Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Reverse camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Simran0211

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Reverse camera

I know that this topic has already been covered many times but here we go again Very Happy
I have a later L322 Vogue without the rear camera fitted which was bugging me, reading your fantastic site and to my wonder and amazement this is my write up on how to install one.
Make sure that the wife is at work the kids are at school and the phone is on silent then, Start with a hot cup of TEA if your working outside.
I started at the rear pulled up the tailgate and removed the covers over the rear wash wiper motor whist your hands are clean the remove the nearside speaker housing, pull the rear seats down and all the trim panels on the floor on the nearside leading from the rear to the front. With the tailgate open take a 10mm socket and remove the top spoiler which incorporates the brake light slide it forward and remove the plug for the brake light. with the panel in your hand mark out where you need to place the camera and drill an small hole on the under side of the spoiler and feed the cable through which i did and then realized that the camera could not see over the lip Big Cry panic now set in i wanted that camera to work NOW making a trip down to my stores room (garage ) i Found an old Alloy wheel locking nut cover from an old P38 that i had its about the right size I thought bringing it back up the the house measured and drilled got the old hammer out and set about modifying the cover painted it Matt black IMPATIENTLY waited for it to dry. I bolted the camera to the nut and with an old glue gun which i then glued it to the bottom of the spoiler, with my tea in hand i stood back and admired my handy work and and patted myself on the back Thumbs Up
Return the spoiler to the car feed the wire through the rubber gromit and then on to the the main loom in the rubber cover I sprayed the inside of the rubber gromit with WD 40 so that the camera would slide through easier fed the wiring through and down past the speaker and on to the front for the cable for the screen for the power I lifted the cover on the lower tailgate and found the live feed soldiered the live feed splicing the loom and covering over with heat shrink wrap finding the earth wasn't a problem either there is a bolt with the earthing point on the rear bulk head close to where the main loom goes.
At the front i striped of the top half of the dash which has been covered well before connected the fakra cable up which goes on the back in the middle of the three points as the other to have already been taken up Thanks to Steve for your advice Bow down I replaced the dash top panel put it all back together and then sat back realising that i haddnt even tryed it before i put it all back together Big Cry To my total amazement I put in the 753 Not SO Secret code I worked Rolling with laughter I all i need to do now is get it properly enabled via diagnostics machine. Mr. Green

http://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/us...G_8485.JPG

w.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/userpics/17329/thumb_IMG_8485.JPG

Post #425765 31st Jan 2017 4:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1