Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > LR Lincoln - a good one !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
proser

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey
LR Lincoln - a good one !

a big Thumbs Up so far for them.

Purchased car from them and everything has never been too much trouble, considering I am about 100miles away.

1. Went to collect on a Saturday morning but finance company playing silly beggers and wouldn't release money (something about under staffed). After waiting around for 3 hours the salesman sent me to a local restaurant for food and drinks and was covered on their account. Came back and still no idea when the money would be released so as they knew that I had set off very early on the train to get there for 10am they decided to send me home in a 66 reg RR Sport AB and would deliver mine to me on Monday.

2. Found a couple of small items missing, including the front cupholder inserts (didn't even realise for 4 days Laughing ). Rang them and sent me out replacements in a couple of days.

3. Had a couple of niggles that showed up over the last couple of weeks - swollen wheel nuts (checking they were tightened to correct value), external A post trim panel clips not holding fully and causing wind noise, driver headlight (mount behind grill had been repaired before but starting giving way), fault code logged on glow plug module, fault code logged for EGR sensor. Discussed with Service Manager and sent email with details. Straightaway said that they will collect car and fix it all.
So Saturday evening dropped off a 66reg FF 3.0 Vogue which has only just been registered and took mine away.

Today had an update call to let me know progress.
Wheel nuts replaced
glow plug module fault fixed - connector into a relay wasn't fully connected.
A Post trims ordered - only needed clips, but they are ordering complete trims
EGR Sensor ordered - this will require major engine dismantling to replace
Headlight ordered

Looks like I'll have the L405 until end of the week Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Regards
Mark

2012 Westminster
GONE - 2007 Java Black FF Vogue, with Ivory interior

Post #425698 30th Jan 2017 11:21pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Nice to hear that good old fashioned customer service isn't completely dead in the LR dealer network. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #425699 30th Jan 2017 11:29pm
proser

Forgot to say, when having the update call today I was asking questions about some of the work and the service manager went straight into the workshop and asked the tech working on my FF and relayed what I couldn't hear. Thumbs Up

Normally you will either get fobbed off, or they would have to ring back after finding time to speak to the tech. Regards
Mark

2012 Westminster

Post #425705 31st Jan 2017 12:53am
Diddley

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Well I can say the dealings with Lr Lincoln where ok regarding my first visit until about a month after when I checked the engine oil to find it said over full contact dealer immediately. Which I did and they told me to come straight in and they would check it for me.
After asking me what method I used and telling me I was wrong to do it that way, the smug look came on his face as he asked me to follow him to the workshop where he could show me the correct method and to show me it was to the correct level. As I approached the oil indicator read over full contact dealer. Now who was looking smug.
I asked them to remove all the oil from my engine and replace with the correct amount which they agreed. I am disappointed to say they failed again. These guys are supposed to be qualified technicians and I am disappointed to have payed for a poor service.
Glad you received good dealings with Marshall at Lincoln. 👍

Post #426281 4th Feb 2017 7:16pm
proser

Sorry to hear that.

I have further update on the service received but will wait until next week after a discussion with service manager. Regards
Mark

2012 Westminster

Post #426398 5th Feb 2017 1:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1