Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Meridian Signature vs. AB 825W
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

When I was sitting in the car this morning listening to and enjoying Ken Bruce do Popmaster on Radio 2 I thought if only I had a better sound system I might have got more answers right Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Geoff

Post #426930 8th Feb 2017 5:55pm
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

That made me chuckle:)

I'm confident i've made the right choice in just sticking with the 825W system, as paying over £4k for the Signature upgrade was a touch too rich for me (half that cost i'd have jumped at it) & 70% of the music i'll be playing in the car will be Spotify streamed (albeit Spotify Premium so higher rate output) with the other 30% being the Radio/DAB so as i won't be using any original music sources such as CD's etc. the extra quality of the Signature would likely be wasted on me.

Post #427009 9th Feb 2017 9:30am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

You'll not be disappointed with that system. I did get over 30pts but failed on the 3 in 10 Very Happy Geoff

Post #427048 9th Feb 2017 1:48pm
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

My experience so far with the Signature system has been outstanding.

I appreciate that everyone has different listening ears but this is the first car I've ever had where I've not need to make any adjustment at all to the default frequency settings for both high and low range (treble/bass.

Put it another way, you could say that the car is a high end Hifi which happens to have 4WD rather than the other way round... 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #428931 23rd Feb 2017 5:37pm
CMJ

2015 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

As someone who usually spends £££ on audio upgrades. Last l322. Could play loud but sounded very very flat.next car. LR Discovery hse standard Meriden system. Superb. Excellent separation and definition. Note this was the standard audio. No upgrade.current l405 AB. . 825w system Ok. Nothing special. More impressive when played loud. Just goes to show its all very subjective and it's what you find pleasing to your own ears. Premium doesn't necessary mean the best. That said, I always live by the rule the more you pay the better things are so decide your priorities and spend your money to make you happy. 2013 L405 AB 4.4SDV8 Luxor/Ivory, 2007 Vogue TDV8 Epson Green/Sand, 2008 Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue/Sand, 2003 Vogue 4.4 LPG Epsom Green/Sage, 1998 Vogue SE 4.6 LPG Epsom Green/Cream

Post #428981 23rd Feb 2017 10:51pm
w8pmc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Thanks.

I guess i'll find out in a few days.

What i find surprising is that in lesser priced cars the upgrades seem more noticeable. As an example, in the Wife's old Q5, it had the B&O upgrade (was only about £800, not the £6k upgrade in other Audi's) & that sounded awesome. Then she had a Mini Countryman with the HK upgrade & that sounded very good, now she's a Volvo XC60 with again the HK upgrade & the sound is excellent (DAB & digital Media).

My A8 with Bose was at best average & my current F10 M5 with the HK upgrade is acceptable but leaves me thinking the standard system must be terrible if this is the upgrade.

I chose to proceed my order with the standard AB 825W system as thought that surely 825W & 19 speakers is enough to emit a decent quality note & the thought of spending over £4k on the upgrade caused me anguish so i bailed. I don't listen to music very loud but most of my journeys are long & i'll always have music playing or the Radio on so i do appreciate some level of quality (perhaps not £4k's worth), however i'll be sorely disappointed if the 825W Meridian doesn't at least impress me a little coming from the HK upgrade in the M5.

Post #429020 24th Feb 2017 9:13am

United Kingdom 

Standard BMW systems are terrible and always need upgrading without question (I have had a few). The AB 825W is more than adequate and comparable with a BMW HK system.

Post #429079 24th Feb 2017 8:09pm
iconoclast

Porsche systems have been notorious for horrible audio up until recent years. https://instagram.com/_.iconoclast/

Post #429494 27th Feb 2017 11:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123