Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > First Service in my ownership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
timffrr

United Kingdom 
First Service in my ownership

Today my 02 4.4 v8 went in for its first service. Luckily for me I have a friend who is a very good mechanic doing the work for me. This afternoon he finally got round to putting it onto the lift and getting started. Initially it was just going in for oil, air, fuel, plugs, and pollen filter. He phoned just before it went on the lift and said we might as well do all the oils as the service history all though all there didn't have a lot of detail about what had been done, so better to be safe than sorry. So now it's diffs, transfer oil, gearbox. Not long after getting it on the ramp I get a phone call, aux belts need doing, and rocker cover gaskets need doing as they are leaking badly. While on the phone to him I mention it has a wobble between 50-60 and knocks when you go over bumps. Thinking it might be anti roll bar bushes he says he will have a look. 10 minutes later I get anothe phone call saying the steering rack is knackered, play in the ends and the middle joints in the rack.

What started out as a small service is going to turn into and ouchy moment for my wallet

Post #429446 27th Feb 2017 6:59pm
Markjohns1

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the club,hopefully you will notice the improvements once all the worjs competed,good luck Full fat 4.2 Sc
Full fat vogue 4.4 petrol
Jaguar XJR super charged
Porsche cayenne
Tvr tuscan mk1
Bmw mini cooper

Post #429471 27th Feb 2017 8:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1