Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Ibus BMW NBT iDrive infotainment retrofit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Hi all little progress update - as expected halfway in this retrofit, Bimmer Retrofit have pulled the unsupported card as I have a couple of issues (no mention of rr on their site to be fair) I have gone back and said that it has the entertainment electronics of an x5 so irrelevant so they've agreed to best endeavour on this so we will see.

So what's not working? Not a show stopped for me but I'd love it to work as the germaniks guys have it working no problem - basically just the camera and parking radar. It works 1/10 times but I'd like better accuracy than that at being able to use it.

Also if you put the key in and turn it really quick (instantly) sometimes dsp amp won't start. It's an easy fix if you stop at each position for 3 seconds it's fine so far (will try and reduce this!)

Hopefully this is coding but check control is working fine except I get a low oil pressure fault when I start. I think this maybe because the f10 has an electronic dipstick so it's not registering.

Finally it has the sports displays not sure if they need calibrating but flat out it thinks I'm only 165hp and 330 torque so over 100 off those figures - hoping I've not lost that much seems to drive ok!

So far as they are being helpful I have no reason to not recommend BR but if you use them I'd wait to see how I do - they are cheaper but if you get the kit Mick sells (£500) it does more and I've not seen these problems (speed limit on dash of rr, dynamic parking lines). But hopefully they will come good so there will be a choice.

Finally if you are hunting for bits - if you have a tv tuner module - get an nbt with dab as by some fluke the tv tuner antennas plug straight in the dab input and work Smile

Post #427358 11th Feb 2017 11:45pm
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Ok guys have a brain malfunction took the first half of the pics on my old camera as my phone was being repaired and the second half on the phone. Annoyingly the camera uses ms cards and can't find card reader so stay with me!
I've done a quick video to show it excuse my voice!

Post #428871 23rd Feb 2017 12:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12