1 was a nice Stornaway with Ivory vogue in perfect nick! There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #333817 21st Jun 2015 11:15pm
r1chardh

Minor milestone passed the other day... 66666 miles.

Post #424686 25th Jan 2017 12:16am
r1chardh

Sadly my stewardship of this particular RR has to come to an end. I have moved to a *very* narrow road, where pretty much every car has scrapes and dents from the cars and vans that cut through. I was getting a quote from a glazing company just yesterday when their van was hit by another, whose driver failed to stop. If I was to keep the RR it would be trashed within a year, so it has gone up for SOR. We'll be sad to see it go.

Post #442941 28th Jun 2017 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123